Eagles looking into trading for DJ

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I would at the very least entertain an offer from the Eagles. It would have to favor the Cardinals and the Eagles still believe they are a contender to get back to the SB so they really need a RB especially in their offense. DJ gives them that pass catching RB Sproles filled and the outside back Ajayi gave them so they are getting 2 RBs for the price of one. It would need to be a #1, a starter and a rotational player at the very least and probably a later round 4 or 5. Anything less and I would tell them no deal. If they are desperate enough they may agree to pull the trigger. If no starter then it has to be a #1 and #2 as well as a rotational that would fill a starter position on the Cardinals as well as another rotational and a later round choice 5 or 6.

Two number ones and two number two would go a long way toward rebuilding this team. Of course the fly in the ointment is Keim and his history in drafting.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
trading DJ accelerates his contract and puts us 15million over the cap this season...how many guys we gotta cut to clear that up?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man it really has been a bad season when y'all spend 6 pages giving credence to some east coast Iggletard pipe dreams.

LOL! How ya think I feel here having to listen to that nonsense repeatedly? I know they're the champs, and I love my city's passion for them, but ef em in the end. I hope they suffer the consequences and flame all the way the hell out. Clowns.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL! How ya think I feel here having to listen to that nonsense repeatedly? I know they're the champs, and I love my city's passion for them, but ef em in the end. I hope they suffer the consequences and flame all the way the hell out. Clowns.

They were delusional before they finally won, I can't imagine how much they believe they are kings now lol

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is a trade theoretically possible, yes it is.

Is it viable ... not so much.

We would have to eat a big chunk of DJ's money as a caphit, we would need if I'm not mistaken 6 Mio Dollar in cuts or new deals that get us down to the 6 Mio Dollar plus maybe a cut or two.

So what would it need to do all this work? At least 1 #1 and 1 #3 round pick and that sounds about bare minimum. At the same time the steelers want a #1 and a #2 for Bell from what I got, so only if you think DJ fits your offense way better than Bell, you give up as much as for Bell. On the other side, it could be a #1 and #3 and an additional player, that could be good too.

The reasoning behind is quite simple, the cards aren't winning many games even with DJ, McCoy is one of the worst OC and he is ruining not only DJ but the whole offense. So trading for DJ now gives you a highly motivated player and if you keep him and Ajay ... you have a deadly combo that is unlike Bell so egoistic that could toxicate the RB room after this year.

On the other hand, for me, DJ would only play 1-2 years as RB after that you should develope him to a #1 WR ... but what do I know ...

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So trading for DJ now gives you a highly motivated player and if you keep him and Ajay ... you have a deadly combo that is unlike Bell so egoistic that could toxicate the RB room after this year.

They talkin Ajayi's done wit. Like eagle career finished. They knew he was on borrowed time for maybe 2 years when they got him since he was already dinged. Now it's a wrap for sure

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is a trade theoretically possible, yes it is.

Is it viable ... not so much.

We would have to eat a big chunk of DJ's money as a caphit
Agreed... This idea is a non-starter.

So what would it need to do all this work? At least 1 #1 and 1 #3 round pick and that sounds about bare minimum. At the same time the steelers want a #1 and a #2 for Bell from what I got, so only if you think DJ fits your offense way better than Bell, you give up as much as for Bell. On the other side, it could be a #1 and #3 and an additional player, that could be good too.
I don't know what Bell would bring in a trade... But if Johnson could be traded, he'd bring MUCH more. Not only is Johnson already signed to an extension, but the Cardinals would eat his signing bonus, making it a great contract for the Eagles. Bell would be a short term rental only, only likely to stay beyond this season at the cost of a monster contract AND signing bonus.

...dave

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They talkin Ajayi's done wit. Like eagle career finished. They knew he was on borrowed time for maybe 2 years when they got him since he was already dinged. Now it's a wrap for sure
I thought he would have another year or two, but didn't hear that he is done for good... crap I'm sorry, he is a great Back

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agreed... This idea is a non-starter.

I don't know what Bell would bring in a trade... But if Johnson could be traded, he'd bring MUCH more. Not only is Johnson already signed to an extension, but the Cardinals would eat his signing bonus, making it a great contract for the Eagles. Bell would be a short term rental only, only likely to stay beyond this season at the cost of a monster contract AND signing bonus.

...dave
Yes but from that standpoint Philly should give up at least 2 #1 and that wont happen. Only if Bell's cost is only a second than #1 & #3 sounds reasonable for Philly maybe even a bit more.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1)Well we did trade a #1 for Randall Thrill Hill

2)drafted Steve Little & Pisarkewiez #1

3did the same with Clyde Duncan & Kelly Stouffer

4) let Dave Butz leave in FA & become a star in DC

5) drafted John Lee in round 2

6) let Larry Centers go while he was “the heart & soul” of the Cards offense

7) drafted Levi Clown over Adrian Peterson

8) traded the great Pat Fischer to the Skins in his prime

9) traded Ahmad Rashad to the Vikes

10) Let Kurt Warner entertain contract offers from the Niners after he lead us to a Super Bowl

11) Let the greatest Arizona ILB in Los Dansby walk in FA

12) trade away the rights to draft Suggs for Pace & Skillet hands when he wanted to be a Cardinal

13) ran Don Coryell out of Stl to SD

14) let one of the greatest possession WRs in Ricky Proehl get away far nada

15) let the Cowpies complete their offense when we let Novacek test FA

16) couldn’t sign Gateway Joe Namath :lol:& he wins a SB lol

We’ve got the history of dumb moves & ineptitude so don’t rule it out!! Lol

The GM & HC really appear clueless at this point so I’m hoping they aren’t plan mentally dumb to sell for less than 2 number ones & great player(s)

All of these are soul crushes but done under a completely different FO and ownership.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is a bad season, if this BS non story is at the top hahahahaha

And people entertaining it

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
DJ may not be performing to 2016 standards, but the question must be: "Is it because of David? Or is it because the OL and/or our offensive coaching/playcalling suck?"

Of course the counter to this might be: "If our coaching, play-calling an OL sucks, what good will DJ be to us anyway?

Which can in turn be countered by: "If you believe a retooling or rebuilding team will need a potent running attack when it grows up", you're going to need good blockers and at least one talented RB anyway."

Conclusion - Robbing Peter to pay Paul will eventually come back to bite you. Say no to Philly (unless i's a Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams type of deal).
By the time they fix the Oline, it may be time to call the cows home. It might never happen here. Best they're going to do is develop the passing game with Rosen adding more young talent at wideout, and get linemen good at pass pro and some quickness for pulling and screens...ect. When is the last time we've seen that, effectively? It may make sense to eat some salary and blow this mess up, for a quicker rebuild. They're stuck in the muck, with no easy extraction. You can sign a vet RB in the off season. I'd settle for a 1 and 2 or 1 and a starter on OL.