Devin Booker Max Extension Confirmed

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another good write-up on Booker and all the great experience he's getting with Team USA:

http://arizonasports.com/story/1612...-colangelo-and-more-during-team-usa-minicamp/

It's weird how international commitments are viewed by fans. I don't think anyone views Booker being involved with Team USA as a bad thing, most would probably say it's a big positive. Compare that to how guys like Dragic were viewed for playing for their national teams. I know he played a lot for us but beyond the minutes played no one cared much at all they played nationally and viewed it as something they'd rather not happen. The competition they play against is different though. Booker has the best teammates in the world that just run teams over while Dragic would lead his team against the best teams in the world. Team USA doesn't play competitive games because the talent gap is so big but guys who actually work hard competing get knocked for doing so. It's not just a Suns fan thing. Most fans don't want their players to have international commitments.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's weird how international commitments are viewed by fans. I don't think anyone views Booker being involved with Team USA as a bad thing, most would probably say it's a big positive. Compare that to how guys like Dragic were viewed for playing for their national teams. I know he played a lot for us but beyond the minutes played no one cared much at all they played nationally and viewed it as something they'd rather not happen. The competition they play against is different though. Booker has the best teammates in the world that just run teams over while Dragic would lead his team against the best teams in the world. Team USA doesn't play competitive games because the talent gap is so big but guys who actually work hard competing get knocked for doing so. It's not just a Suns fan thing. Most fans don't want their players to have international commitments.
I think the dichotomy boils down to:

Foreign team play is viewed as wearing down the player and potential for injury without much upside.

Team USA play typically has the weardown/injury potential downplayed due to the upside for young guys getting to witness practice, and play against, the best in the nba. Not saying it’s right, but those are the things I think of when examining my own thoughts on the two.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dragic playing with guys we don’t know and inferior to NBA played is A LOT different than American players playing with superstars from the NBA. The practices are more valuable than the games. Can’t say that for international players.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
In Kobe's 5th season he averaged 28.5 ppg, 5.0 apg, and 5.9 rpg while shooting 46% from the field when he was Booker's age. Booker spent a year in college and since Kobe sucked his rookie year in the NBA, writing off his first season would put them about even.

I know Booker's NOT Kobe but the comparisons have been made before as far as their drive and scoring ability goes. If Booker can put up those numbers, that would be huge. Last season he averaged 24.9, 4.7 apg, and 4.5 rpg on 43% shooting. Kobe shot 30% from 3pt range while Booker will definitely surpass that as a career 36.5% 3pt shooter. Booker's not the defender Kobe was so I think that will keep him out of the MVP discussions for a while, I think he'll eventually make the shortlist for MVP in a couple of years.

I remember 2001 when Kobe took the next step. Shaq was obviously the man but Kobe really turned it on in the playoffs and became a superstar.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can't blame a 21 year old for who he's dating though, at least it's not an actual Kardashian.
Looks like it may be a Jenner though

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
She's part of Kylie's entourage and is an "instagram model", not sure what people were expecting but that's pretty close to what I thought she's be. Here's a link of "17 things you need to know about her, according to the title of the article.

I guarantee that the number of things I need to know about her is zero, not 17.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
A 21 year old with a 158 million dollar contract will attract hordes of Instagram models. Daddy needs a boat and someone with half a brain to sit and yell at him.

You must be registered for see images attach

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like it may be a Jenner though

Now that makes more sense than the Jordyn Woods story. And sorry to say, that's a Kardashian sister, the last name is a formality.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eh... he's a 21 year old kid. Stress on the word KID.

I could care less here.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As long as he avoids Memo Paris, I'm not too worried.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker should date a lot of girls and not get serious about any until he finds the right one.

Flashy is not my preferred style.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A 21 year old with a 158 million dollar contract will attract hordes of Instagram models. Daddy needs a boat and someone with half a brain to sit and yell at him.

You must be registered for see images attach
Kylie Jenner’s net worth is roughly 8x what Booker’s is. Could be wrong but I don’t think she’s in it for the money.

Her net worth is actually 2x what LeBron’s is.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nevermind on this chick, guess she has a kid already and they don't know who is the real father?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has not been easy but I've managed to avoid almost everything that is Kardashian related. I wouldn't recognize any of them and I'd just as soon keep it that way.

I totally don't get it either. If they have a reality show I've managed to avoid it quite nicely without any effort.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sex sells. Write that down.
Kylie has built an empire taking selfies and getting followers on Instagram. The reality show just gave it a kick start. Then she started selling makeup to all those followers. Social media has bred a completely new type of celebrity.

She has 112 million followers and gets $1 million per paid Instagram post. Welcome to the millennial generation.

Why should this matter to Suns fans? Devin Booker is about to become the hottest NBA player in the world and it will be about stuff off the court. He could parlay this into hundreds of millions beyond his NBA salary. And he will be a HUGE media focal point. Hopefully he will be able to keep his mind on basketball.

All the girls think he is hot. A few selfies with Kylie and he will build his own Instagram base and will parlay that into some sort of fashion business. It will be a clothing line or something. He is a marketing bonanza.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard