Daredevil (Netflix)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marvel Studio's Daredevil Netflix Series Being Made To Be Binge-Friendly

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...x-Series-Being-Made-Binge-Friendly-64005.html

You must be registered for see images

Quesada spoke on many topics during the interview, but perhaps the most interesting was the way in which he described how Marvel and showrunner Drew Goddard are looking at the program as a whole. They have been very mindful of the fact that many fans are going to want to binge watch all 13 episodes of Daredevil in one sitting, and the way the episodes are structured feeds into that. Said the CCO,

"One of the advantages is really from the planning stage -- obviously it's much easier to work with a smaller number of episodes than it is with a larger number of episodes. We can sit there and look at 13 episodes and plan it out as a very large movie. It makes seeing the bigger picture a little bit easier. You can't deny that there will be binge-viewing. You know that there are going to be some Marvel fans that when this show premieres, they are going to go on to Netflix, and they are going to sit there for 12 to 13-plus hours, and watch the entire thing all the way through... Even the way that you parse out information and reveals within the show can be different than you would on weekly TV. With weekly TV, you sit there and go, "The audience may not want to wait two or three weeks to get this particular bit of information." Whereas with Netflix, we might be able to hold onto a particular piece of information, because they may just watch it two hours later."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Goddard Has Dropped Out Of Directing Daredevil

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/05...ject-1449838?lt_source=external,manual#!Q41lK

It has been confirmed by Marvel that Drew Goddard of The Cabin In The Woods fame has left the Daredevil reboot which is being developed as a 13-episode series for Netflix.

The writer/director also known for writing the 2008 found footage sci-fi/horror Cloverfield had been attached to write, produce and showrun the project since November last year.

Since then though Goddard has also signed on to write and direct The Sinister Six. Though it hasn't been explicitly confirmed that the Sony Pictures/Marvel Entertainment project is the reason for his departure, it is highly likely.

THR reports that Buffy The Vampire Slayer writer Steven S. DeKnight will be taking over as showrunner for the project. Goddard will continue as an Executive Producer and a consultant after writing the first two episodes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's another bummer for the Marvel Machine after the Ant-Man news. Goddard was a really interesting get for a TV Series.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I like the choice for replacement, but I wish another Whedon alum had gotten Daredevil. Tim Minear did X-Files, Angel, Firefly, and American Horror Story (among others). I think he would be awesome for nailing a darker tone for Daredevil.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daredevil Has Found Its Ruthless Villain Kingpin In Vincent D'Onofrio

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...ss-Villain-Kingpin-Vincent-Onofrio-64604.html

Every hero needs his nemesis, and just two weeks after Marvel’s upcoming Daredevil series found its horned cowl hero in Boardwalk Empire’s Charlie Cox, the Netflix original series has landed what will presumably be its big baddie. TV and movie veteran Vincent D’Onofrio (Law & Order: Criminal Content) has signed on to bust some skulls as criminal mastermind Wilson Fisk, better known to the world as Kingpin.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NYCC: Marvel's Daredevil Reveals the First Stills! Check out the Costume and Meet the New Cast!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/nycomicconnews.php?id=123935#/slide/4#ixzz3FtWRxf5I

It's here! Marvel and Netflix have just debuted the very first look at their upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe series, "Marvel's Daredevil"! The images, which you can check out below, are directly inspired by John Romita Jr.'s illustrations, famously featured in the Frank Miller miniseries "Daredevil: The Man Without Fear" (the original is also in the gallery below). It's been noted that this is just the first costume, so it's probably a safe bet that we'll be seeing the more familiar red (and maybe even yellow) costumes as the series progresses!

Also announced at the New York Comic Con panel are new cast members Bob Gunton as Leland Owlsely (better known as The Owl), Vondie Curtis Hall as reporter Ben Urich, Toby Leonard Moore as Wesley, Wilson's Fisk's right hand man (a minor character from Miller's earlier arc) and Ayelet Zurer as Vanessa, the woman who, in the comics, goes on to become Vanessa Fisk. They've also revealed that Rosario Dawson will be playing none other than Claire Temple, Marvel's Night Nurse!

Also starring Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock), Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Elden Henson (Foggy Nelson), and Vincent D'Onofrio (Wilson Fisk), "Marvel's Daredevil" follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw those today. Definitely looks like they are going to take a semi-Smallville/Arrow path to not making him the full blown hero right away. Looking forward to this. "Sometime" in 2015 seems a long way off though.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Probably my favorite hero back when I collected comics as a kid. I look forward to the series and hope it doesn't disappoint. I am specifically keeping Netflix for these Marvel shows.

I like the poster too.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is getting off the charts reviews. I'm excited.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched the first 4 1/2 episodes as it was made available at midnight AZ time. It's really good. The fight choreography is awesome, I'd say it's on par or better than Captain America: Winter Soldier, which had some of the best fight scenes in any comic book adaptation. Definitely excited to see how things play out. At first I was interested as a geek but now I'm sold on the story being told.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first two episodes were pretty damn badass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA