Dobbs to the Vikings

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Dude. If you think that the posts you're citing above prove a point that there was a groundswell of people saying that Joshua Dobbs is a starter in the NFL, I don't know what to tell you. Even you have to backtrack to "intimating."
If you don't think that there were plenty of people saying that Josh Dobbs could be a starter, I don't know what to tell you. I can keep wasting my time finding evidence of it to prove you wrong:

"Can Josh Dobbs be our Geno Smith"

Just because you bizarrely act like it wasn't happening doesn't make it so.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hey, man. He got you. Just admit it.

4 or 5 people on this board said "at this pace he COULD be a starter" or "the guy is serviceable."

BINGO. He owned you.

:biglaugh:
There were plenty of people talking up Dobbs as a QB and a starter early in the year. It was funny! To act like it didn't happen is just weird, but you two do you. This debate is a waste of my time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well, congrats for owning the board, I guess. All the people here who posted that Joshua Dobbs was a legit NFL starter.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was impressed after Dobbs first game. I know I had rather seen him than a less than healthy McCoy.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if Dobbs start one more game this season, the Vikings will send back the conditional 7th round pick that they got from the Cardinals in the trade. To NFL personnel people (and that includes the head coach here) that is easily enough to keep him away from the field, as long as he is not a sure upgrade over the other options. They are with draft picks like Gollum is with the ring.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if Dobbs start one more game this season, the Vikings will send back the conditional 7th round pick that they got from the Cardinals in the trade. To NFL personnel people (and that includes the head coach here) that is easily enough to keep him away from the field, as long as he is not a sure upgrade over the other options. They are with draft picks like Gollum is with the ring.
Good information. Explains why he's now emergency 3rd string QB.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Don’t know what colt might have done, or if the rookie got his feet under him. Do know that Dobbs lost a bunch with the team, enough to bury the season. The only thing bad about this, is the team was Competing and imploding.

can’t say cards wouldn’t have been alive if colt started. But think they might have been.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Don’t know what colt might have done, or if the rookie got his feet under him. Do know that Dobbs lost a bunch with the team, enough to bury the season. The only thing bad about this, is the team was Competing and imploding.

can’t say cards wouldn’t have been alive if colt started. But think they might have been.
Nah bro - colt was finished. His arm was done, and the last time he had legs we had a different president

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We still get our 7th round pick back though right? He played in 5 games.
Yes, C88, but the condition was that he started five games, and not only played in them.

However, Howard Balzer (the reporter) says that the Cards do get the pick back, since Dobbs have started four games. I don't understand that, to be honest, since the condition was that he started at least half the games left, when he was traded with nine games left, but I could obviously be wrong.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I’m too lazy to look it up, did Dobbs start enough games for us to get the sixth instead of the seventh?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keep in mind Hall started the game when Dobbs first got to MN. Mullen was out. Hall played 2 series and got injured. Not sure how that plays into the equation (i know it's not a start).

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 25-year-old rookie out of BYU (served his 2-year mission before college and had a medical redshirt year in the middle of his college career).
So, yes, a rookie. Older than most rookies, but a rookie who has played far less regular season football than the other two QBs .

THESMEL

Reaction score
Wonder if McCoy would have kept cards alive longer? Everybody said his arm was toast, but his savvy won games.

and I personally believe we would have a more solid view of the roster.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder if McCoy would have kept cards alive longer? Everybody said his arm was toast, but his savvy won games.

and I personally believe we would have a more solid view of the roster.
If his arm wasn't truly dead, he'd have been snapped up by any number of teams.

THESMEL

Reaction score
If his arm wasn't truly dead, he'd have been snapped up by any number of teams.
Well he was a leader on this team, with its pulse, with Kyler out, Dobbs had plenty of ability, but none of the chemistry. I guess I weigh that a lil more than others. A team must be able to execute regardless of QB. McCoy was the next man up with some success.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard