Collingsworth: Haley Will Coach Cheifs

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
http://www.kansascity.com/909/story/993121.html

NBC Sports analyst Cris Collinsworth expects Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley to become the Chiefs’ next head coach.

Collinsworth, who spent time with Haley before broadcasting the Cardinals’ NFC first-round win over Atlanta and will cover the Super Bowl between Arizona and Pittsburgh, said Haley’s star has risen higher than anyone’s during the playoffs.

“I think he’ll be the coach in Kansas City,” Collinsworth told me Tuesday on a teleconference. “I’m watching what’s happening with all the (new) coaches, and we’ve seen some of the defensive coaches come off the board, and the one guy nobody is talking about that has surprised me, and it’s because (the Cardinals) flew so far under the radar screen, was Haley. He’s not under the radar screen anymore.

“The biggest winner who has come out of this run by the Arizona Cardinals has been Todd Haley.”

Collinsworth was impressed with how Haley handled himself during some heated sideline discussions with quarterback Kurt Warner and wide receiver Anquan Boldin in the NFC championship game on Sunday.

“For Boldin to be getting in his face in the middle of the most significant drive in half a century for the Arizona Cardinals,” Collinsworth said, “and to keep it together and call the plays to march it downfield against one of the best defenses in the league, showed great presence.”

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Report out of KC today is that Mike Shanahan is in line to be the next coach.....

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
People hiring Cards assistants for promotions..

lol, this may take a while to get used to. :D

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
People hiring Cards assistants for promotions..

lol, this may take a while to get used to. :D
Like that would be a new thing. Cards make it to the playoffs for the first time in Arizona, and immediately, they offensive coordinator to go coach the Giants.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like that would be a new thing. Cards make it to the playoffs for the first time in Arizona, and immediately, they offensive coordinator to go coach the Giants.

Oh you're right.. It did happen almost a DECADE a go.