Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or those who look real hard wanting and trying to find racism to fit their agenda.In this age of PC living having a opinion that is different is dangerous? So what if he thinks kapernik is a joke or he doesn`t like Beyonce? or the Black Panther movie? BFD.last I heard having a opinion was still allowed.It also paints a picture of those who scream the race card at every opportunity.
I have zero agenda. But thanks for your complete lack of understanding about the issue of racism in this nation. You’re really helping society.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I have zero agenda. But thanks for your complete lack of understanding about the issue of racism in this nation. You’re really helping society.

Once again Ouchie trying to be the smartest person in the room .Sonny boy I was protesting the war in Vietnam while you where still crapping your diapers.You don`t know Jacksh*t about what or how I have lived or stood for.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see where people would be concerned absolutely... But I would need to see a long and complete list of all of his tweets to make a real judgment. Is he equally as critical over other things in his history?

Anyone saying just because he likes Trump he is a racist is just being ignorant. That’s just not factual and based in any type of reality. Liking trump and being a racist don’t just automatically go hand in hand as so many in the media and in here claim and want you to think.

At a minimum he has poor taste considering Black Panther was a totally awesome movie.. And Beyoncé does have a couple of good songs. They aren’t all complete trash. :)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Or those who look real hard wanting and trying to find racism to fit their agenda.In this age of PC living having a opinion that is different is dangerous? So what if he thinks kapernik is a joke or he doesn`t like Beyonce? or the Black Panther movie? BFD.last I heard having a opinion was still allowed.It also paints a picture of those who scream the race card at every opportunity.

I agree with all this.

That being said, the "PC living" is a thing, and is real. And yes, having an opinion that is different IS dangerous at times. You may not like it, I sure don't but it is part of the here and now. Thus you can say "I am entitled to said opinions" that is fine, but then to think there will not be a reaction, justified or not, is a showing of ignorance.

We are talking about a top football in a country where this kid is looked up to more than the smartest physicist or biomedical engineer. So, it is not out of the question, to bring this topic to the table. So, again, it IS a big F deal, and if Bosa doesn't realize that (and he does hence his deletion of tweets) that is cause for concern.

You and I did not grow up in an age where everyone had a camera on their cell phone, and everything you say or do is recorded. It is different, and that HAS TO BE excepted as the new normal because it is the new normal. Again, whether you, or I, or anyone likes it or not.

Thus you have a team of players that have to co-exist. If they (the team) are OK with it, then really who cares if the guy can rush the passer and the team wins.

I talk about this with the younger guys at my job, what you are perceived to be, is who you are in the eyes of your co-workers. Not ideal, may not be fair, but it is what it is, and failure to recognize that, will hurt you in your profession. In Bosa's profession ? That is a HUGE part of it.

Do not believe me, I have one name to say: Josh Rosen. Perceived as a millienial, cry-baby, rich kid, liberal, know it all, arrogant jerk. I do not think that is fair, or there is a lot of proof of it, but that is perception. Plenty of posts about it too.

Thus my comment putting the match a little too close to the powder, I think it is good way to look at it. Because people ARE going to jump on it. But the fact the guy had the where with all, to delete things on his twitter, is a good indication that he is well aware how things can be taken, especially in this day and age.

Personally? Literally 5 minutes ago was doing a mock draft simulator and for the hundredth time picked Bosa #1. It is a concern, but so is Q.Williams only having one good season under his belt.

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with all this.

That being said, the "PC living" is a thing, and is real. And yes, having an opinion that is different IS dangerous at times. You may not like it, I sure don't but it is part of the here and now. Thus you can say "I am entitled to said opinions" that is fine, but then to think there will not be a reaction, justified or not, is a showing of ignorance.

We are talking about a top football in a country where this kid is looked up to more than the smartest physicist or biomedical engineer. So, it is not out of the question, to bring this topic to the table. So, again, it IS a big F deal, and if Bosa doesn't realize that (and he does hence his deletion of tweets) that is cause for concern.

Thus you have a team of players that have to co-exist. If they are OK with it, then really who cares if the guy can rush the passer and the team wins.

I talk about this with the younger guys at my job, what you are perceived to be, is who you are in the eyes of your co-workers. Not ideal, may not be fair, but it is what it is, and failure to recognize that, will hurt you in your profession.

Thus my comment putting the match a little too close to the powder, I think it is good way to look at it. Because people ARE going to jump on it. But the fact the guy had the where with all, to delete things on his twitter, is a good indication that he is well aware how things can be taken, especially in this day and age.

Literally 5 minutes ago was doing a mock draft simulator and for the hundredth time picked Bosa #1. It is a concern, but so is Q.Williams only having one good season under his belt.

Nice post Rugby.Unfortunately PC is a overriding concern.Bosa probably learned to be more PC after all this.If some players got hurt feeling over past tweets I have to wonder about how much it bothered players when child-beaters,wife-beaters etc ; came back in the league and played.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Nice post Rugby.Unfortunately PC is a overriding concern.Bosa probably learned to be more PC after all this.If some players got hurt feeling over past tweets I have to wonder about how much it bothered players when child-beaters,wife-beaters etc ; came back in the league and played.

I think Bosa knows all about "PC", as I stated, he did have the where with all to delete things off social media. Yet, it is out there, but what is not "out there" these days. Just as this new normal will vilify and judge in a reactionary fashion, those topics are pushed to the side by the time the next news cycle comes through. It really matters on what the GMs feel anyway.

As for teammates, we can all wonder and judge those players and their feelings on an abundant of topics, and go down the rabbit hole for years of conversation and what not.

Yet, for the topic in hand, I go back to my example of when I talk to young people at my job. The people you work with are going to have a perception of you, and in regards to this whole situation, this is a football message board. Wins and loses are the top priority, and you need to be a team to win. Thus perception by teammates is important for the team. Do they care or not ? I dunno. Some may, some may not, and to what extent ? Enough to make it an issue and risk hundreds of thousands of dollars ?

Again, it does not matter where we think and rank certain "poor behaviors", so to speak, it matter on how the team reacts to it, and if it were to effect the team.

Its a concern, but a concern like any other.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Once this goes viral, I think his draft stock will slip based on the bad optics of it. Not much because we all know talent trumps everything in the NFL. If you can sack the QB, you have a job. But I think he'll be off the Cardinals board. Well, unless it doesn't go viral.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Once this goes viral, I think his draft stock will slip based on the bad optics of it. Not much because we all know talent trumps everything in the NFL. If you can sack the QB, you have a job. But I think he'll be off the Cardinals board. Well, unless it doesn't go viral.

if that's the case then Jeffrey Simmons should be off the Cards board completely.After all he only punched a girl.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if that's the case then Jeffrey Simmons should be off the Cards board completely.After all he only punched a girl.

Guys who punch women and children don't deserve to make millions.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Hate to say, but I agree. I could care less about the ideology he latches on to, but the borderline racial stuff is a bit concerning. I am not ready to label the guy a racist, but that is putting a match REAL close to a powder case.
That is what I am talking about...right there...there is not a shred of evidence of any racist view. But somehow, a comment about a black person by a white person is "borderline" racist...

You know nothing about me...you know about my life experience, my childhood, yet just like you made the leap to conclude that somehow comment that Beyonce sucks is somehow "borderline" racist (obviously because he is a POTUS fan) you make the same ill-informed conclusions about me...

Status
Not open for further replies.