CP injury updates?

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anybody hear anything on CP? Seems like everything is pretty tight lipped but obviously last night was real concerning. I was reading about stingers out of curiosity and it seems like it is really just a tingling sensation which seems different than what he might be dealing with. Any updates?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The report is we will not hear anything about Chris Paul until pregame tomorrow.

Why show your cards until necessary?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I posted this in the game 3 thread already...

the more i watch this, i think he either has a jacked up collarbone, rotator cuff or trapeze

34 second mark, i dont think it was the head to cam that did it

45 second mark, two slow mo replays in a row. watch his shoulder, a muscle or something contracts/moves right as his arm is horizontal...or is it just lighting

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At this point I'm not going to believe any "report" until he's out on the court playing normal

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s more than just “tingling.” He has little strength or control with his right arm. A stinger is usually fine by now.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The best two players in this series both play for the opponent. Our team needs to do much better creating shots for each other. And those shots will need to fall. We can't shoot 30% from three and expect to win this series.

Hopefully our guys saw what a champion looks like in the 1st quarter last night and will respond in kind for game 3.

IMO they haven't seen any team play like that all season long. This is how young players grow. And I'm really pleased to see that DA isn't backing down.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s more than just “tingling.” He has little strength or control with his right arm. A stinger is usually fine by now.

This is not a stinger. Those bands he was wearing are not for stingers. They are to stabilize the structure. Those are used for dislocations or when there are overly stretched ligaments so that the movement is stabilized. I used one on my ankle for weeks. There is zero doubt the Suns are downplaying the injury. I really really hope maybe he just hyperextended where the arm meets the shoulder and this is going to get better day by day.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Barkley had the most common sense sounding analysis last night when he said that Chris Paul isn't going to heal in this series. I can't remember seeing someone look as hurt as Paul has come back after a couple of games. It would be miraculous.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea sit if worst comes to worst and suns get swept in la maybe paul will least be rdy for home gms in Phoenix

Hoping for the best....

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hate to say it but it may be the right thing to sit him. If he isnt improving then the worst case scenario is he spells Cam for 3 mins a quarter like he did last night...

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We can get a better idea if Cam Payne is the PGOTF to Paul if he can't go tonight. He's been a great back up PG but is he ready for a starting role?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson