Couch to join Pack...

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
You mean things like not blocking on running plays, breaking off routes and stopping when he's not the primary receiver on a play, stuff like that?
He never does that I watched every game he ever played several times.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Another classless move. Putting me email out in public. So I can get spammed. Way to go!

VF cheese is really one of the best diehards in the board, just let it go.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
VF cheese is really one of the best diehards in the board, just let it go.
Let what go. He is attacking me. He is breaking the rules. He is behaving like a troll releasing my email. I am the one who is telling him to stop why doesn't he. His Holmgren love is stronger then his respect for the rules of this board. I have never broken the rules here and never will.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Let what go. He is attacking me?

just relax and calm down. Like I said Cheesebeef is one of the Diehards that have been following this team thru and thru. You just have to get to know him better.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
just relax and calm down. Like I said Cheesebeef is one of the Diehards that have been following this team thru and thru. You just have to get to know him better.
I am relaxed he is the one having a hissy fit cause I dared to say Holmgren is not that good a coach. He is the one calling me names. Tell him to relax. It is very obvious what he is doing with this thread he is turning it into a thread about me so I get banned. But that is not under my control. I can't control if people turn a thread into one about me. I am talking about Favre Holmgren and Moss they are the ones talking about me. They should be banned not me. Believe I don't come here to read about Vikesfan!!!

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Let what go. He is attacking me. He is breaking the rules. He is behaving like a troll releasing my email. I am the one who is telling him to stop why doesn't he. His Holmgren love is stronger then his respect for the rules of this board. I have never broken the rules here and never will.

Telling cheesebeef to follow Holmgren is not helping when you know he follows the Cards and Cards alone. :shrug:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Telling cheesebeef to follow Holmgren is not helping when you know he follows the Cards and Cards alone. :shrug:
But calling me a freaking ******, turning this thread into one about me, revealing my email, lying about what I said to him in private - that is okay? He is the one who said happily that Holmgren will beat DG two times this year not me. I just took out that statement by the way.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
I am relaxed he is the one having a hissy fit cause I dared to say Holmgren is not that good a coach.

Actually you started this by idiotically saying Favre isn't a great QB when 99% of the intelligent football fans out there know different. He is great and that is proven by the numbers he and his TEAM have put up in his career (and if you knew anything about me, you would know the Packers make me want to puke generally speaking). Then is a pathetic effort to deflect people away from the moronic stance on favre, the Holmgren thing came about.

You going on about Favre's character is laughable since Moss has character flaws left and right...oh what am I thinking, that is a media creation. ESPN experts never broke down film pointing out ON TAPE where Moss took plays off and alligator armed passes. That was clever editing. Oh and Moss NEVER ran over a meter maid. That was clever word play by the racist press in MN...who also ran off Green, the greatest HC in the history of the league. He has never won a Super Bowl but it is easily explained by the bad ref calls and the Vikings owner...anything but Green.

I know Cards fans and you sir are no Card fan. You are worse than the most bandwagon of fans. frankly, you are a jackass and have polluted this board with your rubbish. I stayed away for awhile and will leave again but I simply cannot take this lunacy anymore. You are an idiot.

Wait for it: "You called me names. You should be banned." -vikesfan

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
He never does that I watched every game he ever played several times.

Who? You said something about Favre and I responded, now you're apparently saying Favre never did anything I said?

or were you perhaps inferring that I was talking about Moss and responding to something I didn't actually say ?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
He is the one who said happily that Holmgren will beat DG two times this year not me.

"Happily" - huh?

Quote number 1 about the Hawks-Cards this year: "All you got is 6-8 - and SADLY after this year, I fear you won't even have that."

Quote number 2: "So what happens this year if Holmgren and Seattle beat us twice this year to even up his record at 8-8 with DG."

Oh yes - I could see how I HAPPILY proclaimed that Holmgren will beat us twice this year - I mean for pete's sake - I even used the exact opposite of "happily" in the first quote and merely presented a football question to you - which you still haven't answered btw - in the second question.

Shocker that you believe everything out of Michael Moore's mouth.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Fire Away!!!!

Favre is Overrated! King is Great!! Woo Hoo!!!

Smack away!

I think it is absolutely hysterical and awesome that you are a moderator now by the way. Congrats!

So to get this back to football - VF - you've never actually seen a game in person right? So you can only see what the television shows you - right? So couldn't it be possible that when Moss sprints out of the picture at the beginning of the play when the Camera is always focussed on the QB and O and D lines, that YOU HAVEN'T SEEN EVERY play Randy Moss has ever run? I mean, isn't it true in reality that by watching TV, you've only seen half of the plays that Moss has even been involved in? Taking that into consideration - how can you judge whether or not he gives up on routes or doesn't block?

And what about Favre's 1996 season when he won MVP?

If you talked about football - so would we - we're waiting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
Actually you started this by idiotically saying Favre isn't a great QB when 99% of the intelligent football fans out there know different. He is great and that is proven by the numbers he and his TEAM have put up in his career (and if you knew anything about me, you would know the Packers make me want to puke generally speaking). Then is a pathetic effort to deflect people away from the moronic stance on favre, the Holmgren thing came about.

You going on about Favre's character is laughable since Moss has character flaws left and right...oh what am I thinking, that is a media creation. ESPN experts never broke down film pointing out ON TAPE where Moss took plays off and alligator armed passes. That was clever editing. Oh and Moss NEVER ran over a meter maid. That was clever word play by the racist press in MN...who also ran off Green, the greatest HC in the history of the league. He has never won a Super Bowl but it is easily explained by the bad ref calls and the Vikings owner...anything but Green.

I know Cards fans and you sir are no Card fan. You are worse than the most bandwagon of fans. frankly, you are a jackass and have polluted this board with your rubbish. I stayed away for awhile and will leave again but I simply cannot take this lunacy anymore. You are an idiot.

Wait for it: "You called me names. You should be banned." -vikesfan

I miss the Cubbster around here - you were always good for some solid football talk - and the above is way out of character for you - but glad you said it all the same.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I
And what about Favre's 1996 season when he won MVP?

If you talked about football - so would we - we're waiting.

95 63% 38 TD 13 INT's while addicted to vicodin.

96 59% 39 TD 13 INT's AFTER 45 days in rehab and being randomly tested by the NFL to verify he's clean.

What really makes 96 so incredible is they go 13-3 the very year Brooks hurts his neck and plays only 7 games and catches just 23 balls. The 2 leading WR's that year were Antonio Freeman(completely unheralded at the time) and Don Beebe! Only Keith Jackson and Chmura were household names and proven guys catching the ball and Favre threw 39 TD's! No 1000 yard rusher, not even 900(Edgar Bennett led team in rushing).

I guess my thing with Favre is at least he admits he was using vicodin, was addicted, and shares the gruesome details(which if you read the book he clearly says is the POINT of the book). For example, at one point Favre went to the team doctor with a very painful lower back, upon examination they discovered an INCREDIBLY constipated Favre was so backed up he was in pain, they had to give him medicine to flush him out. Vicodin is notorious for constipating people. Favre was so addicted he started drinking stuff to prevent the problem so he could continue taking the vicodin.

There are some world famous athletes who will go to no lengths to cover up drug rumors including threatening to sue anybody who dares to say anything about it. At least Favre admits he was addicted to something and shares the horror of it.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Not a knock against Farve but is is common knowledge up in GB country that Farve wants nothing to do with any of the younger QB's. Hasselback himself said it in an interview a while back, that he and Farve never even talked not even in practice, and Farve didnt teach him a single thing.

Farve just isnt a good qb to learn from, he wants nothing to do with helping out the young QB's behind him. I think that half of the vet QB's in the league are just like this.

what a load of crap - maybe hasselbeck - but i seriously doubt it.

here is excerpts from an interview with craig nall (qb) 3rd stringer:

Do you consider Brett Favre to be your mentor? What is the most important thing you have learned from Brett Favre? - Posted by Craig Fuchs of Oshkosh, WI
I think he's a mentor to a lot of guys. The way he comes out to practice every day and maintains a high level of play, is the professionalism that you're looking for in everybody on the team. That's the most important thing I've learned from Brett.

Has Brett Favre been a greater influence for you on the fundamental part of the game or the emotional and mental aspects? - Posted by Emily of Camp Hill, PA
I'd have to say all three. He's been a great teacher of the fundamental aspects of the game. Just getting the chance to watch him every day has given me insight into how I have to prepare myself and the passion I must play with to be a great leader.

and also, according to nall, they go camping and hunting together - so it sounds like favre is a bit more in touch with his backups than you think. they have good chemistry on the offensive side of the ball and i don't think you'd have that if favre was as selfish as you and vf want to make him out to be. if anything is moronic it's both of your statements regarding favre. you never hear anything regarding a qb controversy, etc. coming out of the packer camp. they always have great things to say about him so i don't know where you two get off tossing accusations around.

shawn

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
I have posted facts about Favre. I don't hate Favre. Favre has always been overrated he himself admitted in Esquire magazine that it was booze and drugs that won him the SB. Take away the booze and drug years and Favre is nothing special.

get real:

1. he's not overrated
2. if he was overrated - it would have nothing to do with "booze and drugs" - that's just plain ignorant. there is no corrolation between the two.

ror - "take away the booze and drug years and favre is nothing special" - that is hilarious. that may be my new signature.

shawn

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
Does anyone really care if he wants to mentor a young QB? Does that REALLY matter? While it would be nice (I would love for guys like Favre to mentor young players personally), I certainly could care less if a vet QB mentors anyone. That is what the coaches are really there for right? To develop players AND win games?

i'm a huge packers fan and i'd care if he started mentoring the qb's - his foot work and technique are not great. what makes favre great is his leadership, his arm and his willingness to lay it all out on the line.

he never sets his feet and he puts the ball in dangerous positions - but he's able to do that because of his instinct and arm strength. if he were mentoring other qbs to play his style - the coaches would probably kill him.

according to some of the interviews and chat sessions that i've read favre lets the coaches coach and he mentors in leadership skills and by example. i never hear any players on that team say anything bad about him nor do i ever read or hear of turmoil from the other qbs on the team.

shawn

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
He should not be allowed to be in the HOF because of the Strahan incident. That was the greatest dishonour the game of football has ever seen.

rotfl

:biglaugh:

shawn

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Favre being a great player is a media creation just like Moss being a lazy hood.

well - it's nice to see the media have all those game-time stats then...:rolleyes:

you really don't know anything about football do you?

shawn

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
FYI you forgot to mention that Favre was furious with Esquire for that article because the title appeared NOWHERE in Favre's autobiography and even Esquire admitted that Favre had never once uttered the words "Vicodin, rehab, and beer. Hey, it won me a Super Bowl" during his interview with Esquire. Esquire eventually admitted they had invented the title to be controversial and put an apology to Favre in a later magazine. The same magazine article had a picture of a vicodin that said "vicodin-yum" in the heading for the picture. They apologized for that as well and admitted it was a cheap shot at Favre.

this article sounds like it was written by vf...

shawn

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now that i've read the entire thread - i can hopefully contribute to getting this back on track.

couch - what a moron - i so didn't want him on the team.

before couch we had favre, pederson and nall (whom i think that nall should be the 2nd stringer). anyway, now we've got favre, pederson, nall and couch - which means that pederson or nall have to leave. i hope that it's pederson, but i'm thinking the coaching staff will show nall the door. imo - nall is the second best qb on that team and he should be the heir apparent.

favre: 6'2" - 224 lbs. huge arm - 14 yrs. exp.
nall: 6'3" - 228 lbs. huge arm. young but he's got a good head on his shoulders and he can play the game. - 3 yrs. exp. (with a couple of nfle seasons under his belt).
pederson: 6'3" - 222 lbs. - okay decision making, but not a starter - he's much better as a backup - very solid in that role. - 12 yrs. exp.
couch: 6'4" - 225 lbs. - cry baby and a mixer - 6 yrs. exp.

man i'm soooo bummed about couch being on the team - i just can't believe it. i'm starting to see the beginning of the end of the packer team...

sherman has single handedly dismantled all the hard work that wolfe put into building a great franchise - i just hope the board of directors gets rid of him before they become cellar-dwellers like they were in the 70's and 80's.

shawn

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
what a load of crap - maybe hasselbeck - but i seriously doubt it.

Hey there Shawn.

Even Hasselbeck said that if he wouldn't have been traded to the Seahawks, he would have considered signing an extension with the Packers and remain a backup behind Brett. I would think Brunell, Hasselbeck, Brooks, Detmer, Warner, etc.. must have learned a few things playing behind Brett.

Considering how much Vikesfan hates the Packers, and how much he loves Dennis Green, I think he would go into a state of shock if Green ever coached the Packers considering the conflicting emotions that would bring. :D

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houdini said:
Hey there Shawn.

Even Hasselbeck said that if he wouldn't have been traded to the Seahawks, he would have considered signing an extension with the Packers and remain a backup behind Brett. I would think Brunell, Hasselbeck, Brooks, Detmer, Warner, etc.. must have learned a few things playing behind Brett.

Considering how much Vikesfan hates the Packers, and how much he loves Dennis Green, I think he would go into a state of shock if Green ever coached the Packers considering the conflicting emotions that would bring. :D

Denny Green coaching the Packers - brilliant. That would be something I would like to see - but just for one season. As good a coach as Denny is during the season - he is a terrible post-season coach.

That would end vf once and for all. :D

Shawn