Cobra Kai (Netflix)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's starting to feel like The Walking Dead. It's the same thing over and over just with a new "bad guy" for the season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't like episode 9 much but 10 was great.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished this season! The last few episodes were fantastic! It did start off a tad bit wonky though. Excited for season 6. I read today that they have a few more seasons planned and then a spin off!

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Finally finished this last night.

I think this quote from a specifically entertainment-focused forum sums up the season and the franchise for me:

Just finished. This show has no right being as good and fun as it is. The show is not high art and knows its not high art but just does what it sets out to do very well.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, Ralph is 60 and Pat Morita was 52 in the first Karate Kid. Still crazy!

Also Johnny is 56 in real life. So when the Karate Kid came out, Johnny was 19 and Ralph was 23. Ralph has amazing genes!

Now, the craziest!!! Terry Silver is also 60 in real life, so was the same age as Ralph and 16 years younger than Krese, who he supposedly served in Vietnam with!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very entertaining as always. the water park ep was funny....how do the rival karate gangs always end up at the same location in the sprawl of LA? Roller skating rinks, water parks, next....They all end up at the same starbucks!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Very entertaining as always. the water park ep was funny....how do the rival karate gangs always end up at the same location in the sprawl of LA? Roller skating rinks, water parks, next....They all end up at the same starbucks!
Maybe because their parents don’t want to brave an hour in LA traffic.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They’re in the valley so they all go to the closest places. They’re valley teens. They aren’t going to be running all over LA.

BTW, is it just me or does it feel like there’s another season coming with krease?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re in the valley so they all go to the closest places. They’re valley teens. They aren’t going to be running all over LA.

BTW, is it just me or does it feel like there’s another season coming with krease?
Thought the end scene made it obvious

even closest places, just that they all go to the same place each time is funny. Same day, same time, etc

Realistically they just wanted to sell them all being in swimsuits and etc but I just thought that was funny.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think they left it open ended that way on purpose even if there is not another season. I know multiple actors on the show have expressed they would like to see the show end. Not because they don't enjoy it but it supposed to be about "kids" and multiple cast members could have graduated by now.

I thought it was a fitting ending but who knows. Maybe they just slowly replace some of the older cast members and continue for a bit. I just don't want to see them go out on a low note on the show. It's been a fun ride.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think they left it open ended that way on purpose even if there is not another season. I know multiple actors on the show have expressed they would like to see the show end. Not because they don't enjoy it but it supposed to be about "kids" and multiple cast members could have graduated by now.

I thought it was a fitting ending but who knows. Maybe they just slowly replace some of the older cast members and continue for a bit. I just don't want to see them go out on a low note on the show. It's been a fun ride.
Huh? It totally ended on a tacked-on cliffhanger. If they wanted to just end it, there is no reason to have the last couple minutes of the finale.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? It totally ended on a tacked-on cliffhanger. If they wanted to just end it, there is no reason to have the last couple minutes of the finale.
I gotta believe next season is the big Karate Tournament overseas… maybe have season that is like Karate Kid 2.

They’ve made a big deal about the father of Cobra Kai who trained Kreese and Silver, but were shifty about ever showing his face. Maybe that because they were setting up a new big bad and they’ll stunt cast whoever it ends up being.

I don’t know where else they go from here that’ll be interesting.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I gotta believe next season is the big Karate Tournament overseas… maybe have season that is like Karate Kid 2.

They’ve made a big deal about the father of Cobra Kai who trained Kreese and Silver, but were shifty about ever showing his face. Maybe that because they were setting up a new big bad and they’ll stunt cast whoever it ends up being.

I don’t know where else they go from here that’ll be interesting.
I always thought the big karate tournament might be the upcoming movie. Maybe season 6 is the lead up to that with the movie being the "end" of the series...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The amount of teenagers that are into the show, I am sure it is securing huge profit and wants nothing to do with ending.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The amount of teenagers that are into the show, I am sure it is securing huge profit and wants nothing to do with ending.
That plus the fact that the show looks like it’s shot on stages made of cardboard and Macchio and Zabka probably don’t cost a fortune, the ROI has to be huge compared to most shows that get to season 5 and 6 where budgets usually spiral out of control.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of. I mean he got out but everything is pretty wrapped up. They showrunners said they did that on purpose to give a slight chance another season could come. It wasn't like someone's life was hanging on the balance type cliffhanger. Even the music for that scene "I did it my way" was sort of alluding to his part is done. Even a couple of the kid actors know the show doesn't have much more to explore. International tournament? Maybe.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

If that was end it didn’t feel like it. I’d be disappointed if that was the end.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
between the no mercy mfer note and kreese being alive still, it is obvious they plan on another season with kreese being back.

IMO