Colin Cowherd on Kyler and coaching situation we are in ....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Highlights only show the good stuff. He didn't play great in the first three games. He made some great plays, especially against deh raiduhs, but he didn't play great.
He said 2021, not 2022 Stout.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you're saying Bidwill can be so inept as to be 100 percent wrong and pay hundreds of millions because of it? But @BritCard says we're not a joke of an organization!

I mean, its about $40m, and much of it will end up being offset.

And its not unusual. Coaches get fired with a tonne of money left frequently.

If you think potential hires are thinking "I'm not going there because they extend guys too early" I'm not sure what to tell you.

I don't know why fans are so butt hurt about this. It's Mike's money. It doesn't effect us in any way, and nobody in NFL circles is saying "Ha Ha. Silly Cards". Both would still have been here last year extension or not.

I'm just glad he did it. I was convinced he wouldn't.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you think potential hires are thinking "I'm not going there because they extend guys too early" I'm not sure what to tell you.

I don't know why fans are so butt hurt about this. It's Mike's money. It doesn't effect us in any way, and nobody in NFL circles is saying "Ha Ha. Silly Cards". Both would still have been here last year extension or not.

It’s not unusual for a coach to be fired… right after he signed a FIVE YEAR EXTENSION WHICH HADNT EVEN STARTED?!

Thank God he made the move, but the idea that it’s not unusual to do so is straight up hilarity and has convinced me that you are Mike Bidwill’s burner account.

Okay…

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the part that is false. People around the NFL have been considering the Cards organization as boobs since Kliff was hired if not before.

I was talking for this specific instance of firing them both after extensions. Nobody outside this fan base could care less.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not unusual for a coach to be fired… right after he signed a FIVE YEAR EXTENSION WHICH HADNT EVEN STARTED?!

Thank God he made the move, but the idea that it’s not unusual to do so is straight up hilarity and has convinced me that you are Mike Bidwill’s burner account.

Okay…

Who cares? Seriously. You think anyone cares when they were extended?

They started 10-2. Made the playoffs. Mike decided things were looking up. It was dumb.

But really nobody could give a crap. I'm not sure why fans do so much.

Would y'all prefer he waited another year so it wasn't before they kicked in? As most owners would.

It makes zero difference to anything other than Mike's wallet.

He could easily have said "it was injuries" and rolled on. As we expected.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Kliff/Keim extensions right after Burkhardt’s manifesto was no coincidence. It was an extremely poor/embarrassing way to send a message to your franchise QB and his agent by rewarding two guys that had no business getting extended. Then they feel like Burkhardt/Kyler got over on them regarding the contract so they throw in an embarrassing clause before removing it a day later. I still doubt Ian Rappaport’s story of just randomly going thru the details one day and seeing/reporting it. You either pay your QB and throw your support behind or you don’t extend him because you don’t think he puts in the work. Kyler deserves some blame for his lack of development but the owner/GM aren’t supposed to be the ones making moves based on emotions and insecurity.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
To be clear I've been saying Caleb was my favorite QB in college for awhile now, since when he was at OU. But if you asked me to compare him to an NFL QB, it would be Kyler Murray. He's taller than Kyler but he's listed at 6'1" and he's not that tall, strong arm, outstanding runner, can throw from different angles etc but like Kyler he often throws off balance when he doesn't have to. He has this weird habit of holding the ball down low, not as a play fake to the point you sometimes think the play must have been blown dead but it's not. He turns his back on the defense WAY too often, that get out the back door spin move Kyler does, Caleb does it a ton. He's very reliant on arm strength.

I have no idea if he's a hard worker, seems to be more outgoing than Kyler. But yeah if we're bad enough this coming season to get a shot at Caleb Williams it would be very tempting to take him, he has a very high ceiling.
Caleb Williams is a dog and plays plays with an FU attitude. He’s Baker Mayfield with 15% more talent and self-awareness. Clear #1 pick next year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Caleb Williams is a dog and plays plays with an FU attitude. He’s Baker Mayfield with 15% more talent and self-awareness. Clear #1 pick next year.
Ehhh, idk about this.

He ain’t that far off from Baker personality wise, probably even less self-aware, but he’s clearly way more talented than Baker.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Who cares? Seriously. You think anyone cares when they were extended?

They started 10-2. Made the playoffs. Mike decided things were looking up. It was dumb.

But really nobody could give a crap. I'm not sure why fans do so much.

Would y'all prefer he waited another year so it wasn't before they kicked in? As most owners would.

It makes zero difference to anything other than Mike's wallet.

He could easily have said "it was injuries" and rolled on. As we expected.
This is false also. Cards we’re a national story for how dumb the extensions were when they happened, and most stories about Kliff’s firing also mentioned that he was Actually Extended 10 Months Prior LOL.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
MB wants to win and was sold the narrative that the team was trending upwards. He was too quick to pull the trigger on those extensions espically after the team wet the bed in key games. That is on him.

In saying that, this team has enjoyed far more success under MB than his father. We have moved out of the bottom of the league to middle of the pack. Whether we can ascend further is up to MB's ability to learn from his mistakes.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
MB wants to win and was sold the narrative that the team was trending upwards. He was too quick to pull the trigger on those extensions espically after the team wet the bed in key games. That is on him.

In saying that, this team has enjoyed far more success under MB than his father. We have moved out of the bottom of the league to middle of the pack. Whether we can ascend further is up to MB's ability to learn from his mistakes.
100% this.

The last GM and Bidwill himself made some big mistakes.

2023 will be a 3-14 to 5-12 season and I wouldn't blame anybody if we get the #1 pick.

Then it is up to HC and GM if they want a new QB and do what Colin said or maybe kyler returns the last part and plays well and maybe we still have a top 5 pick which can be a top OLB/DT/DE/OL/CB who knows. But for now one step at the time. We were really bad with kyler, who knows who we are without him when the season starts. Who knows if Kyler ever will play at the same level. We have to wait and see.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I'm sorry, but Kyler himself is getting far, far more than that.

Look, I get that you're a blind Cards supporter. You were asked for "proof" that this ownership stinks. There is proof, in spades, it was shoved under your nose, and you predictably scoffed at it because...well, it doesn't fit your narrative, so of course it must not be true lol

Mouth. Of. Sauron.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Look, I get that you're a blind Cards supporter. You were asked for "proof" that this ownership stinks. There is proof, in spades, it was shoved under your nose, and you predictably scoffed at it because...well, it doesn't fit your narrative, so of course it must not be true lol

Mouth. Of. Sauron.
Mike isn't the worst owner in the league... and he is not too old to change, like we saw now with the outside hiring.

Yes the Cards are not the #1 pick for anybody, but they are at least not 199x Cardinals bad anymore.

If Mike can increase again from 199x to arians time, than he might have the chance to win at least 1 SB.

Guys we were closer to a SB in the last 20 years then from 1948 till 2003

We have 1 less division titel and 1 less play-off berth and 1 more conference titel and 1 more conference championship game since Mike took over, then in the whole history of the Cards before him.

I know going from worst franchise to middle of the pack seems a minimum, but you have to do it first.

2012 Wisenhunt and Greaves had to go, and 11 years after that Keim and Kliff had to go. meanwhile in 11 years we had 3 HC.

Look we are not back in the 1920 yet, but maybe ... that time comes again where the Cards had a winning % of over 60% of the games, would be nice, but hopefully that time comes again.

Meanwhile yes, we aren't that good like brit says, we aren't that bad as you paint it, somewhere in between, depending on viewpoint and on what happens in the next years. Clearly we are in a crucial point of Mikes time as an owner, if he messes this up, he might get the loser stamp.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Mike isn't the worst owner in the league... and he is not too old to change, like we saw now with the outside hiring.

Yes the Cards are not the #1 pick for anybody, but they are at least not 199x Cardinals bad anymore.

If Mike can increase again from 199x to arians time, than he might have the chance to win at least 1 SB.

Guys we were closer to a SB in the last 20 years then from 1948 till 2003

We have 1 less division titel and 1 less play-off berth and 1 more conference titel and 1 more conference championship game since Mike took over, then in the whole history of the Cards before him.

I know going from worst franchise to middle of the pack seems a minimum, but you have to do it first.

2012 Wisenhunt and Greaves had to go, and 11 years after that Keim and Kliff had to go. meanwhile in 11 years we had 3 HC.

Look we are not back in the 1920 yet, but maybe ... that time comes again where the Cards had a winning % of over 60% of the games, would be nice, but hopefully that time comes again.

Meanwhile yes, we aren't that good like brit says, we aren't that bad as you paint it, somewhere in between, depending on viewpoint and on what happens in the next years. Clearly we are in a crucial point of Mikes time as an owner, if he messes this up, he might get the loser stamp.
It’s also worth pointing out that current collective bargaining rules create a significantly more level playing field than in the 1990’s and before which has helped our cause.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was talking for this specific instance of firing them both after extensions. Nobody outside this fan base could care less.
Let me get this straight, kyler murray does nothing and you think everyone in the world defines him by it. Bidwill makes an idiotic move and you think no one thinks worse of him/organization. Your double standards are blazing!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Kliff/Keim extensions right after Burkhardt’s manifesto was no coincidence. It was an extremely poor/embarrassing way to send a message to your franchise QB and his agent by rewarding two guys that had no business getting extended. Then they feel like Burkhardt/Kyler got over on them regarding the contract so they throw in an embarrassing clause before removing it a day later. I still doubt Ian Rappaport’s story of just randomly going thru the details one day and seeing/reporting it. You either pay your QB and throw your support behind or you don’t extend him because you don’t think he puts in the work. Kyler deserves some blame for his lack of development but the owner/GM aren’t supposed to be the ones making moves based on emotions and insecurity.
Right. The organization was lambasted last offseason but apparently that’s every owner not Rooney. Lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Mouth. Of. Sauron.

"We're just like everyone else" is not proof were some exceptionally bad org. Where is the spades anyway? Literally the only thing you have come up with is "We extended Kliff then fired him following the next season".

The Rams fired Jeff Fisher 8 DAYS after extending him. 8 DAYS! And this was after 5 consecutive losing seasons. And this was also before that extension kicked in. Yet nobody remembers this. Nobody thinks the Rams are a laughing stock.

Everyone agrees the extensions were a bad decision. Are they some kind of indicator that the Cards are worse than anyone else? No they are not.

Is there a Lord of the Rings character that just perpetually moans. about. everything?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is false also. Cards we’re a national story for how dumb the extensions were when they happened, and most stories about Kliff’s firing also mentioned that he was Actually Extended 10 Months Prior LOL.

I can't see any national story on the Kliff and Keim extensions being dumb when they were made.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose