Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Why has it taken this long for The Rock to get into the superhero films?!?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidently this tested really well with audiences. So, hoping it's a hit. If this is a hit? Can you imagine a Shazam, Black Adam movie with Superman as well?!!? That could be HUGE!!!!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, critics hate it but audiences really like it...

You must be registered for see images attach

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So this was much better than I expected. Good action, and the Rock was good, but they did surprisingly well with the whole "antihero" thing. There was some cheese towards the end, but I would definitely put this up along the better of the DCEU movies with Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Not as good as Wonder Woman, but a step in the right direction.

They did rely a lot on special effects, but they were utilized better than say, The Eternals did. Still doesn't approach the best of the MCU, but still much better than Wonder Woman 2 and Justice League.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the first hour is a C movie. The characters and their motivations are super rushed and at times non sensical.

The last hour is a A-. Story comes together well and the Rock starts to be less wooden.

I would rank it a solid B overall with a great ending. Pierce Brosnan was the real star of the movie in my opinion. He really shines.

Also I thought they really stole from a lot of Marvel's top action scenes but that's fine. It was still enjoyable

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So bad. So, so bad. I tend to poo poo the critics, so although the RT score was worrying, I went into it figuring the Rock would carry it. And the Rock was good as the actual character. The actual movie was just baaad. The exposition was about as cringeworthy as possible. The introduction of the "antagonists" was cringeworthy, as were the actual "antagonists," save for the girl. There was a lot more I didn't like, but I don't have the energy to get into it.

Now, this wasn't WW84 level bad. I would say it's Aquaman level bad, where it was just clunky, hamfisted, but not "oh come on, how idiotic can you be" level bad. I hold out hope that the sequel/sequels might be better, but we also know what one of the worst DC movies was, so...le sigh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson