Dan Quinn

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
You're probably correct on that with the interviews that have actually happened at Cards headquarters. It's moving in that direction and the #3 pick will likely be Carter or Anderson.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Question is who would Flores bring in as OC? Bienemy? I'd take that combo in a heartbeat. Who would Reich bring in as DC? Who would Quinn bring in as OC? I'd like to know all of this before I rank those 3 after Payton personally.

At this point in his career, Bienemy is certainly not considering a lateral move.

And whether the H-C has an offensive or defensive background, he has to find a competent O-C and D-C to actually do the all-important job of either moving the ball or stopping the opposition. The H-C job is not doing the O-C's or the DC's job, it's supervising.

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
I believe Quinn would be an excellent choice for the head coach, mainly because of his history as an DC and an experienced head coach. The game program he developed in Dallas, especially the schemes he did with Parsons, which could possibly help Simmons becoming the player that we thought he would be. I believe that the OL can be built in free agency, signing C Evan Brown and G Nate Davis; and develop the defense in the up coming draft. I do not want Payton if we have to give up the draft capital that NO will demand. A great beginning would be Anderson in the 1st Ika in the 2nd and Clark Philips and Gervon Dexter in the 3rd.
4th and 5th pick an OL and a CB.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
At this point in his career, Bienemy is certainly not considering a lateral move.

And whether the H-C has an offensive or defensive background, he has to find a competent O-C and D-C to actually do the all-important job of either moving the ball or stopping the opposition. The H-C job is not doing the O-C's or the DC's job, it's supervising.
At this point in his career, if he truly wants to be a HC, Bienemy may need to take a lateral position for 2 years, to prove it hasn't just been Andy creating his success.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are loads of strong OC candidates out there.

Brian Johnson, Marcus Brady and Kevin Patullo of the Eagles. Matt Nagy from the Chiefs. Joe Brady of the Bills. Thomas Brown and Zac Robinson from the Rams. Boddy Slowik from the Niners. Dan Pitcher from the Bengals. Former Jets OC Mike LeFleur. Frank Reich is he doesn't get a job. Ronald Curry at the Saints. Chad O'Shea at the Browns. Jim Caldwell. Duce Staley from the Lions. And a dozen more guys pegged as future OC's plus probably a dozen college guys like Bobby Hartline and Ryan Day.

All the hot offensive guys like Steichen and Ben Johnson in this cycle were position coaches like these guys 2-3 years ago.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly. Hiring a guy like Quinn, Flores or Payton with each having a history and pedigree will undoubtedly attracted a potentially better staff.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Shanny was the only reason Quinn ever had success in Atlanta.

That being said someone needs to hire Quinn as their headcoach just to screw with the Cowboys. Quinn is way too good at being a defensive coordinator, it's absolutely absurd. First he made Muschamp look like a good college headcoach at Florida, then Legion of Boom, and now he's making McCarthy look competent again. It's just not fair for other teams to let him be a DC.

Now that I think about it, who we have at headcoach will matter a lot less if we are able to get some recently fired headcoaches to become coordinators for us.
Could he unlock Simmons and Collins?
If he can’t then I don’t know who can really. The assumption is that VJ and Bill Davis can’t put them into a consistent position to excel. I would hope Quinn can turn Simmons or Collins into our version of Micah Parsons.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There are loads of strong OC candidates out there.

Brian Johnson, Marcus Brady and Kevin Patullo of the Eagles. Matt Nagy from the Chiefs. Joe Brady of the Bills. Thomas Brown and Zac Robinson from the Rams. Boddy Slowik from the Niners. Dan Pitcher from the Bengals. Former Jets OC Mike LeFleur. Frank Reich is he doesn't get a job. Ronald Curry at the Saints. Chad O'Shea at the Browns. Jim Caldwell. Duce Staley from the Lions. And a dozen more guys pegged as future OC's plus probably a dozen college guys like Bobby Hartline and Ryan Day.

All the hot offensive guys like Steichen and Ben Johnson in this cycle were position coaches like these guys 2-3 years ago.
Staley would be a good get. Loved Duce as a player...he has enough field cred to hold the respect of the players. Detroit has really improved,

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's crazy to think how many NFC Championships Shanny has already coached in at his age.

I'm not on the Quinn train personally unless he drafted all of Dallas's DL and edge rush talent. He didn't draft them in Seattle either.

I'm more inclined with hiring an offensive mind like we did with Kliff. The theory then should be the same as it is now since the logic was sound. We just picked the wrong person.

You hire the offensive guru because then you can't lose him to the next team that makes him their coach. Shanny, McVay, LaFleur, Taylor, Andy Reid and many others seem to bear this out.

It makes no sense to me to snap wildly in the opposite direction. Especially when you have a mercurial enigma at QB like w

Quinn is in demand. In the event the Cards decide he is the guy, a private jet flex isnt the worst thing
IF he's the guy, he won't be leaving without a contract....and SP may be saving a trip....sit tight!!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
At this point in his career, if he truly wants to be a HC, Bienemy may need to take a lateral position for 2 years, to prove it hasn't just been Andy creating his success.
Yeah, it is clear from this picture that Reid is holding the full Waffle House menu while Bienemy has the Kid's menu.

Attachments

• andy.jpg
    andy.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 5

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Quinn is in demand. In the event the Cards decide he is the guy, a private jet flex isnt the worst thing

Too bad Bidwill got wise and made his plane untrackable on sites like flightaware, it's how I knew he was in Norman, OK prior to the Kyler draft. Now it says "This aircraft (N1AZ) is not available for public tracking per request from the owner/operator."

He has the 2 jets that I know of, the larger team plane and the smaller private jet...the larger one is trackable (currently sitting at Pinal Airpark) but I am betting with the cost of fuel and upkeep he only uses that for team events.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Idk if the article is true or not but I read one yesterday saying this will be the last year in KC for Bienemy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose