Confidence in BC?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's two drafts in a row that the Suns have completely blown. I'm a huge Suns homer, but there is just no way to paint this nicely.

BTW, saying they are saving money for JJ with this draft thing and with the trade of Q is just crap. It doesn't make any sense. How does saving money 3 years from now have anything to do with signing JJ now? Their salary picture will be hugely different 3 years from now.

This just shows how badly they wanted to get rid of Q.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Well the initial report on the trade was that we got a 1st rd pick from them, then it was changed to a future conditional 1st to the knicks (likely 28-30 in 2007) and now it's the #21 pick this year. We traded our #7 pick last year and got the #21 pick this year in return when we could've gotten a great player in Luol Deng or Andre Igoudala and instead we've had 2 years without a draft.
Got it. I forgot that we traded the first rounder last year as well.

hafey2

Rookie
Reaction score
I think a lot of this trade talk is psychological. For more than a month now, most of us have been reading up on draft prospects, anticipating the draft. Then the Suns go ahead and unexpectably trade the pick away. Thats a big let down, and now apparently the sky is falling.

I hate that I sound like an apologist, but a first rounder this year, or a first rounder in 2006 or 2007. I don't think there is a very large difference to be honest.

This is a very good team already, with not alot of playing time already. The players that will make a difference next year will be the free agents acquired with the LLE and the MLE.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
u r exactly right hafey2...the reason everyone is so pissed (or in my case dissapointed) is we had just spent a month drooling over guys like johan petro and wayne simean. So now that the suns backed out of the draft we all feel cheated. BC has stated he thinks vets are a better fit for this team (one of the youngest in the league you must remember) and that he plans to attack free agency. My guess is we lock up our two best players and sign 2 impact bench players (i want fins and swift but thats just me) we are now a better team then we were at the end of the year and i really believe we match up well with the spurs now. Ya'll need to realize that we won 62 games last year and are one of the four premier teams in the league (and yes even w/o the 21st pick!!!) Let the off season play out before we start to put the gun in our mouth...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
Ya'll need to realize that we won 62 games last year and are one of the four premier teams in the league (and yes even w/o the 21st pick!!!) Let the off season play out before we start to put the gun in our mouth...

I think you are minimizing the loss of Q, who was one of the starting five players on this roster that accomplished the 62 wins.

Team chemistry is important, ask Portland.

I would simply have asked Q to come off the bench as a sixth man and added a couple role 4/5 players through free agency and added a backup PG that can actually play the point for next season.

Asking Q to play S/F against S.A. was ridiculous. No way was he able to get off inside shots against their big front line without fastbreak opportunities (and knowing this) S.A. challenged Q and Marion's three point shots.

I don't think this team will be as good next year in the regular season or playoffs. Better start looking towards teams like Golden State who have vastly improved with Baron Davis and the draft. They even actually have a good bench.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I like Q as much as the next guy, but Amare and Nash make this team go. Honestly, what was Q's primary contribution to the team? His 3pt shooting. This is replaceable.

The chemistry question is more applicable. But I think Kurt Thomas is prolly a better big man than is on the market, while G/F of Q's quality are more readily available.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort