Coyotes off season news thread. 2020

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Raanta or Kuemper are on the way out. Ugh. Chayka set us back so far when we had one of the best tandems going.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alex Kinkopf
⁦‪@AEKinkopf‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Adin Hill’s new contract is his first one-way NHL contract. He has played more games (167) than any other goalie in the organization since 2016-17, his first pro season. (30 NHL / 132 AHL / 5 ECHL). Has been a stabilizer for the Coyotes more than once. Well deserved. #Yotes

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Not sure a one year contract is a solid back up option for either guy. There's no future certainty. I would be more worried if it were multi year.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure a one year contract is a solid back up option for either guy. There's no future certainty. I would be more worried if it were multi year.

I just don't think we're going to pay three goalies NHL money. Someone has got to be on the move. Likely Kuemper who has the most value. We got absolutely F'd by Chayka on the way out so we have to restock the cupboard somehow.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good hire. I hope Armstrong's first move is to replace Rick Tocchet.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alex Kinkopf

@AEKinkopf

Official: The Coyotes have named Bill Armstrong the new GM. Armstrong brings a highly respected and proven track record from St. Louis, where he helped build the 2019 Stanley Cup champion Blues. He becomes the 10th GM in franchise history. #Yotes

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

José M. Romero

@RomeroJoseM

·
15m

Owner Alex Meruelo on Armstrong, in statement from team: "He brings the right mix of hockey knowledge, business acumen and leadership qualities that we need in order to achieve our goal of bringing a Stanley Cup to Arizona."

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alex Kinkopf

@AEKinkopf

·
25m

President & CEO Xavier Gutierrez, on Bill Armstrong: "We were extremely impressed with his experience, vast hockey knowledge, great ability to assess talent, and his tremendous draft record. "We are confident that he's the right person to build a winning culture here." #Yotes

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

José M. Romero
⁦‪@RomeroJoseM‬⁩

Blues GM Doug Armstrong today, on new #Coyotes GM Bill Armstrong: "We did make an agreement with Arizona and with Bill that he won't participate in any fashion in this year's draft for Arizona. All the work that he's done is basically information for the St. Louis Blues..."

9/17/20, 12:20 PM

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

José M. Romero
⁦‪@RomeroJoseM‬⁩

Blues GM Doug Armstrong today, on new #Coyotes GM Bill Armstrong: "We did make an agreement with Arizona and with Bill that he won't participate in any fashion in this year's draft for Arizona. All the work that he's done is basically information for the St. Louis Blues..."

9/17/20, 12:20 PM

I'm sure that's very common. I can't blame them a bit for protecting themselves that way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard