College Basketball 2017-18

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"LaVar Ball downplayed President Donald Trump's involvement in getting his son and two other UCLA players home after a shoplifting incident in China."

No surprise. POS.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"LaVar Ball downplayed President Donald Trump's involvement in getting his son and two other UCLA players home after a shoplifting incident in China."

No surprise. POS.

I'm not a Lavar Ball fan but there's no actual evidence Trump did anything. The players were already out on bail before Trump even knew it had happened, he admitted that.

The only source that he got them out is Trump himself and the White House. All the early stories said it would be weeks before they got even a bail hearing and they were out on bail in 12 hours.

I think the whole situation was embarassing, it was supposed to be a good will trip the players messed that up, but the chinese didn't want any part of making an example out of them, especially one being only 17. I think Jack Ma played a large role in it.

I'm sure they knew Trump was coming and that probably helped them decide to let the players off easy, but it's not a given Trump actually did anything but take the credit. There is no confirmation from China. The UCLA players said they were called by Kelly and they spoke to him. The PAc 12 said the US State Department was working closely with the Chinese, and that was before Trump had even arrived.

I think Lavar should have kept his mouth shut but the responses from Trump have just yet again shown his lack of character. First one he said I should have left your son in jail, the 2nd one said he should have waited until his next trip to China to get him out of jail. His constant need for pats on the back is just ridiculous.

I do wish Lavar would let it go, he's done enough harm and put Lonzo in a bad situation and now he's doing it to Gelo.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Stanford not competitive on their home floor with UNC. Tough day for the P12. Three or four teams making the tourney this year?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Porter, Jr. out for the season.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah what a bummer for that kid, and it's spinal surgery not the hip so that's got to be a concern.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Well it could always be worse. Trier could've gone pro which meant Bowen to AZ. Surprised we haven't heard anything on Book lately.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Helluva game last night quarters of Nike 80 tourney between Gonzaga and Florida. 2 OTs 111-108 Gators.

2 sweet 16 teams easily.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Check out this twitter thread. Playing 3-on-5 for much of the second half, Collin Sexton nearly led a comeback win with 40 points!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kevin O'Connor‏Verified account@KevinOConnorNBA 3m3 minutes ago
Collin Sexton's hustle down the stretch was incredible. He was exhausted, on his last legs, yet kept Alabama in the game, dropping 40 points. He hustled and hit major 3s against pressure, showed grit and mental toughness. Sexton left no room for doubt that he's a total baller.