Deandre Ayton discussion

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s less than Ayton’s nothing.

He is not a volume scorer. That isn’t how he impacts the offense. I don’t know what to tell you.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread went from AYTON SUCKS SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT to “wouldn’t trade him for Kat” in record time. You guys just cannot help yourselves.

No it didn't. You still have the same people that can't stand Ayton and you still have the same people that love his potential but are frustrated about his stretches when he can't catch the ball cleanly (pass or rebound) and ends up standing around 25 feet from the basket for no good reason. I've never wavered on the issue that we are a better team because of him and I've never wanted to trade him for KAT.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn’t wrong. Bad passes aren’t the big man’s fault. Ayton has a 122 ORTG so even if he “drops” passes, he’s still an elite offensive player.

You know old posts don't disappear just because you ignore them?

This is a ton of garbage. Of course if I fumble an accurate pass OOB, I am credited with the turnover, hence, the possession.

This proves you were wrong and have tried bending the narrative in a feeble attempt to keep from admitting as much.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The conversation was about Ayton not catching marginal passes, like the Booker pass the other day he got one hand on.

You conceded that inaccurate passes are properly attributed as turnovers on the passer. I have not seen many accurate passes, thrown at reasonable speed, that Ayton has fumbled. It’s a complete red herring

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The conversation was about Ayton not catching marginal passes, like the Booker pass the other day he got one hand on.

You conceded that inaccurate passes are properly attributed as turnovers on the passer. I have not seen many accurate passes, thrown at reasonable speed, that Ayton has fumbled. It’s a complete red herring
Yes bc every pass except those he catches are bad passes even though we don’t see nearly the same with passes to anyone else in the post. A witch must’ve put a spell around Ayton to make his teammates throw only bad passes only to him in the post.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a judgment call. You have proven nothing.

When he said you've been proven incorrect he's not talking about whether the pass was good or bad. You insisted that fumbling away a catchable pass would be called on Ayton and that simply is not true. It will be called on the passer, if the ball is not caught, whether it's a good pass or a bad pass.

And if you actually watch this team play you'll discover we're not just talking about passes. It also happens on rebounds. He usually has good hands but he has stretches where catchable passes and grabbable rebounds just hit his hands and bounce away. It's happened hundreds of times in his very short career.

I've watched the Suns play since the franchise was first announced and IMO I've seen him fumble more catchable passes and rebounds than every other center we've had combined and that includes a lot of athletically challenged stiffs, which Ayton certainly is not. And the cost is not just lost rebounds or turnovers, there's also the wasted scoring opportunities that often result from fumbling a pass down low allowing the defense time to recover.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Andrew, is that you??

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's a joke about a poster from long ago. I don't really see much similarity, other than that guy was a fan of specific players (Shaq at the time) rather than a specific team.
Player, not playerS. And yeah he had a weird love affair with shaq. Came and went with him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Player, not playerS. And yeah he had a weird love affair with shaq. Came and went with him.

Here yes, but after Shaq went to Cleveland Andrew starting putting out videos worshipping Lebron (who he then followed to a Miami forum).

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only knew him here

I ran across him on a different forum before he showed up here but the information about his fan choices after Shaq was traded came from another poster on this board who provided a link to his Lebron videos (youtube, I think).

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I ran across him on a different forum before he showed up here but the information about his fan choices after Shaq was traded came from another poster on this board who provided a link to his Lebron videos (youtube, I think).
I remember Andrew. He was one of those fans that are almost scary— as in restraining order scary.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't andrew have some sort vlog or youtube videos too?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't andrew have some sort vlog or youtube videos too?

Yeah, he did, that's what I was talking about above. I'm drawing a blank on who it was but someone here posted a few of his videos (or links to his videos) showing that Andrew had attached himself to Lebron.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson