Daredevil (Netflix)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damnit... I'm gonna end up bingeing this whole thing this weekend.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just gets better and darker and better and darker!

Get the saw... Jeebus!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Hearing what kind of guns the guards have equipped without them using it and just standing there.
It is just way over the top, I mean Daredevil is kinda lame to begin with but I can still buy the hearing heartbeats, breath, smelling perfume from far away and hearing the air and anticipating in fights but ...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Love this show but they are changing Kingpin's character quite a bit. He seems sort of like a mental case when in the comic he was completely the opposite...he was sort of a cross between Capone and Lex Luther in the comic, super smart, super organized...the ONLY sign of weakness he had was for Vanessa.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I binged watch the season this weekend, I am really happy with how they handled all the characters. DD was probably my favorite character since I was a kid and this fan is thrilled. it is going to be interesting next season if they introduce his arch enemy Bullseye or not and will the Hand be a part of the series?

Did anyone catch the reference to Elektra? In the college flashback Foggy asked about the Greek girl he used to date. She is a much cooler character than the movie had her be and I have faith these guys can get it right.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this show but they are changing Kingpin's character quite a bit. He seems sort of like a mental case when in the comic he was completely the opposite...he was sort of a cross between Capone and Lex Luther in the comic, super smart, super organized...the ONLY sign of weakness he had was for Vanessa.

I feel like that as much of a Daredevil origin story, the same wa true of the Kingpin. Both of them grew into what they ultimately will be moving forward.

I thought the finale was a TAD weaker then the rest of the season, but still it was an awesome first season.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daredevil Renewed For Season 2

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Daredevil-Renewed-Season-2-Get-Specifics-71443.html

It's official, Daredevil fans! Netflix just confirmed that the Marvel series will be back for a second season. Daredevil Season 2 will premiere in 2016 and two new showrunners have been set.

Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez will serve as showrunners for the drama's second season. The two worked closely with Steven DeKnight and Drew Goddard on Season 1. Ramirez, Petrie, Drew Goddard and Jeph Loeb will serve as executive producers.

DeKnight Tweeted that he won't be returning for Season 2 due to a "previous commitment in the feature world."

https://twitter.com/Daredevil/status/590667240548208641

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blind People Can Enjoy Daredevil Now Thanks To Netflix

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...hanks-Netflix-71326.html#sthash.ZcB6A4I3.dpuf

Superhero fans come in all shapes and sizes and stations of life, and it should come as a surprise to no one that the blinded-as-a-boy Marvel hero Daredevil has amassed a sizable group of blind fans over the years. And so, when Netflix first announced that it was bringing a Daredevil series to subscribers, conversations turned to whether or not the show would be accessible to blind audiences. And while that wasn’t the case when the series debuted, Netflix has announced all 13 episodes now have that option.

To access the new addition, which is currently only available for Daredevil, users just have to click on the language options menu and choose “English – Audio Description.” From there, you’ll hear a man describing the actions as they’re happening on screen in between pieces of dialogue. The narrator kind of sounds like someone who would get a lot of superhero voiceover work, so it fits nicely.

I’d admittedly never watched something on this scope with an audio description option, so it was interesting to hear just how many things were being described, from the weather to the set decoration to the actors’ facial expressions. Things do get a little muddled during the show’s stellar fight scenes, as the music and sound effects tend to drown the narration out. But this is still the service’s first attempt at it, and while it could be better, it’s still a great step forward. And it definitely won’t be the last one.

:thumbup: :cool:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far so good. I am only on episode 3 but I am pretty happy so far. Much darker than I anticipated but that is not necessarily a bad thing. I won't get into the ridiculous claims above that it's over the top. It's a freaking comic book hero.

Anyway...can't wait to watch the rest.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I disagree, the Comic series that do well as a regular tv series are those that tone down the super unrealistic comic book stuff and comedy elements and instead drifts towards a darker and more realistic atmosphere.

What is particularly irritating about Daredevil though is that his blindness makes no difference to the show at all. He might just as well be able to see it has absolutely no impact.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Just binge watched this, and absolutely loved it. They hit it out of the park. VD as Kingpin...wow, just wow. Yeah, it dragged a little bit in the final third of the season with the emo 'we're all getting torn apart' stuff. I mean, I like the emotional edge, but it went for too long IMO. Still, not nearly enough to derail the show. Great use of flashbacks to build the characters.

My only fear for season 2 is Goddard is gone. You could see his influence all over this show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just binge watched this, and absolutely loved it. They hit it out of the park. VD as Kingpin...wow, just wow. Yeah, it dragged a little bit in the final third of the season with the emo 'we're all getting torn apart' stuff. I mean, I like the emotional edge, but it went for too long IMO. Still, not nearly enough to derail the show. Great use of flashbacks to build the characters.

My only fear for season 2 is Goddard is gone. You could see his influence all over this show.

Goddard set the tone with the pilot, but was adios after episode 2. Steven DeKnight took over all showrunning duties at that point and steered the ship for the overwhelming majority of the season, but now he's Steven gonzo for Season 2 also.

Stout

Reaction score
Goddard set the tone with the pilot, but was adios after episode 2. Steven DeKnight took over all showrunning duties at that point and steered the ship for the overwhelming majority of the season, but now he's Steven gonzo for Season 2 also.

Yeah. It's a bit of a worry for season 2, but by no means a reason not to watch. Unless it turns to crap.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. It's a bit of a worry for season 2, but by no means a reason not to watch. Unless it turns to crap.

agreed. first season was pretty damn awesome... it's still Marvel calling the shots and they did well enough in replacing Goddard, that I trust them to do the same with Deknight.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just finished. This was freaking awesome. Also, Goddard and DeKnight have worked together for a long time and proved they have similar "voiced" working in the Whedon camp.

I am pretty confident that DeKnight can keep the same tone and voice of the show.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't want to read the thread yet, but the Mrs and I loved the pilot this weekend. I thought the picture quality was poor but we were at a friends house-sitting. Will give it a shot on my setup and check back in when I've watched the rest of the season.

Stout

Reaction score
Just finished. This was freaking awesome. Also, Goddard and DeKnight have worked together for a long time and proved they have similar "voiced" working in the Whedon camp.

I am pretty confident that DeKnight can keep the same tone and voice of the show.

Have you read the thread at all? :) DeKnight's out too.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have seen the first 2 so far. Not bad. Does it get even better?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you read the thread at all? :) DeKnight's out too.

DOH! No...I missed that last part that he was out too. WTH?!? Hope they find a worthy replacement. What the heck!?!!?!?

Although Petrie is another Whedon camp guy and Marco Ramirez wrote for Sons of Anarchy. Still think they should be OK.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daredevil May Have Found Its Bullseye

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-daredevil-may-have-found-its-bullseye

According to a trusted source at Marvel's new TV production offices, Jason Statham - star of The Transporter film franchise, this year's Furious 7, and this summer's action comedy Spy - is being pursued to play Bullseye in season 2 of Marvel's Daredevil Netflix series. It is not yet confirmed as reps would not give me a call back.

This isn't Statham's first dance with Daredevil. Just before the rights for the character reverted back to Marvel, he was said to be in talks to appear in a cinematic reboot that 20th Century Fox was trying to get off the ground.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be pretty cool but I am sure they would have to pay him big. It's not like he needs it. He is constantly working in film. Also, it would make me nervous for him to sign on to Season 2 and never return for the part.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard