Dan Quinn

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Thats not horrible... but I might prefer Frank Reich in the top slot.
out of all the candidates he seems to be the guy who did more with less, and showed the resilience to adjust on the fly when he got kicked in the face.
This is what I was thinking. Reich had Brisset, Wentz, Rivers, Ryan, Foles and Ehlinger after Luck retired and still had a winning record.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok with Quinn but the OC needs to have some cred, and be able to get through to KM and not coddle the kid.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Ok with Quinn but the OC needs to have some cred, and be able to get through to KM and not coddle the kid.
ya know... I believe in hard nosed football,..coach them hard, all that.
but honestly, I dont care if they have to hire an entourage to follow kyler around, throw rose petals before his every step and fan him with palm fronds to protect his delicate skin from the arizona sun.
if thats what it takes to get 40 TD passes, 5000 yards and consistent 14-3 type seasons... do it. coddle, pander, felate, whatever... but somebody has to figure out what it takes and either make it happen or draft his replacement.
rookie contract... still would have 48mil invested in the qb position, just 42 of it would be the backup, lol. Rather kyler is starting, or backing up a rookie matters not to me.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he can’t then I don’t know who can really. The assumption is that VJ and Bill Davis can’t put them into a consistent position to excel. I would hope Quinn can turn Simmons or Collins into our version of Micah Parsons.
I wonder if he can do that as headcoach instead of defensive coordinator. Very different jobs. Falcons fans insist that he wasn't super hands on with the defense when he was head coach there, but I don't know how accurate that is. I do know that his Falcons defenses weren't great.

"Just how bad has the Falcons defense been since Quinn took over in 2015? Pro Football Focus ranked the Falcons defense 21st in 2019, 25th in 2018, 5th in 2017, 15th in 2016, and 22nd in 2015. So, in short, they’ve been mediocre at best."

Maybe Atlanta just didn't have good players on defense or a good GM.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
So if we hire a defensive head coach what do we do with VJ? He was extended too and we were next to the last in defense. Do we stick with him or Michael just writes another check?

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So if we hire a defensive head coach what do we do with VJ? He was extended too and we were next to the last in defense. Do we stick with him or Michael just writes another check?

Uh I’d say Michael writes a check unless he gets hired on somewhere else. I don’t think Mike is messing around. This is a complete overhaul.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ya know... I believe in hard nosed football,..coach them hard, all that.
but honestly, I dont care if they have to hire an entourage to follow kyler around, throw rose petals before his every step and fan him with palm fronds to protect his delicate skin from the arizona sun.
if thats what it takes to get 40 TD passes, 5000 yards and consistent 14-3 type seasons... do it. coddle, pander, felate, whatever... but somebody has to figure out what it takes and either make it happen or draft his replacement.
rookie contract... still would have 48mil invested in the qb position, just 42 of it would be the backup, lol. Rather kyler is starting, or backing up a rookie matters not to me.
Disagree, the new staff Needs to coach him hard and not put him on a pedestal compared to other players, that will eventually will lead to a divided locker room etc…. Monty said no egos and that goes for Kyler. He is the sole player that needs to reprove himself to alot of people. The days of KK sniffing his jock are over for me.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree, the new staff Needs to coach him hard and not put him on a pedestal compared to other players, that will eventually will lead to a divided locker room etc…. Monty said no egos and that goes for Kyler. He is the sole player that needs to reprove himself to alot of people. The days of KK sniffing his jock are over for me.
KYLER is the guy that needs to step up and lead. He should be the last guy in that locker room to expect special treatment.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KYLER is the guy that needs to step up and lead. He should be the last guy in that locker room to expect special treatment.
That is true, Kyler has a lot to prove not only to himself but to the team as a whole. I hope he comes back humbled and looking to be a real leader on this team. I dont think him and KK got along at the end and KM is looking for that fresh start with new staff

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is true, Kyler has a lot to prove not only to himself but to the team as a whole. I hope he comes back humbled and looking to be a real leader on this team. I dont think him and KK got along at the end and KM is looking for that fresh start with new staff
I’m sure he’s just beaming inside knowing he has to likely learn an entirely new playbook. Lol

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep new everything so it’s all on him to show what hes got and what he can become. First real crossroads in his career

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Like I said, he is at a cross roads. Can’t “blame” KK anymore

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose