Dennis Gardeck - 2nd round tender

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Those are two of the most motivated freak athletes this generation. Not that Dennis isn't, but he's not any of those guys.

You're saying Dennis isn't a motivated freak? Have you watched the guy play? He reminds me of the character Steve Lattimer on the football movie The Program.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You're saying Dennis isn't a motivated freak? Have you watched the guy play? He reminds me of the character Steve Lattimer on the football movie The Program.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Maybe Gardeck could get roided up like Lattimer to hasten the healing process.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
on the podcast produced by the Cards org, Kyle Odegard said he interprets the 2nd round tender as a vote of confidence in his knee. Said it might mean the Cardinals saw his knee isnt as torn up as a typical ACL and they expect him to come back quicker than the typical timeline.

The reporters working for the Cards have ACTUAL inside info but Im not sure if this Gardeck knee info is real or just offseason gas.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Titans just gave Bud Dupree $85M and he is coming off the same injury.

But there’s no comparison of a player of Duprees pedigree to Gardeck. Also, this is a 5 year contract, so it’s a long term investment, probably hoping for something this year but also looking for impact four years down the road.

Gardeck is a one year deal in which his surgery was six weeks after Dupree, flashed in only one year and will be a FA next year anyway.

And again, it’s not that I think the Gardeck contract is bad in of itself. I question the overall plan at that LBer spot where we basically have Gardeck and Kennard taking 10 million bucks of cap room between the two of them. I’d rather have Reddick on a year deal at 3 million more with Golden as sick depth making the pass rush dominant and diverse with strength, motor and speed.