Colt McCoy era ends

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You’ll have to struggle mightily to get that TV though. Ouchie, Daves and I did the above for years and even with three of us, we regularly had to badger people to put our game on, often missing parts of the first quarter. And the price of going to the bar every week and not being the douche who just orders a Diet Coke for three hours will likely dwarf the cost of getting the Ticket. Figure you get at least three drinks while watching if for no other reason than not to screw your waitress out of serving a willing customer, that’s prob at the very minimum 25 bucks spent per game (if you don’t eat) if not more. Multiply that 17 games and bottom of the barrel price to bar watch is probably around 450.

trust me… I’ve done the math. Hell, I’ve done the math on what it’ll cost me in gas to go from LA to the OC every Sunday and to see how that lines up with the package.

So far, every calculation has me coming back to this sad fact… I probably won’t get the ticket this year and even more likely won’t watch all the games for the first time in… forever.

Times is tough on this end with the writer’s strike and I gotta be smart with money and it sadly seems pretty stupid to drop 300 on a team that is not only going to be atrocious, but doesn’t even much a chance to offer a view of the future without Kyler on the field for who knows how long.
It's been a while since I've had to do this, to be sure. Back in the day at UC Davis there was a bar that prided itself on showing every game at least somewhere. So you'd get a little speaker and watch and listen.

You're right that the economics shifts if you don't even get an in-market game. I don't know how CO works; is Dallas their natural NFC team? Probably.

Thoughts and prayers on the writers strike. Screw the producers; I think about you often when I hear about shrinking writers rooms and how important they are to building a career in Hollywood. Maybe @Ouchie-Z-Clown comes off with that login password for his bro.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've had to do this, to be sure. Back in the day at UC Davis there was a bar that prided itself on showing every game at least somewhere. So you'd get a little speaker and watch and listen.

You're right that the economics shifts if you don't even get an in-market game. I don't know how CO works; is Dallas their natural NFC team? Probably.

Thoughts and prayers on the writers strike. Screw the producers; I think about you often when I hear about shrinking writers rooms and how important they are to building a career in Hollywood. Maybe @Ouchie-Z-Clown comes off with that login password for his bro.
appreciated K9.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You’ll have to struggle mightily to get that TV though. Ouchie, Daves and I did the above for years and even with three of us, we regularly had to badger people to put our game on, often missing parts of the first quarter. And the price of going to the bar every week and not being the douche who just orders a Diet Coke for three hours will likely dwarf the cost of getting the Ticket. Figure you get at least three drinks while watching if for no other reason than not to screw your waitress out of serving a willing customer, that’s prob at the very minimum 25 bucks spent per game (if you don’t eat) if not more. Multiply that 17 games and bottom of the barrel price to bar watch is probably around 450.

trust me… I’ve done the math. Hell, I’ve done the math on what it’ll cost me in gas to go from LA to the OC every Sunday and to see how that lines up with the package.

So far, every calculation has me coming back to this sad fact… I probably won’t get the ticket this year and even more likely won’t watch all the games for the first time in… forever.

Times is tough on this end with the writer’s strike and I gotta be smart with money and it sadly seems pretty stupid to drop 300 on a team that is not only going to be atrocious, but doesn’t even much a chance to offer a view of the future without Kyler on the field for who knows how long.
<Pssst> streameast.

I pay none dollars to watch any NFL game. Join the true darkside.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What speculation? The Browns decided DTR and a 5th were a better option than Dobbs.
....after naming Dobbs the backup QB.

You do that when the competition is close.
That’s pretty much straight forward seeing as that’s what they did.
That has nothing to do with anything I'm talking about.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Am I the only one wondering how you have to get “finances together” to sign a $2mill/year backup player?

Krang, he could’ve wanted 10 million. Doesn’t mean he and his agent don’t know his market value and he took it at $2 mill.

He’s on his 7th team since 2017. I doubt he’s making contract demands.
Getting the finances together could simply mean the pay structure. Let's say the cards offered him a 2 mil make good offer,with no signing bonus. Cleveland offered a 2 million with 500k signing bonus, guaranteed. In the end who knows.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Another thing to add is that in March the cards situation was a lot different. DHop was still in the books, were they going to make a play to keep their free agents? The Buddha situation was not resolved. I mean comparing the situation in March to what it is today is not apples to apples.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson