Eagles looking into trading for DJ

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
It would need to be a package like in the draft where teams move up to a top 3....multiple picks and players.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
And, it fits with Cards diminishing their players values for no good reason

Reactions: PJ1

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DJ may not be performing to 2016 standards, but the question must be: "Is it because of David? Or is it because the OL and/or our offensive coaching/playcalling suck?"

Of course the counter to this might be: "If our coaching, play-calling an OL sucks, what good will DJ be to us anyway?

Which can in turn be countered by: "If you believe a retooling or rebuilding team will need a potent running attack when it grows up", you're going to need good blockers and at least one talented RB anyway."

Conclusion - Robbing Peter to pay Paul will eventually come back to bite you. Say no to Philly (unless i's a Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams type of deal).

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
DJ is not worthy of that kind of deal.

I don’t think so but the Eagles are desparate and I believe they have some good assets. Plus, the league knows we suck despie having elite talent at some positions.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think so but the Eagles are desparate and I believe they have some good assets. Plus, the league knows we suck despie having elite talent at some positions.

Other than pass rusher and #1 CB there is no elite talent on this team. I would say there isn't even very good talent. After those top 2 players I think there may only be a couple good players and a bunch who are average to poor.

This cupboard is dry.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
there is this odd line of thinking that overtakes followers of good teams that goes something like this:

"Team X is out of it this year, so they will want to trade their best player to us"

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Other than pass rusher and #1 CB there is no elite talent on this team. I would say there isn't even very good talent. After those top 2 players I think there may only be a couple good players and a bunch who are average to poor.

This cupboard is dry.

I’d still argue Fitz is one of the best in the NFL, but with nobody else to throw to, he gets the focus of the secondary.

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
there is this odd line of thinking that overtakes followers of good teams that goes something like this:

"Team X is out of it this year, so they will want to trade their best player to us"

True but we are the worst team in football by far.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d still argue Fitz is one of the best in the NFL, but with nobody else to throw to, he gets the focus of the secondary.

Even though I don't think he is elite anymore I will concede he may breach the very good category as a stand alone. Even then I am not so sure he doesn't get that rating as a result of his career rather than who he is now.

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
I don't know how you can say that when we just beat a team in their house by 10 points. We might be the worst team in football, but at the very least, it's not by far.

We only play them twice.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
First DBuc, Reddick and now DJ rumours .... is someone is putting this info out to send a message to the players? It's not unheard of

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First DBuc, Reddick and now DJ rumours .... is someone is putting this info out to send a message to the players? It's not unheard of

For all we know, they may want to be traded.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
There’s not a chance in hell this happens imo.

I would seriously listen if the Iggles want to offer 2 number ones & either or Nelson Aguilar/Jordan Hicks or both players & a #1 & #2

Yeah I’m greedy like that! Let’s not poo poo a great player away because this staff & the Oline is limiting his production.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
if we plan to keep using him like we have?? sure why not?... take a 1 and a 2 for him