Daredevil (Netflix)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Bullseye is a great villain for DD...I hope whoever they cast does as good a job as the rest of the cast did in season 1.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Statham as Bullseye would be pretty damn epic.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jon Bernthal Cast As Punisher In Daredevil Season 2

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/08/jon-bernthal-cast-as-punisher-in-daredevil-season-2/

For his next comic book television show, actor Jon Bernthal will find himself doling out some punishment.

You must be registered for see images attach

That’s because Marvel Studios and Netflix have cast Bernthal as The Punisher for Daredevil’s second season. Bernthal, who famously played Shane on AMC’s The Walking Dead, will bring Frank Castle to life when Netflix’s hit Marvel series returns in 2016. When last viewers last saw Bernthal in The Walking Dead, he took a bullet from Carl Grimes after turning into a Walker. Looks like its time for some hard-earned payback for Bernthal. With announcement, Marvel also unveiled Daredevil's Season 2 Logo.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet. I hope that is not the only crossover character but I think it's a solid casting choice as well. I am still shocked at how solid the series turned out to be.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sweet. I hope that is not the only crossover character but I think it's a solid casting choice as well. I am still shocked at how solid the series turned out to be.

So am I. It had a slow start but finished great!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elodie Yung cast as Elektra in Netflix's 'Daredevil' series

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...elektra-netflix-daredevil-20150707-story.html

French actress Elodie Yung has joined the "Daredevil" cast as the sai-wielding assassin Elektra for the second season of the Netflix series.

Marvel's announcement describes her as "a mysterious woman from Matt Murdock's past whose dangerous and exotic ways may be more than he can handle."

In the comics, Elektra is the daughter of a Greek ambassador and met Murdock while they were in college. The pair were in a relationship until her father was killed and she became disillusioned with the law.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Awesome, hope they write the TV character as close to her comic counterpart as possible. With as well done as season 1 was I have high hopes that will be the case.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they don't screw up Elektra. I am pretty confident though. They are nailing the show so far. Can't wait. March seems so far away.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I hope they don't screw up Elektra. I am pretty confident though. They are nailing the show so far. Can't wait. March seems so far away.

Yeah they are. The only reason I give it an edge over Jessica Jones--which is a marvelous Marvel show--is how perfectly VD nailed Kingpin.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah they are. The only reason I give it an edge over Jessica Jones--which is a marvelous Marvel show--is how perfectly VD nailed Kingpin.

I just finished Jessica Jones last week, and I have to say I do like Daredevil better. Both shows have terrific villains, IMO the 2 best villains in the Marvel Universe (with Loki coming in a very close 3rd).

Jessica Jones was a solid show, no question, I just thought it was much more hopeless than Daredevil. Jessica didn't want to be a hero most of the time--she didn't care about cleaning up the city or neighborhood, which is great for her character, but when comparing the two shows, I liked Daredevil's attempts to help the city. You don't see that in Jessica Jones.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished Jessica Jones last week, and I have to say I do like Daredevil better. Both shows have terrific villains, IMO the 2 best villains in the Marvel Universe (with Loki coming in a very close 3rd).

Jessica Jones was a solid show, no question, I just thought it was much more hopeless than Daredevil. Jessica didn't want to be a hero most of the time--she didn't care about cleaning up the city or neighborhood, which is great for her character, but when comparing the two shows, I liked Daredevil's attempts to help the city. You don't see that in Jessica Jones.

I also felt like JJ was a solid 8 episode show, stretched out over 13 episodes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I also felt like JJ was a solid 8 episode show, stretched out over 13 episodes.

Yeah, I can definitely agree with that. It definitely could have used some tighter editing. But the acting was uniformly good except for one guy. I'm guessing you'll know who I'm talking about.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Ooh, wow, adding Loki in there to the mix makes it a tough call. I'd put Kingpin above Loki, but Loki above the Purple Man, though. Both Loki and Kingpin have, in the movies and the Netflix show, shown a greater depth as humans (or other beings, in the case of Loki) than did the Purple Man, IMO. Which isn't a knock on JJ or Killgrave, not in the least.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

She had other expectation then hit rock bottom. It's what I liked about the show. She had the entire world in front of her with powers most would dream of. Things were supposed to turn out different. It's what I loved about it.

It's so hard to judge all the bad guys though. I loved Kingpin but at the end of the day he was a little one dimensional for me. It it wasn't for Vincent D'Onofrio I probably would have liked the character less. He just nailed it though. Killgrave might just be the creepiest villain portrayed to date. Loki...well damn Loki has just been a great character. I love them all for different reasons.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can definitely agree with that. It definitely could have used some tighter editing. But the acting was uniformly good except for one guy. I'm guessing you'll know who I'm talking about.

not really. who ya thinking?

and I put Kinpin at the top, but Loki's great too. Wasn't impressed with Killgrave all that much, to be honest.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I've been binge watching and will end the seaon tonight...solid show 8.5/10.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard