Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
EXCELLENT book. I thought the ending was a bit anti-climactic, but Brown did a good job delivering the rapid realizations that Langdon came to. The historical research that was put into this book was phenomenal. Funny thing is that this book actually conceptualizes what I have long felt about Christianity. I never had proof or did any research on it, but I knew Christianity was corrupt and is a fabrication for many of the same reasons that Brown actually proved in his book.

I plan on watching this movie now and then I'll read Angels and Demons. I also plan on reading some of the myriad books that were written to debunk The Da Vinci Code. Very interesting subject....

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not real. Brown didn't prove anything in his book.

But it's good...I've read half of it.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Yes it was a very good book and it was interesting reading about Christianity that wasy but I don't think he really proved anything like D-Dogg said. The movie is a dissapointment after reading the book....

I plan on reading Angels and Demons too.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I thought it was a very fun, interesting book to read. I liked the movie too, but of course it wasn’t as good as the book. Perhaps if they had made a mini-series they would have had time to cover all of the detail of the book.

I’ll probably read Angels and Demons also. There’s a movie currently in the works for this one too.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Isn't Mark Brown the creator of Arther(sp?) the little kids cartoon on PBS? Or am I wrong...? You got kids?

Last edited:

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
'Angels and Demons' for me was a much better book. I read it right after reading DVC and think it would be a better movie than DVC.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what was a guilty-pleasure read? Dan Brown's "Deception Point." Nothing to do with religion or anything. Some gov't officials perpetuate a NASA scam on the public. Read it in just a couple of days ... for a couple of reasons: A) I really enjoyed it, but moreover, B) it was a really easy read.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm now reading the rest of this book...really took me a while to pick it back up.

I actually am interested in Angels and Demons and wish I read it first, since this is the the same character (I didn't know that).

His next book is supposed to be about the freemasons (and sounds really good).

I think his name is really Devon Brown.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I preferred Angels & Demons as well. But Deception Point was my favorite of all Dan Brown's books. He is not a great writer, but his books are really quick to read.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard