Dbacks vs. Giants Series Thread (04/27-04/29)

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barry Bonds and the Giants will be taking on the Dbacks at Chase Field for what promises to be a thrilling 3-game series.

Let's hope the Dbacks offense continues to rebound to avenge from last weekend's Giants sweep at AT&T Ball Park in San Francisco. Their offense was extremely anemic last weekend, but it seems the it is starting to click after some key adjustments. Melvin better continue to play both Montero and Clark.

Schedule/Probable Starters: (all in AZ time)

Friday: 04/27/07 6:40 p.m.

You must be registered for see images attach

DOUG DAVIS
1-2 3.27

vs.

BARRY ZITO
2-2 3.70

Last edited:

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
That's why I'm worried they'll get swept. For some reason they always have the Diamondbacks number, maybe Barroid Bonds is getting to the pitchers mentally or something. After they lost to freakin Russ "I'm way past my prime"Ortiz, I don't like our chances against Zito.

Still I'd love an upset sweep

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to the game Saturday night and sitting in the right field bleachers. C'mon souvenir!

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score

DOUG DAVIS
1-2 3.27

vs.

BARRY ZITO
2-2 3.70

Ha ha!! I love their pictures. Davis looks gay and Zito looks like one of those drug addictics you see on Cops.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Good game by Davis. It feels nice to beat the Giants, too bad I had to miss most of it. It's NBA playoff time! Valverde with his 9th save of the season. He may make the game more exciting than it should be in the end, but he is the league leader in saves so far.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Drew and Young are starting to hit, which hopefully mean more runs for this team. Papa Grande leads the majors with nine save, although some have been nail biters. By the way, Mariano Rivera could not even finish the 9th inning last night, he had to be replaced.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Why is Edgar Gonzalez starting? I thought Micah Owings took the last rotation spot???

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
What is Melvin trying to prove letting Gonzalez pitch to Bonds with first open?

What an idiot.

arizona_andy

Reaction score
I wish we would get some runs off of Cain for once, to me it is really amazing that he's so highly touted. This guy seems very erratic and rarely gets punished when he makes a mistake. Looks like Dontrelle Willis 2.0, all hype and luckier than a four leaf clover.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Whoa! The Diamondbacks won! They were losing 4-0 in the 4th when I went to that tv links website to watch TMNT and they end up coming back and winning 5-4. I think it was Scott Hairston's 3-run homer in the 7th that put us ahead right? Then it was the same old stuff with Valverde as he got his 10th save of the season. 1/2 game behind the Dodgers for the division. Winning the series feels nice after the Giants swept us last weekend.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Fat Potato sucks. That guy is the luckiest closer I've ever seen.

Every night someone hits him HARD.

Nasser22

Reaction score
His 2nd pitch is the splitter right? w/e it's called it didn't look good tonight. If only he had a reliable 2nd pitch...we are going to have a lot of close games so we need him. The bullpen was really good tonight.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Micah actually made a rehab start earlier tonight. 5 scoreless innings, striking out 7, walking 1 and giving up 4 hits. His pitch count was limited according to the website. He is eligible to come off the DL on the 3rd. I think he may be starting for the D-Backs on Thursday and Gonzalez will be in the bullpen since he is out of options.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been watching the Suns game but I heard CoJack was hurt sliding head first into home and hurt his hand. Don't these players know to never slide head first into home? If he broke a finger or hand, he could be out for awhile.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks up 5-4 top of the 9th. No Papa Grande today so Lyon is going for the save.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lyon does what Valerde does, makes it too close for comfort but the Diamondbacks get the win and the sweep!
You must be registered for see images

Nasser22

Reaction score
That was scary. Bases were loaded against Lyon with only one out, but he pitched out of it somehow for his first save as Valverde got a well-deserved rest. Big mistake for San Fran was leaving Morris in too long, that gave us the lead and the sweep. Winning streak is at 5 games and if the Pads can score a run here against the Dodgers, we will be in first place. 15-11!

Nasser22

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, that was a nice start by Randy Johnson. Only 2 earned runs in 6 innings with 5 K's. He gave up 7 hits and a walk, but he's almost where we need him to be.

Dodgers and Padres going to the 15th inning.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson