Deandre Ayton discussion

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Evaluating DA by production alone is moronic when like 95% of his value is defensive + rim gravity on offense.
Other the insult, you’re not wrong. But in the performances where his measurable as were subpar they were usually accompanied by low effort poor defense. Game day threads evidence that.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evaluating DA by production alone is moronic when like 95% of his value is defensive + rim gravity on offense.

which I why I also highlighted how atrocious we were defensively in those games where Ayton's production was pathetic.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
Other the insult, you’re not wrong. But in the performances where his measurable as were subpar they were usually accompanied by low effort poor defense. Game day threads evidence that.

GDT disproportionately focus on minor errors OMG HE DROPPED A PASS ONCE and counting stats. Nobody is talking about his inverted gravity in the throes of a heated contest get real.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm glad the kid turned it up when the lights came on.

Tonight is huge...... Really huge.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre has played exceptionally well in 4 of the 5 playoff games though.

In game 5 none of the starters did a lot offensively except Booker with 30 and Bridges with 13 points.

He played well in all of them. They didn't need him to score in the last game but he anchored our defense throughout this entire series. The Lakers have been scheming around him. Nobody called that 3 point bank shot heading into this series.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played well in all of them. They didn't need him to score in the last game but he anchored our defense throughout this entire series. The Lakers have been scheming around him. Nobody called that 3 point bank shot heading into this series.

I'm not sure we are disagreeing.

Only said Deandre Ayton played "exceptionally well" in 4 of the 5 playoff games.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
Why exactly do you do this? You just love trolling posters. You're not fooling anyone with your attacks buried underneath stat quoting.

Why do so many people act like Ayton doesn’t control a game on both ends even when he gets 8 and 7? You’re not fooling me with your red herring.