OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I like Greg Kilborn better myself...

a Kilborn fan and a George Bush fan? Man - you got issues!!!!!!!

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm a George Bush fan, just think he gets blamed for too much... I hate when he speaks though...gives me shivers...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Genius move by NBC.

Conan would have bolted and been their competition had they not lined him up. He's been the funniest late-night host for a long time.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I wouldn't say I'm a George Bush fan, just think he gets blamed for too much... I hate when he speaks though...gives me shivers...

I know - just giving you some crap. You really like Kilborn - good lord - I thought he was a smug arrogant UNFUNNY douchebag.

I still think Conan's show has delivered one fo THE greatest line sin TV history - they were doing the Moving lips segment - and first they had McCain and Bush on - and this was back during the Republican primaries in 2000 - and they were just ruthless - then they brought in McCain's Vietnamese Prison Guard - it was one of the most tasteless, yet absolutely hilarious things I have ever seen and then for the encore on the segment, Jeese Ventura pushed both candidates off the screen and uttered one unbelievable line that I still throw out whenever possible: "All stray dogs should be taught to attack midgets" That was it - nothing more, nothing less from the Body - ALL STRAY DOGS SHOULD BE TAUGHT TO ATTACK MIDGETS - absolutely brilliant. Oh, and the other bit of brilliance in the show came when apparently a complaint of the show was that there weren't enough war re-enactments on the show - so what does Conan do - he gives us the re-enactment of the great "Cola" wars of the 1980's - a huge Coke can and a Pepsi can stood about five feet apart, machine guns a blazing at each other and then a little RC Cola Can walks out - Coke and Pepsi stare at each other for a beat, turn to the RC can and fire at will, killing him off - I'm laughing just thinking about that poor RC can getting gunned down.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CONAN RULES!!

He is the funniest guy on late night tv and has the coolest bands on his show. I almost died laughing from his Y2K New Years show with the central time zone count down. "Central time zone, 1 extra hour before armageddon."

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
marathon_mom said:
Rubarb is what makes my feet look cheese!

:shrug: :confused: Can someone please explain this to me? Oh, might I BIM?...rhubarb

We are all still waiting on that............. :shrug:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why they want to wait for 5 years. Surely Jay has made enough dough by now that he could afford to retire and just put around with his car collection.

There was only 1 Johnny Carson. Leno will never replace him. Not only that, but his shtick gets old after a while and he just doesn't get much out of his guests.

I don't often get to watch Conan (us old people retire before he comes on), but the few times I have seen him makes me think he would be better than Leno. Conan doesn't have that arrogant streak that Leno sometimes displays and he just seems to have more pep.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
AND YOU WILL CONTINUE WAITING!!!!!!!!
Dude.... this is getting to be on the level of Carly Simon's "you're so vain" and who she wrote it about.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Dude.... this is getting to be on the level of Carly Simon's "you're so vain" and who she wrote it about.

okey-doke. I don't know if Conan will carry over well to most of America - imagine the people in the midwests' horror when the ************ bear comes on.