D-Backs and Pirates Series Thread

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The DBacks' hate is really out of hand. Saw this shirt for sale on the internet.

Attachments

• douche bags.jpg
    douche bags.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 59

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Andrew McCutchen to the DL, strained his oblique. Tough to say if the beaning did or did not factor into the injury, but its not out of the question. A 94 mph fast ball to the area would certainly leave a nasty bruise, if the bruise went all the way into the muscles then he could strain and tear them easier.

Either way, I'm sure the Pirates and their fans are playing connect the dots, I'd anticipate some serious retribution next season, especially if they miss the playoffs.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Didn't have time to read the 11-page thread, but I'm pretty sure you guys aren't defending the D-bags (backs--sorry, that shirt was too funny) very hard. I'm a lifelong Buccos fan, so suffice to say, they're my new hated team. I'll still despise the Yankees and Brewers more, but welcome to the club, Zona.

Gutless, simply gutless. First of all, the pitch to Goldschmidt (sp?) was simply an inside pitch, which he partially turned into. Even he admitted it was an accident. But okay, you want to plunk a batter because of it? Fine. Go out there in the first inning and smack someone in the shoulder with a curve ball. Nah. Let's not do it unless we know the game's out of reach, then throw an extremely dangerous high heater--a pitch that may very well have helped put him on the DL. Douche-bag move to the extreme. Gutless.

Then let's cheat to win another game. I mean, I guess it's hard to blame them, because they cheating was rewarded. Best line about that throw breakup I heard: "They say it's a natural move, that players do it all the time. They absolutely do, but it didn't look natural for him. He was already pretty low, and it looked like he knew the answer and wanted the teacher to call on him first."

So, yeah, pretty much hate the D-bags now. But I love the board--this isn't directed at yinz :)

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Pirates have hit 20% more batters than any other team in the league. That's indicative of a team pitching philosophy that the other 29 teams consider too dangerous. For a Pirates pitcher hitting a batter by accident is equivalent to hitting a pedestrian on a sidewalk. You don't hit him if your not driving down the sidewalk.

Without the threat of retaliation it would be open season on batters. The threat of retaliation is why 29 other teams aren't driving down the sidewalk like the Pirates.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andrew McCutchen to the DL, strained his oblique. Tough to say if the beaning did or did not factor into the injury, but its not out of the question. A 94 mph fast ball to the area would certainly leave a nasty bruise, if the bruise went all the way into the muscles then he could strain and tear them easier.

Either way, I'm sure the Pirates and their fans are playing connect the dots, I'd anticipate some serious retribution next season, especially if they miss the playoffs.

So in the last two years they have ended the seasons of two of our stars, but they still want retribution?

Get a grip.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't have time to read the 11-page thread, but I'm pretty sure you guys aren't defending the D-bags (backs--sorry, that shirt was too funny) very hard. I'm a lifelong Buccos fan, so suffice to say, they're my new hated team. I'll still despise the Yankees and Brewers more, but welcome to the club, Zona.

Gutless, simply gutless. First of all, the pitch to Goldschmidt (sp?) was simply an inside pitch, which he partially turned into. Even he admitted it was an accident. But okay, you want to plunk a batter because of it? Fine. Go out there in the first inning and smack someone in the shoulder with a curve ball. Nah. Let's not do it unless we know the game's out of reach, then throw an extremely dangerous high heater--a pitch that may very well have helped put him on the DL. Douche-bag move to the extreme. Gutless.

Then let's cheat to win another game. I mean, I guess it's hard to blame them, because they cheating was rewarded. Best line about that throw breakup I heard: "They say it's a natural move, that players do it all the time. They absolutely do, but it didn't look natural for him. He was already pretty low, and it looked like he knew the answer and wanted the teacher to call on him first."

So, yeah, pretty much hate the D-bags now. But I love the board--this isn't directed at yinz :)

The Pirates are the most classless team in the league - pretty rich complaining about the Diamondbacks. -= shows how myopic you are.

The Pirates are dirty, dirty, pitchers that plunk guys every few games - they deserve to get their players plunked back.

And you are skipping 82's post where he shows the Pirates doing the exact same thing two weeks ago.

Clueless Pirate fans.:(

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pirates have hit 20% more batters than any other team in the league. That's indicative of a team pitching philosophy that the other 29 teams consider too dangerous. For a Pirates pitcher hitting a batter by accident is equivalent to hitting a pedestrian on a sidewalk. You don't hit him if your not driving down the sidewalk.

Without the threat of retaliation it would be open season on batters. The threat of retaliation is why 29 other teams aren't driving down the sidewalk like the Pirates.

Yup

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I am not sure anyone outside of AZ would say Aaron Hill is a star. Sorry.

WTH does that have anything to do with this Mulli?? With all due respect sir, your posts in this thread clearly indicate that you might have out-kicked your coverage here buddy... ;)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTH does that have anything to do with this Mulli?? With all due respect sir, your posts in this thread clearly indicate that you might have out-kicked your coverage here buddy... ;)

Dback Jon called him a star?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Dback Jon called him a star?

His average season is 19 HR's, 80 RBI, .271 batting average and a .756 OPS.
That easily places him at the top of the 2nd baseman rankings. "Star"? That seems pretty subjective and frankly, is completely pointless to debate.
The facts are there... if you choose not to take the lazy, biased path as most of the media chooses to do... :thumbup:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure anyone outside of AZ would say Aaron Hill is a star. Sorry.

He made an All-Star Game, one of our better hitters 26 HR and 85 RBI in 2012, was on his way to repeating that in 2013.

So yes, Star. I not sure why you are so bitter at the Dbacks, maybe because we actually have won a WS this century.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
His average season is 19 HR's, 80 RBI, .271 batting average and a .756 OPS.
That easily places him at the top of the 2nd baseman rankings. "Star"? That seems pretty subjective and frankly, is completely pointless to debate.
The facts are there... if you choose not to take the lazy, biased path as most of the media chooses to do... :thumbup:

He was star two years ago. Not so sure he will ever get back to that level. Not a star.

I think I agree that people are overreacting against the Dsnacks, but I just wish the two strongest supporters of every move Towers has ever made, weren't the strongest defenders of the team here.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He made the All-Star Game, one of our better hitters 26 HR and 85 RBI in 2012, was on his way to repeating that in 2013.

So yes, Star. I not sure why you are so bitter at the Dbacks, maybe because we actually have won a WS this century.

I was there in game 7. Why would I be bitter about that? Strange thing to say. I am really just giving you both grief.

And Aaron Hill was on the allstar team this year? I didn't know that.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was there in game 7. Why would I be bitter about that? Strange thing to say. I am really just giving you both grief.

And Aaron Hill was on the allstar team this year? I didn't know that.

Should have read - made an All-Star team

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was star two years ago. Not so sure he will ever get back to that level. Not a star.

I think I agree that people are overreacting against the Dsnacks, but I just wish the two strongest supporters of every move Towers has ever made, weren't the strongest defenders of the team here.

I have very strong feelings about the team, right or wrong - and it pisses me off to see the media and everyone piling on and being clueless or lazy about their stories and facts.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Not sure if you are including me in that statement? I have said time and again over the past 2 months, that Towers and Gibby need to go.
I know I got labeled as a "supporter" of Towers, however, if you go back over the threads, my position was always that I wanted to give him THIS YEAR to demonstrate that his moves would pan out.
Obviously, they didn't and by all measurables, the team is worse than when he arrived. Hence - he needs to go! And Gibby!

My position on the subject matter in this thread is not so much about supporting "the team", as it is trying to get people who clearly have no clue about the inner-workings of baseball, to see that what this team did - is entirely in keeping with the way the game has been played for 100 years...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I think I agree with you dsnacks about this. I am just so tired of Gibby, Towers et al.

And yes 82 I am calling you a Towers supporter for taking so long to agree he is a disaster.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter what COULD happen anymore. They should all be gone. The town has tuned out. Then the town tunes out, nothing short of a title run will regain their attention. Time to give LaRussa the reigns and let him drive this wagon for awhile.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter what COULD happen anymore. They should all be gone. The town has tuned out. Then the town tunes out, nothing short of a title run will regain their attention. Time to give LaRussa the reigns and let him drive this wagon for awhile.

:thud:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

The bolded is hilarious. Simply hilarious. Are you new to the game of baseball? I can't get the esurance lady out of my head: "That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works."

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The bolded is hilarious. Simply hilarious. Are you new to the game of baseball? I can't get the esurance lady out of my head: "That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works."

The curve ball has always been a measuring stick for determining intent. Nobody beans a player with a curve ball, it gives them too muck time to jump out of the way.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
The curve ball has always been a measuring stick for determining intent. Nobody beans a player with a curve ball, it gives them too muck time to jump out of the way.

I know, that's why I was laughing. Retaliation is never done with a curveball.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard