DCU: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Well at least Snyder will have two amazing directors to mentor him on this project. I am reserving judgment.

He wasn't a terrible Daredevil, if you watched the Director's Cut. That version was much better than the theatrical one.

And I can't help but remember the angst when Heath Ledger was named the Joker. Same kind of hate going around today.

Certainly not my first, second, or third choice. But I like to think of it as an outside-the-box choice. It certainly wasn't the popular one.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I disagree with myself. He might be okay, if he just pretends he is the guy in Argo. But if he lapses into the Ben Affleck from the Town or Good Will Hunting or mentions underoos or says wicked, I am leaving the theatre.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Ok, I disagree with myself. He might be okay, if he just pretends he is the guy in Argo. But if he lapses into the Ben Affleck from the Town or Good Will Hunting or mentions underoos or says wicked, I am leaving the theatre.

Fair enough!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least Snyder will have two amazing directors to mentor him on this project. I am reserving judgment.

He wasn't a terrible Daredevil, if you watched the Director's Cut. That version was much better than the theatrical one.

And I can't help but remember the angst when Heath Ledger was named the Joker. Same kind of hate going around today.

Certainly not my first, second, or third choice. But I like to think of it as an outside-the-box choice. It certainly wasn't the popular one.
Ben Affleck is not an amazing director. He is a fine director. Or are you referring to someone else.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Affleck and Nolan are amazing (at least compared to Snyder).
I don't see Affleck on Nolan's level, but some probably do. I don't see Affleck pulling off Inception or The Dark Knight, but that is just me. :)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I don't see Affleck on Nolan's level, but some probably do. I don't see Affleck pulling off Inception or The Dark Knight, but that is just me. :)

Or Memento. Actually, I don't know if anyone could pull that off again, including its original director, Nolan. That was lightning in a bottle.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Once upon a time, Affleck was in talks to do a movie about the assassination of Don Bolles. I really, really hope this project happens someday. I think he could do it justice.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
What do you care, gramma? :D

(spoken in a shriveled voice)
I tell ya sonny, I can't believe what passes as entertainment for you whippersnappers today! back in my day there was Gone with The Wind and The Wizard Of Oz. It was a better time. Characters would drink martinis in their cars and smoke loosies. Nowadays all ya get is a man dressed like a flying rodent.....

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
(spoken in a shriveled voice)
I tell ya sonny, I can't believe what passes as entertainment for you whippersnappers today! back in my day there was Gone with The Wind and The Wizard Of Oz. It was a better time. Characters would drink martinis in their cars and smoke loosies. Nowadays all ya get is a man dressed like a flying rodent.....

Also from your time:

Reefer Madness (1936)

Cautionary tale features a fictionalized and highly exaggerated take on the use of marijuana. A trio of drug dealers lead innocent teenagers to become addicted to "reefer" cigarettes by holding wild parties with jazz music.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028346/

I'll take the rodent. :D

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Ben was doing Batman with a Boston accent and played him like a normal Joe, he would do just fine. LOL. Seriously, BA is so hit and miss. I think he can act. See Good Will Hunting, Chasing Amy, Hollywoodland, The Town and Argo. The problem is when the material is weak he can't make it better like some great actors.

I do have a hard time seeing him as Batman. Having said that, I was one of the ones that couldn't see Keaton playing Batman either. I thought he wouldn't make a very good Bruce either. I never questioned Keaton's acting though. I just didn't think he fit the part.

So, IMO, I would be stupid to dismiss the movie simply because it's BA playing the part. I am WAY more worried about leaving DC Universe in Zack Snyder’s hands to be honest. I think he is the BIGGER problem.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He's actually in a unique position, knowing what NOT to do when playing a superhero, because he himself acknowledges that Daredevil was a disaster. So there's that.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I would have rather of seen Joseph Gordon-Levitt (keeping in continuity with the previous 3 Nolan films), or Gerard Butler, or even (as it's been said already) Bruce Willis (which would kill any chance at a JL movie IMHO).

But, I'm all in with Batfleck...as long as he gets to direct it too!

Let's face it, Affleck knows his comics and I'll bet dollars to donuts he gives a **** about keeping things in the spirit of the characters. Let Snyder and Goyer write, but please let Ben direct and creatively collaborate.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I would have rather of seen Joseph Gordon-Levitt (keeping in continuity with the previous 3 Nolan films), or Gerard Butler, or even (as it's been said already) Bruce Willis (which would kill any chance at a JL movie IMHO).

But, I'm all in with Batfleck...as long as he gets to direct it too!

Let's face it, Affleck knows his comics and I'll bet dollars to donuts he gives a **** about keeping things in the spirit of the characters. Let Snyder and Goyer write, but please let Ben direct and creatively collaborate.

As great as it was, I am over the Nolan Bat Trilogy and want a clean break. Bruce Wayne is Batman. I'd rather reboot the franchise than try to take Nolan's more realistic vision into the world of aliens and worldwide destruction.