Dbacks vs Mets, The Death March Continues

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The game was a perfect snapshot of all that is wrong with this team... Starter couldn't go deep into the game. Lack of offense and an incredibly bad bullpen.
Man I feel bad for guys like Parra, Goldy and Corbin... They deserve so much better... The Mets... The freakin Mets!! Ouch...

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I can't believe I watched the whole thing. That's like 17 hours of my life I can never get back.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
They actually recorded not one, but TWO blown saves in this game! They now have 17 on the season... The Mets stranded 20 runners on base...and won!!
Honestly - aside from Goldy, Parra and Corbin (and Hill if he can stay healthy), there is little else that equates to a first place team...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They actually recorded not one, but TWO blown saves in this game! They now have 17 on the season... The Mets stranded 20 runners on base...and won!!
Honestly - aside from Goldy, Parra and Corbin (and Hill if he can stay healthy), there is little else that equates to a first place team...

The only solace is that, by the end of the road trip, they have 11 more home games than road games remaining on the schedule. They have been pretty solid at home and if they can maintain that, they will continue to masquerade as a playoff team for a while longer. Thanks to how atrocious the NL West has been up to this point, more than anything.

That said, I think either the Dodgers or Giants will get hot after the All Star break and run away with this division.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I watched the whole thing. That's like 17 hours of my life I can never get back.

I think one of the worst experiences as a baseball fan is when you watch one of these extra inning games and see your team go ahead in the top half of the inning only to blow it in the bottom of the inning. I'm sure the team takes it much harder than we do. Usually the team that loses one of these like this, tanks it the next day. Hope I'm wrong.

Can't believe this is still a first place team!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That said, I think either the Dodgers or Giants will get hot after the All Star break and run away with this division.

Look for the Dodgers to be big time spenders over the next month or so... Not so sure about the Giants, however I am 100% sure that LA will be very aggressive leading up to the trade deadline.
As for the Dbacks, there are rumors floating around about guys like Joba Chamberlain and Gallardo from the Brewers... As always it will come down to what they have to cough up in return... Names like Archie Bradley, Skaggs and Miley have been circulating.... I can't see them letting Bradley go, however, an argument can be made for a deal that would include Miley...
Still, the Dbacks need so much more than guys like Chamberlain and Gallardo offer... I honestly don't believe they can make enough moves this season that would make much, if any sort of difference at all... We won't win our division no matter what and therefore, the post season is out as any team from the West will need to win the division to get into the playoffs...

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bring Putz off the disabled list while throwing 2-4 mph slower. He's not that good throwing 87-92, especially with just 2 pitches.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe the Mets have had bad attendance all year. Or maybe the D backs are a bad draw to get fans there is no one there. Could also be the fact that is a Tuesday afternoon game who knows.

Reaction score
Maybe the Mets have had bad attendance all year. Or maybe the D backs are a bad draw to get fans there is no one there. Could also be the fact that is a Tuesday afternoon game who knows.

4pm here is 7pm there, so it's not an afternoon game. Lack of bats on both sides and rain are the most likely culprits.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Another pitching collapse and zero offense... Wow is this getting pathetic! 25 games in a row without a win from a starter! Has to be a record!!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And it won't be getting better anytime soon as they face Harvey tomorrow! Wouldn't be surprised to see Harvey toss a no-hitter tomorrow...

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Staring down a 5 game losing streak and 25 (?) straight games without a starting pitcher win. YIKES.

Last edited:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To quote Tangina from Poltergeist, the DBacks "... linger in a perpetual dreamstate, a nightmare from which they can not awake."

I just had to turn the game off. It was simply too awful to watch.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The front office called and they're giving me the day off from being a fan.
They said this was probably a good one for me to sit out since the Mets are starting a GOOD pitcher. Hard to imagine what that'll look like given the fact that our club only managed 4 runs against two of the crappiest starters in baseball. Maybe me sitting a day will help the team break out of this slump. I think they might just want to shake things up a little.

I might be available to come off the bench late in the game but that's highly unlikely. Either way I'll be back in the lineup on the 4th. Good luck!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
With both Parra and Goldy on the bench, we somehow knock out one of the best pitchers in all of MLB... Go figure...

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gibson is the dumbest manager. He still has not learned and he puts in Hernandez in the 8th and gives up a homer and now a double. Tying run at bat.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks get a much needed win. The bullpen never makes it easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn