Cobra Kai (Netflix)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TOTALLY ridiculous, but I think That’s when the show is at its best. Might as well totally lean all the way in! You can’t tell me those dudes probably couldn’t use the work.

I mean... the reveal of the last shot just didn’t do anything for me. They already did that arc and no one cares about that dude.

But Lamar to Ogre to JCVD?! Peoples heads would explode.

I felt him coming once Robby started teaching the CK's Miyagi-Do. Once it started getting too late into the season for that, I knew we'd have some type of cliffhanger bringing him back.

As far as crossovers, how about bringing in a Hollywood screenwriter on a path of self destruction and Liz Shue comes back to get into a very unhealthy relationship with him?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly i forgot to watch new season was it any good truthhfully i saw first Also how were elizabeth shue scenes man she was hot :)

No mercy daniel son!! Lol

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
My wife and I just finished up season 4 last night and were thoroughly entertained. It's a drag we have to wait until late fall for season 5.
Im excited Chozen will be joining Daniel in training his students in more of the tradition art of karate. Im thinking the forgotten scroll in which he gave to Daniel will come to light again and reveal its meaning in a more aggressive fighting style?

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They should kill Larusso. The show is starting to revolve too much around that family and it’s much better when it revolves around Johnny and Miguel as it did to start the series.
Big +1 to this. The show is at its best when Johnny is being Johnny and Daniel is more of a supporting character.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly i forgot to watch new season was it any good truthhfully i saw first Also how were elizabeth shue scenes man she was hot :)

No mercy daniel son!! Lol

Unfortunately no Elizabeth Shue. She wrapped up her story in season 3.

If you liked the rest of the series though then I can't see disliking this season. It's just a matter of how much you enjoy it. I think season 3 was the best so far so I'm not surprised it dipped some in quality but it's hard to rank the other seasons because they all have their strengths with very few missteps.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is surprising how good this show is. Finished the last season in just a few days. I will say, the final female battle was nowhere near as exciting as the male battle. They could have done a better job with the girls fight scene. beyond that I absolutely loved everything.
I don’t think they could have improved it due to the limited abilities of larusso’s daughter. She’s not much of an athlete.

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think they could have improved it due to the limited abilities of larusso’s daughter. She’s not much of an athlete.
They needed to get her a lot more training between seasons when they decided to make her a focal point of this season. I don't know why they didn't. It's obvious most of the other kids have been training. Especially the guy that plays Robbie. With the way he's looking now you can tell that he knows this is his big break and wants to springboard off of it.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really didn't like how they added Daniel's wife to that storyline. I've found it more entertaining than Miguel vs Robbie and on par with Daniel vs Johnny but they really went full After School Special with it having Daniel's wife feel bad for Tori.

Don't remember Daniel's wife's name. I really don't care for her. Probably the only character I wish was scaled back a tremendous amount.

That's the big perspective flip

The original had Daniel as the poor kid from the rough background being picked on and feeling inferior to the rich entitled kids.

Now his daughter is the rich entitled kid battling with a girl from a rough background

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought the younger son losing a ton of weight was much more distracting than Miguel.

I thought Miguel looked a little different but couldn't place why. I guess he put on some weight though.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They needed to get her a lot more training between seasons when they decided to make her a focal point of this season. I don't know why they didn't. It's obvious most of the other kids have been training. Especially the guy that plays Robbie. With the way he's looking now you can tell that he knows this is his big break and wants to springboard off of it.

I found Miguel’s weight gain super distracting

I thought the younger son losing a ton of weight was much more distracting than Miguel.

I thought Miguel looked a little different but couldn't place why. I guess he put on some weight though.
yeah... Miguel put on a bit of weight for someone doing karate on the daily.

And yeah, Daniels son looks like he grew a foot lol

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
yeah... Miguel put on a bit of weight for someone doing karate on the daily.

And yeah, Daniels son looks like he grew a foot lol
I thought they recast his son because he had a bigger role this season. But I barely paid attention to him in earlier seasons so I’m not sure it’s the same actor.

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought they recast his son because he had a bigger role this season. But I barely paid attention to him in earlier seasons so I’m not sure it’s the same actor.
I wasn't sure if they recast either. Going by IMDB it's the same actor, Griffin Santopietro. They have him listed for all of the seasons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardsunsfan