Devin Booker Max Extension Confirmed

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Translation.

Just my way of pointing out that there often seems to be a full moon here. We tend to get wrapped too tightly every now and then. I used Hellmouth but ancient sacred burial ground might mean more to you old guys.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Just my way of pointing out that there often seems to be a full moon here. We tend to get wrapped too tightly every now and then. I used Hellmouth but ancient sacred burial ground might mean more to you old guys.

Good guess!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I don't think we're wound up so tight now... no serious ad hominim arguments in progress and people are confessing their draft sins... we'll break out into kumbya any minute now...

The moon waxes, the moon wanes. Give it time.:)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is a video of Booker playing during the Team USA practice. He looks good, but it's a highlight video of sorts. I'm glad he's working out with real pro's right now though.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is a video of Booker playing during the Team USA practice. He looks good, but it's a highlight video of sorts. I'm glad he's working out with real pro's right now though.

This team USA stuff is really important. This is where Booker should be talking to next summer's free agents about coming and joining with him.
I thought I saw him taking KD, Paul George and Embiid to school in that video.
Yep. Devin can get his shot off over anyone. KD is so much longer but Book just quickly pulls up and puts it up. There are only a few players in league history that have had that type of ability (MJ and Kobe were two of them). This kid will be a superstar.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
He'd better get that jab step working in both directions, or good defenders will just sit on his right.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Booker video, in case nobody has posted this one yet.

This is from the "open run" games at UCLA that happen all summer. They have been putting them on Youtube for weeks now, mostly college kids with some pros, lots of UCLA's current team, but now this one is almost exclusively pros.

Booker is raining 25-30 footers in this one. Note the really young looking kid in the video around the 10 minute mark when Booker is going off, that's Cassius Stanley a highschool senior to be, who's trying to reclassify but apparently won't make it. His dad is Jerome Stanley the agent. Great leaper not a polished player and looks a bit overmatched in this video but he'll likely be a lottery pick in a couple of years on sheer athletic ability and length. Right now looks like he's probably going to USC.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So now Devin is dating someone in the Kardashian entourage. Her name is Jordyn Woods and she is a plus sized model.

Yikes. Distractions.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So now Devin is dating someone in the Kardashian entourage. Her name is Jordyn Woods and she is a plus sized model.

Yikes. Distractions.

Can't blame a 21 year old for who he's dating though, at least it's not an actual Kardashian. If it proves to be a distraction, hopefully someone on the team can spell it out for him. Did Ariza play with Harden when he dated a Kardashian? He might have some unique insight and be able to get Booker to knock it off if it becomes a problem.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In Kobe's 5th season he averaged 28.5 ppg, 5.0 apg, and 5.9 rpg while shooting 46% from the field when he was Booker's age. Booker spent a year in college and since Kobe sucked his rookie year in the NBA, writing off his first season would put them about even.

I know Booker's NOT Kobe but the comparisons have been made before as far as their drive and scoring ability goes. If Booker can put up those numbers, that would be huge. Last season he averaged 24.9, 4.7 apg, and 4.5 rpg on 43% shooting. Kobe shot 30% from 3pt range while Booker will definitely surpass that as a career 36.5% 3pt shooter. Booker's not the defender Kobe was so I think that will keep him out of the MVP discussions for a while, I think he'll eventually make the shortlist for MVP in a couple of years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson