Congrats to Grant Jerrett, Gatorade CA POY

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I wonder if it was between him or a couple of his future UA teammates, Brandon Ashley or Gabe York for POY. Future looks bright next year as none of the incoming recruits look to have attitude problems or oversized egos that need to be checked.

Gabe York was also in contention. Not sure about Ashley.

Either way, we have some sick athletes coming to Tucson next season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that it's a highly politicized award for example Kyle Anderson is rated the 4th best player in the nation but wasn't voted POY in his own state because he bypassed Seton Hall for UCLA.

I have no idea what the criteria is but I think it's one of those things where being nominated is the key, who wins isn't just about who's the best player. I think most people think Aaron Gordon is the best player in California in any class.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I read somewhere that it's a highly politicized award for example Kyle Anderson is rated the 4th best player in the nation but wasn't voted POY in his own state because he bypassed Seton Hall for UCLA.

I have no idea what the criteria is but I think it's one of those things where being nominated is the key, who wins isn't just about who's the best player. I think most people think Aaron Gordon is the best player in California in any class.

Hopefully he is a Cat too!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully he is a Cat too!

They appear to be doing well with him. For awhile everyone seemed to think he was UW's to lose, and Jabari Parker too. now it seems like they're behind on Parker and UA may have caught them on Gordon.

It'll be interesting to see how the Turner thing plays out and if it has any impact on the Soldiers relationship to Arizona.

Right now if you're UA you've got Gordon, Bird and now Shaqquan Aaron all scheduled to play for the Soldiers and all liking UA. So unless the Turner thing turns out badly and Doris manages to persuade the Soldiers people it was UA's fault and not Josiah's(and hers), UA could be in for a haul in recruiting the next couple of years too.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gabe York was also in contention. Not sure about Ashley.

Either way, we have some sick athletes coming to Tucson next season.

Ashley was not, saw a SI article about Ashley playing for Findlay Prep in NV. Hopefully that pays off with ADV coming to UA.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ashley was not, saw a SI article about Ashley playing for Findlay Prep in NV. Hopefully that pays off with ADV coming to UA.

Right Ashley wasn't playing in CA so not eligible.

It sounds like ADV is UA's if they want him they're just deciding if they want him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gordon is gonna be a Lobo!;)

He is still listing them. I'd prefer he go there to UK or Duke or UNC if he's not going to the Pac 12.

Oregon is also involved and apparently Colorado is making a push for both him and Jabari Bird.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
If Godon doesnt go to UW, Washington fan is going to set fires.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Godon doesnt go to UW, Washington fan is going to set fires.

It's not a lock, there was apparently some indication Romar might be interested in the Illinois job, they were interested in him and he had the ties to Jabari Parker.

There's some feeling that even though he stayed, his possible interest may hurt UW with 2013 kids.

The old I'm not going to commit to you but if you're not committed to UW that's a problem,

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Side question am I correct that it appears VERY likely UA will get transfer TJ McConnell from Duquesne?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Side question am I correct that it appears VERY likely UA will get transfer TJ McConnell from Duquesne?

UA board rumors are indicating that McConnell is the transfer Miller indicated may join the team. A lot of coincidences to back up rumors. Supposedly Miller knows the McConnell family, Duquesne just recently fired its coach prompting McConnell to request a transfer. Russ, you mentioned supposedly Miller is trying to decide if he wants ADV, maybe because McConnell may be in the fold.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
McConnell is about 90% to Arizona unless something unseen happens in the next 10 days.

As far as Gordon, I seriously doubt any interest by Romar to UW will hurt, because I highly doubt there was much to that story in the first place. Either way, if UW loses Gordon its going to be an all-time botch, because the Gordon family absolutely loves Romar.

No matter how it happens, if Romar/UW dont land Gordon it would be a disaster.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
UA board rumors are indicating that McConnell is the transfer Miller indicated may join the team. A lot of coincidences to back up rumors. Supposedly Miller knows the McConnell family, Duquesne just recently fired its coach prompting McConnell to request a transfer. Russ, you mentioned supposedly Miller is trying to decide if he wants ADV, maybe because McConnell may be in the fold.

Even if he transfers, he has to sit out. Will be interesting to see where ADV commits to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard