Colt McCoy era ends

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If McCoy really is as dinged up as many on here have said, keeping and starting him might have proved otherwise. He looked donezo, but I still thought they'd keep and start him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Jurecki high on whatever is always a better insider than the 98.7 clowns. But jurecki is a real jerk. Alas, the local sports coverages sucks here.
Aw man. Haven't seen a Jurecki tweet posted here in a minute. Did he block all the usual suspects?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Gotta keep eye on prize - the picks.

Look, these types of seasons are common to many of us. I think what we look for is:

1. Does the coaching look materially better? No more stupid click management. No more dead ball penalties. No more going for it on 4th on our own 20. Discipline. Good schemes.

2. Young player development. Hope to see improvement as year progresses.

3. Minimal blowouts. Be competitive.

4. Lots of losses. In a year like this one look at every loss as a win towards our draft.
With you on every point. I wouldn't mind losing every game by a few points, if it meant zero blowouts and lots of hopeful player development.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
From Tony Grossi on the Browns beat,

"As a free agent, Dobbs almost signed with the Cardinals. But the Browns confided a mistake in letting Dobbs go and guaranteed their offer of $2 million. Dobbs felt his career would be better enhanced by being a part of a playoff-caliber team as a backup than perhaps getting play time with a non-playoff team."
Just destroys all that speculation yesterday.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Any of our QB's are perfectly suited to tank. Paying a 5th rounder for a different guy to tank is absurd. A guy that has 2 starts in 5 years - if Dobbs had any future other than backup in the NFL, we'd know by now.

What's absurd is your harangue.

JG, his coaches, and the players putting their bodies on the line don't have 'tanking' as their game plan.

Dobbs has been brought in to be a short-term starter and a backup, and you can remind us about the pro bowler Cleveland picked up with that fifth-rounder at some point.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What's absurd in your harangue.
You see my contention with the move as absurd. We disagree, it's ok.
JG, his coaches, and the players putting their bodies on the line don't have 'tanking' as their game plan.
Cool - I fully expect all of them to try. Whether they try or not, this is a team that Vegas has winning 2 fewer games than any other team. If that isn't tanking, I don't know what is. This isn't me speculating - it's all of the NFL community.
Dobbs has been brought in to be a short-term starter and a backup, and you can remind us about the pro bowler Cleveland picked up with that fifth-rounder at some point.
We already have two guys to fill that role, neither of who cost us an additional 5th rounder. Blough has just as much experience as Dobbs, and much more familiarity with the team/personnel. Tune

Dismiss it as usual - Tune was a 5th rounder and has showed some promise, along with Clark. If the draft is our path to salvation, I'd prefer keeping the pick and rolling with what we currently have.

I don't see Dobbs moving the needle at all. You disagree - that's fine too! We don't all have to agree, and we especially don't need people insisting that everyone share the same opinion or calling everyone who disagrees a worry wart!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You see my contention with the move as absurd. We disagree, it's ok.

Cool - I fully expect all of them to try. Whether they try or not, this is a team that Vegas has winning 2 fewer games than any other team. If that isn't tanking, I don't know what is. This isn't me speculating - it's all of the NFL community.

We already have two guys to fill that role, neither of who cost us an additional 5th rounder. Blough has just as much experience as Dobbs, and much more familiarity with the team/personnel. Tune

Dismiss it as usual - Tune was a 5th rounder and has showed some promise, along with Clark. If the draft is our path to salvation, I'd prefer keeping the pick and rolling with what we currently have.

I don't see Dobbs moving the needle at all. You disagree - that's fine too! We don't all have to agree, and we especially don't need people insisting that everyone share the same opinion or calling everyone who disagrees a worry wart!

You can go to the bank on what Vegas and assorted talking heads have to say, I'll let it play out where it counts; on the field.

Cheers!

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Vegas projecting that Arizona will win 2 games is in no way evidence of a team tanking, which would involve team management willfully and intentionally losing games. I don't think the odds makers in Vegas know or care about the Cardinal management's intentions. Regardless of the reason why, they just think the Cardinals will be the worst team in the league this year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Absolute simp for Michael Bidwill.

I don't know what I'm going to do. Last time the Cards were this execrable I'd tape the game, take an edible at 8 pm, walk the dog, and then just sort of absorb Josh Rosen's performance on like a spiritual level.
I am also up in the air. I have not purchased The Ticket yet. Not sure it is worth watching everything on delay when I will already know the outcome.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I am also up in the air. I have not purchased The Ticket yet. Not sure it is worth watching everything on delay when I will already know the outcome.
It depends on what you like to watch. I like to watch competitive football at the highest level. It seems unlikely the Cards are going to deliver much of that this season.

If you like watching moderate progress of a handful of favorite players, it's probably worth it. YMMV on what the value is on watching Joshua Dobbs and/or Clayton Tune bounce the ball in front of Michael Wilson four or six times per game.

If I were a single man I'd find a favorite watering hole and just watch the game from there. You'll get a TV mostly to yourself. No danger of it being busy for a prime time game.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like watching moderate progress of a handful of favorite players, it's probably worth it. YMMV on what the value is on watching Joshua Dobbs and/or Clayton Tune bounce the ball in front of Michael Wilson four or six times per game.

Clearly you didn't watch the Cardinals pre-season games. Clayton Tune was airmailing the ball over the WRs heads not bouncing it to them. ;)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Just destroys all that speculation yesterday.
What speculation? The Browns decided DTR and a 5th were a better option than Dobbs.
That’s pretty much straight forward seeing as that’s what they did.

Reactions: PJ1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you like to watch. I like to watch competitive football at the highest level. It seems unlikely the Cards are going to deliver much of that this season.

If I were a single man I'd find a favorite watering hole and just watch the game from there. You'll get a TV mostly to yourself. No danger of it being busy for a prime time game.
You’ll have to struggle mightily to get that TV though. Ouchie, Daves and I did the above for years and even with three of us, we regularly had to badger people to put our game on, often missing parts of the first quarter. And the price of going to the bar every week and not being the douche who just orders a Diet Coke for three hours will likely dwarf the cost of getting the Ticket. Figure you get at least three drinks while watching if for no other reason than not to screw your waitress out of serving a willing customer, that’s prob at the very minimum 25 bucks spent per game (if you don’t eat) if not more. Multiply that 17 games and bottom of the barrel price to bar watch is probably around 450.

trust me… I’ve done the math. Hell, I’ve done the math on what it’ll cost me in gas to go from LA to the OC every Sunday and to see how that lines up with the package.

So far, every calculation has me coming back to this sad fact… I probably won’t get the ticket this year and even more likely won’t watch all the games for the first time in… forever.

Times is tough on this end with the writer’s strike and I gotta be smart with money and it sadly seems pretty stupid to drop 300 on a team that is not only going to be atrocious, but doesn’t even much a chance to offer a view of the future without Kyler on the field for who knows how long.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard