Devin Booker Max Extension Confirmed

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No details as of yet, but it is a max extension.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bordow said 5 years and $158 million, that is the max possible. Calipari said $160 during the Summer League game but he was probably just rounding it off. I don't think he knew the real details of it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Video of Booker mentioning that he's resigned for 5 more years.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Booker, Jackson, Ayton and Bridges is a great core for the next 5 years!

$158 Million and he'll be around 26 or 27 when his next deal is up. If he progresses as a max player, he should buy a large truck and back it up into the arena to collect all that money.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking if the Calipari comment had not been made public, the Booker extension would likely not have been announced tonight.

The tweet by Sarver sort of sealed it because he had to correct it.

OP
OP
CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm thinking if the Calipari comment had not been made public, the Booker extension would likely not have been announced tonight.

The tweet by Sarver sort of sealed it because he had to correct it.

I think their plan was to let tonight be about Ayton and Bridges and tomorrow was gonna be all about Booker. Cal just took that option away.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think their plan was to let tonight be about Ayton and Bridges and tomorrow was gonna be all about Booker. Cal just took that option away.

I don't see anyway Sarver wanted this information released tonight.

OP
OP
CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't see anyway Sarver wanted this information released tonight.
That's precisely what I'm saying. His plan was probably going to be to release this tomorrow morning before SL action picked back up. That would get people talking about the Suns for a while.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's precisely what I'm saying. His plan was probably going to be to release this tomorrow morning before SL action picked back up. That would get people talking about the Suns for a while.

I said this earlier.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter. Great job McD. Max deal, no options. It will look like it’s cheap in 6 years. Yes, six more guaranteed years of Devin Booker.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter. Great job McD. Max deal, no options. It will look like it’s cheap in 6 years. Yes, six more guaranteed years of Devin Booker.

This is what is most important. Not only do we have him locked in for 5 years with the extension but we still have 1 year remaining on his rookie deal. Having our franchise player locked in for that long provides some stability to this team that's been missing since the Nash years. Glad this is done.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Nobody in the world deserves 160 million dollars. I think it's just insane. Over 30 mill per year. That's more than 300 times what I earn and I have a masters degree and been working for twenty years. It's crazy but whatever. Happy for the kid. Spend it wisely.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody in the world deserves 160 million dollars. I think it's just insane. Over 30 mill per year. That's more than 300 times what I earn and I have a masters degree and been working for twenty years. It's crazy but whatever. Happy for the kid. Spend it wisely.

I totally agree but if NBA players are going to earn this type money, I'm glad it is Devin Booker.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Sports are crazy out of whack with the rest of the world. Same for the entertainment industry at the top. But in the end, it all comes down to supply and demand. Nobody else can do what these guys do and they entertain the masses. Let's hope Booker does some good with his riches and I have no reason to doubt that he won't.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good job McD.

Although you are all right. Booker will make over $600,000 per week for the duration of that contract. Yikes. My daughter is a high school math teacher. Honestly, her job is more important. She lives in near poverty.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job McD.

Although you are all right. Booker will make over $600,000 per week for the duration of that contract. Yikes. My daughter is a high school math teacher. Honestly, her job is more important. She lives in near poverty.

I usually agree with you but I'd have to give you a thumbs down for this. I'm not a Lebron fan but I think it's easy to demonstrate that he's had a greater impact on a greater number of people than any math teacher, banker, surgeon or police officer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard