Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
@WhyAlwaysMe a lot of people you’re trying to call out have probably already put you on ignore.

I was one of the “right” posters in this thread but this infantile display makes me feel like joining them.

if you want to actually engage with people... grow up.

Of course those unfortunate folks aren’t my audience. But you knew that, so why mention it?

Go ahead. Join them. It’s a free country.

I am engaging with people just fine, thank you. Bad takes get the hook. Sorry not sorry.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but why you have to lie when it’s so easily refuted

(1) Utah on 12/31 rested which star?
(2) Denver on 1/1 rested which star?
(3) Clippers on 1/3 rested which star?
(4) Bucks on 2/10 rested which star?
(5) Sixers on 2/13 rested which star?

4-1 in those games and nearly pulled off a massive comeback in the only loss

why must you use the word “always” when you don’t know what it means, troll!!!

You just got off ban. I wouldn't be branding other people as trolls, calling names, or bumping old threads as a "told you so" if I were you.

It isn't productive and it will just lead to another ban.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course those unfortunate folks aren’t my audience. But you knew that, so why mention it?

Go ahead. Join them. It’s a free country.

I am engaging with people just fine, thank you. Bad takes get the hook. Sorry not sorry.

You don't have to be sorry but you do need to not act like an ass on this forum. Last chance.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That’s fair. Everyone is wrong at certain times. I underestimated the Suns this year, for example. Thought maybe a WCF ceiling. I admit it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess it's crow eating time.
I have already admitted I was wrong several times. I do not think groveling is necessary. My main concern was CP3's health. I still think this would have been a very good team with Rubio, but easily concede that it is much better with CP3. Even if Paul gets injured, it was worth it just for the contribution he has made to the changing culture. The culture was changing already with Monty and James Jones.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's ALOT of ifs for 85 mil.

Granted CP would be great when/IF he played.

IF he stays healthy
IF he and Book are compatible
IF we can keep the #10
IF we can get the PF we need
IF he's the same CP that played last year with a 3 month break
IF he can bump his assists over 6.5(with our shooters should be ok)
If our offence doesn't slow too much.
If he doesn't strangle Ayton for being too soft and go to jail
etc

You were 100% accurate with these ifs and somehow it's all a yes. Well done

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really dislike cp3, BUT in a suns uniform, he might be a great addition to our core. We have a core right now, who aren't rookies, who aren't veterans but right in that spot where its make or break time. Time to get over that hump. Are we already headed that direction, yes. Will we lose Oubre anyway, probably.

Rubio: good vision, a little injury prone, bad shooting at times
CP3: great vision, a lot injury prone, better shooting

I'm not sure how we make up for Oubre, unless we move Cam up and fill with a draft pick.
CP3 is the singular reason why OKC had a better season that anyone could have imagined.

I voted yes.

I'm glad we got cp3.

Cam did move up but we also signed Crowder and Craig which were good moves as well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see no way Haliburton makes it to 10. He is basically the safest pick in the whole lottery, hard to believe 9 teams in front of us pass that up.

Still can't believe he was available and Jones didn't pick him.

Now we have to resign Payne for 3 or 4 years and hope he continues to improve.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was very against it when the rumors started flying then the more I thought about it I was for it.

kind of like well why not. My biggest concern was Paul being able to stay healthy and he has.

what a great trade. Let’s see what happens in the playoffs

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said they would need more than Paul to go anywhere in the playoffs without a PF or another high impact player. They went and got a bunch of players to fill some of those gaps by committee. I thought no way they make any difference. I was wrong. Some of those position by committee players pulled together and played pretty well to give the Suns a great season.

Do I still think this team is going to win a title? No. I don't think Paul is enough. I think Ayton would have to play out of his mind. I think Bridges would have to play out of his mind. Paul and Booker would have to be on top of their game. I don't see it happening but I am going to enjoy seeing how far they get.

I so want to be wrong. I hope I am. I hope this team just finds a way to win. That would be EPIC.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't around much when this trade was being put together but I'm surprised so many were against it. I would imagine Paul's personality caused more people to be against acquiring him than his play style. I'm glad the trade happened and now just hope they build off the success they've had so far.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said they would need more than Paul to go anywhere in the playoffs without a PF or another high impact player. They went and got a bunch of players to fill some of those gaps by committee. I thought no way they make any difference. I was wrong. Some of those position by committee players pulled together and played pretty well to give the Suns a great season.

Do I still think this team is going to win a title? No. I don't think Paul is enough. I think Ayton would have to play out of his mind. I think Bridges would have to play out of his mind. Paul and Booker would have to be on top of their game. I don't see it happening but I am going to enjoy seeing how far they get.

I so want to be wrong. I hope I am. I hope this team just finds a way to win. That would be EPIC.

had they gotten the right path and had some breaks fall their way, I think they had a shot at the title. There’s only two teams that I would say would be definitely favored over us in a series.

unfortunately, one of those teams is our likely first round opponent.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
had they gotten the right path and had some breaks fall their way, I think they had a shot at the title. There’s only two teams that I would say would be definitely favored over us in a series.

I would say your second is the Clips or the Nets. But I would argue both those teams, along with the Lakers as you said, would be favored, and I mean heavily favored, over us.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Obviously it would sting to lose in round one, but I think we would have likely had to go through the Lakers at some point to win a title anyways and they are likely more vulnerable right now that they would be in round 2 or 3. Assuming it is them in round one it's gonna be a tough series, but it's certainly possible if enough of the role players step up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say your second is the Clips or the Nets. But I would argue both those teams, along with the Lakers as you said, would be favored, and I mean heavily favored, over us.

i think the Clippers would actually be a toss up. Nets and Lakers would be only teams I’d say we had very little to zero chance to beat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose