Deandre Ayton discussion

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Ayton didn't start playing basketball until he was 12, Luka signed his first contract with Real Madrid when he was 13.
Luka was playing with men at a younger age than that, too!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wasn’t wrong. Bad passes aren’t the big man’s fault. Ayton has a 122 ORTG so even if he “drops” passes, he’s still an elite offensive player.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
People who aren’t good at watching basketball seem to rely on their lying eyes more than people who are good at watching basketball. Funny how that works.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This thread went from AYTON SUCKS SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT to “wouldn’t trade him for Kat” in record time. You guys just cannot help yourselves.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To be fair, most players, no matter how good they are, are going to have a play or two like that in every game.

My problem is that outside of the 4th quarter he wasn't actually doing anything offensively at all.

Serious question: did you even watch the 1st quarter? He had 6 points in 6 minutes lol.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Do you know how priors factor into RPM?

research that and then we can talk

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Ayton is absolutely playing better this year. He is actually a presence. I have seen growth. I think people forget all the lean years at center where we bitched and complained that the player we had never got better. Never showed signs of getting better. I was really really worried about Ayton heading into this year. Don't get me wrong. Dude has some stuff he needs to work on but I see signs of hope and at times he has looked really good.

There is zero shot this team is top 4 defensively without Ayton. The team has been right around the top 10 all season defending the paint compared to last year we were at the bottom 10 in the NBA. The team is top 8 in contested shots.

Ayton is the 5th best overall rebounder in the NBA. At the center position 8th best scoring, #10 in field goals made, 6th in FG%, 4th in rebounding. I was going to be all over him this season if I didn't see something but IMO he is progressing.

I agree. We are all frustrated that he took a step back offensively, but overall, I think he is making more of an impact this year than last. His defense is outstanding and he has been rebounding extremely well.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He's already a very good player. He should be a dominant force, and that's what frustrates people.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This thread went from AYTON SUCKS SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT to “wouldn’t trade him for Kat” in record time. You guys just cannot help yourselves.
I would in a heartbeat. A millisecond if you will.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wasn’t wrong. Bad passes aren’t the big man’s fault. Ayton has a 122 ORTG so even if he “drops” passes, he’s still an elite offensive player.
Lol. Your inability to admit when you’re wrong in the face of overwhelming opposition is impressive. Keep repeating the “bad passes” phrase to convince yourself that’s what’s happening.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol. Your inability to admit when you’re wrong in the face of overwhelming opposition is impressive. Keep repeating the “bad passes” phrase to convince yourself that’s what’s happening.

Will do. Suns make a ton of them to him.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Look, man, I’m not saying he catches every pass he should, it’s just exhausting how the narrative focuses so much on his minor shortcomings when the dude has been freaking awesome this year.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The folks saying “if he could only catch a pass” are missing the forest for a leaf on the forest floor. It is, again, a betrayal of the eye test’s overwhelming bias: EVERYONE can EASILY see a dropped or fumbled pass, but who notices the angle of a screen opening an angle for a secondary or tertiary action (much less the roll gravity that the defense bends towards)?

Also, criticizing Ayton for not catching every pass is a bit like saying Booker would be an elite two way player if he was just more skilled/aware defensively. Sure? So what?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Basically, if his hands were a massive problem he wouldn’t be producing 122pts per 100 possessions.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look, man, I’m not saying he catches every pass he should, it’s just exhausting how the narrative focuses so much on his minor shortcomings when the dude has been freaking awesome this year.

freaking awesome? Man. You really must be Ayton’s agent. Your hyperbole is off the charts.