OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patriots waived RB D.J. Foster.
We'll be very interested to see if Foster gets claimed on waivers. The running back-receiver hybrid shredded the preseason and was clearly beloved by the Patriots' organization, which stashed him on the 53-man roster even with several backs ahead of Foster on the depth chart. The Patriots would surely prefer Foster goes on their practice squad. He'll have go unclaimed first. Mon, Nov 28, 2016 05:38:00 PM

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Very poor man's Andre Ellington. Actually make that a dead-broke man with 6 kids Andre Ellington.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much for Chris Johnson coming back... And Im OK with that

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I don't recall him returning punts or kickoffs at ASU.

You are right that he has not done it much at college/NFL level, but I think that's where his value is. He has some preseason experience doing both the last two years with the Pats.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I had written in a post a couple of weeks ago that i was hoping the Cardinals would claim D.J. Foster off waivers. I watched Foster last year and this year in all his pre-season games with the Pats and was impressed with his versatility as a RB, slot WR and return man. He plays hard and has the quicks to make tacklers miss. i also saw him lower his shoulder and spin off contact.

The quick move to sign Foster is excellent, imo. I know the Pats really like him, but their RB room is stocked. Interesting too that the Pats recently this week have been getting phone calls from teams wanting to trade for RB Dion Lewis. Had they traded Lewis they very likely would have signed Foster to the roster. Many fans wanted the Pats to keep Foster.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
My first reaction: Foster will be our new return man, because we'll need Kerywnn as the #1 RB

RB's that are 5 foot 8 inches tall don't do very well as the #1 RB. DJ Foster seems like a bigger/better Ellington. I say we cut Ellington and sign another RB that can actually run the football/move the chains.

I really like KW but not as a #1 RB.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had written in a post a couple of weeks ago that i was hoping the Cardinals would claim D.J. Foster off waivers. I watched Foster last year and this year in all his pre-season games with the Pats and was impressed with his versatility as a RB, slot WR and return man. He plays hard and has the quicks to make tacklers miss. i also saw him lower his shoulder and spin off contact.

The quick move to sign Foster is excellent, imo. I know the Pats really like him, but their RB room is stocked. Interesting too that the Pats recently this week have been getting phone calls from teams wanting to trade for RB Dion Lewis. Had they traded Lewis they very likely would have signed Foster to the roster. Many fans wanted the Pats to keep Foster.

Glad to hear that. Do you think the Cards will be more of a rb by committee approach with Williams, Ellington, Perry and Foster?? I don't think one back would see 20 to 25 touches per game.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Great kid. Deserved better than he got at ASU... But in the NFL, he's undersized and not nearly as fast as need be given his lack of size. Better than average hands.
I don't see him making any type of material impact whatsoever. I think we'll see Kerwynn and Penny as the main rushers, and Ellington continue to be used as the 3rd down, out of the backfield option...

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Patriots waived RB D.J. Foster.
We'll be very interested to see if Foster gets claimed on waivers. The running back-receiver hybrid shredded the preseason and was clearly beloved by the Patriots' organization, which stashed him on the 53-man roster even with several backs ahead of Foster on the depth chart. The Patriots would surely prefer Foster goes on their practice squad. He'll have go unclaimed first. Mon, Nov 28, 2016 05:38:00 PM
I'm going to venture a guess he cleared wavers over the last 10 months.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great kid. Deserved better than he got at ASU... But in the NFL, he's undersized and not nearly as fast as need be given his lack of size. Better than average hands.
I don't see him making any type of material impact whatsoever. I think we'll see Kerwynn and Penny as the main rushers, and Ellington continue to be used as the 3rd down, out of the backfield option...
Penny has been burned by lions punter yesterday after the dropped punt
Too slow to play the half back role

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard