Dbacks vs Mets, The Death March Continues

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Finally, a win by a starter! I know it's just the Mets, but Delgado sure looked good tonight...

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
2 and a half behind the DBacks. They have a 220 million+ salary compared the the DBacks 90 mil salary. They are the most under achieving teams in the league. They have underachieved for years. I will buy into the hype when they earn it.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I was pulling for Rod Barajas to beat out Nieves for backup catcher in Spring Training. Wil is hitting .383 and, on July 4th, has driven in our only two runs. And he has done a good job behind the plate.

Boy, was I wrong about Nieves! :shrug:

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Didn't Parra make that same dumb play earlier this year. That's 3 huge base running mistakes in one game. If you're gonna manufacture runs you can't do that!

Would have been nice to spot the Heath Bell Experience another run or 2.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just getting old.. 1 out away and gives up a HR.. I guess, I hope, we got even more extra innings now..

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
bad managing and use of pitchers by Gibson. Never should have pinch hit for Colmenter.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I was out of town all week, did Collmenter pitch the last couple of days?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Dbacks have had a crazy amount of road games over the past 45 days or so. And somehow, thru it all they are still in first place.
No rest for the weary as they pick it up tomorrow at home. They are a dead-tired team... They need to finish this home stretch and head into the break on a high note... However, they are exhausted... Gonna be tough.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The Dbacks have had a crazy amount of road games over the past 45 days or so. And somehow, thru it all they are still in first place.
No rest for the weary as they pick it up tomorrow at home. They are a dead-tired team... They need to finish this home stretch and head into the break on a high note... However, they are exhausted... Gonna be tough.
At least they can sleep in their own beds, in their own time zone. That's gotta help.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Just noticed the Dbacks have played the 2nd most road games in the NL (48). The Dodgers have only played 37... We really need to come on strong and take advantage of all the home games coming up!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You take a win any way you can, but this was nonetheless pitiful....

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You take a win any way you can, but this was nonetheless pitiful....
What do you do when the 7th, 8th and 9th inning pitchers, whom you thought were going to be like three closers in a row, are less than mediocre? Apparently our closers in the Minors are no help.

I am afraid that Gibby's style of not allowing the offense to have identities has now invaded our pitching staff.

The fact that we are holding on to 1st place (while having played the most road games) is attributed to the potential of our pitching staff rather than its management.

Yes, I don't think Gibby is a long-term solution. Everything he has done has been spur of the moment. You can't manage a 162 game season (plus post-season) that way for long without having it blow up in your face.

And now with the Dodgers getting it all together . . . look out.

Have you watched Gibby walking to the mound? He looks like a 90 year old walking to the mailbox. I wonder how he is relating to his players.

Last edited:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Have you watched Gibby walking to the mound? He looks like a 90 year old walking to the mailbox. I wonder how he is relating to his players.

I guess no one ever taught him that it is natural to swing your arms a bit when you walk....

:D