Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 2 1/2 episodes into season 5 so far I really don't like Season 5 I hope it gets better. I don't like the Mexico angle at all.

Plus the kids angle, I read an interview where Tori said I think she's 26 in real life she said most of us in the show are out of college already I actually asked what grade am I supposed to be in, how old am I supposed to be because she said our ages are so confusing to the actors in the show too when are we going to graduate etc.

I hope it gets better Episode 3 started out a bit better at least.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 2 1/2 episodes into season 5 so far I really don't like Season 5 I hope it gets better. I don't like the Mexico angle at all.

Plus the kids angle, I read an interview where Tori said I think she's 26 in real life she said most of us in the show are out of college already I actually asked what grade am I supposed to be in, how old am I supposed to be because she said our ages are so confusing to the actors in the show too when are we going to graduate etc.

Tory Nichols is played by Peyton List who is currently 24. Not unusual for high school kids to be played by slightly older actors and actresses. For example, Olivia Newton-John was 29 in Grease when she played a high school senior.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tory Nichols is played by Peyton List who is currently 24. Not unusual for high school kids to be played by slightly older actors and actresses. For example, Olivia Newton-John was 29 in Grease when she played a high school senior.

Right the article says it's an old issue it's why lots of shows don't like to have casts of highschool kids they use older actors to avoid limits on hours they can work but then the kids "age out" and it becomes problematic.

I think this is the article I read

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The first half of season 5 was really goofy and I wasn't liking the writing at all. I'm surprised they didn't give Terry Silver a moustache to twirl. Chozen is definitely a highlight of the entire season, IMO, and the season is worth watching just for him.

Second half of the season was MUCH better. Funny enough, it also marks the point in the season when
Daniel and Johnny finally got together.

There's definitely lead in to a possible season 6, but not sure what they are going to do with it.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

It gets better. I was with you through the first 4 episodes. I thought they were dragging and didn't have the spark that the first 4 seasons had. The mexico story line and Silver were not clicking for me at all. Last night I watched E5 and E6 and the show turned for me. I enjoyed them a lot more and they felt more like the previous seasons.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It gets better. I was with you through the first 4 episodes. I thought they were dragging and didn't have the spark that the first 4 seasons had. The mexico story line and Silver were not clicking for me at all. Last night I watched E5 and E6 and the show turned for me. I enjoyed them a lot more and they felt more like the previous seasons.

Good to hear. A friend of mine watched the first 2 after binging season 4 over the weekend and she said the same thing I did not like the start of season 5 at all

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Good to hear. A friend of mine watched the first 2 after binging season 4 over the weekend and she said the same thing I did not like the start of season 5 at all
I've watched the first 8 episodes now and can say that it really picks up. 7 & 8 last night were filled with the ridiculousness that I loved in the first 4 seasons.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just finished watching season 5. Second half of the season is way better. There definitely could be another season, but if not, I did like how they ended this season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just finished watching season 5. Second half of the season is way better. There definitely could be another season, but if not, I did like how they ended this season.
I felt like that last scene was tacked on when they got word that they were going to get renewed. Think about it, if they knew they weren't getting renewed, they could literally remove that scene and the series could end.

Remember, the detective said, "Oh you didn't hear?" and then CUT. He could have been referring to Kreese being killed or Kreese escaping. I thought it was blatantly apparent that there is going to be a season 6. I image this is actually a pretty cheap show to make for Netflix, and it's a huge hit, so why not? The cast certainly seem like they are having a blast.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt like that last scene was tacked on when they got word that they were going to get renewed. Think about it, if they knew they weren't getting renewed, they could literally remove that scene and the series could end.

Remember, the detective said, "Oh you didn't hear?" and then CUT. He could have been referring to Kreese being killed or Kreese escaping. I thought it was blatantly apparent that there is going to be a season 6. I image this is actually a pretty cheap show to make for Netflix, and it's a huge hit, so why not? The cast certainly seem like they are having a blast.
And there is still one person that needs to make an appearance, so hopefully they are added!

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m enjoying it so far on episode 7

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

I could totally see that being the case. If we get a S6 and beyond I think they need to change things up. They started doing it a little bit this season with Anthony and Kenny but I think they need to do like Friday Night Lights and transition to a new set of kids. Sam, Robby, and Miguel will probably have to be around in some form due to family but Eli, Demetri, etc. should be heading off to college.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is terrible. Like… beyond terrible. The writing is awful, the performances are somehow worse and it looks like it’s been shot for two dollars.

And yet I keep watching.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is terrible. Like… beyond terrible. The writing is awful, the performances are somehow worse and it looks like it’s been shot for two dollars.

And yet I keep watching.
Nostalgia crack. I love this show despite all of that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol… end of the 3rd episode was appropriately ridiculous.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How this show keeps roping Paul Walter Hauser back as Stingray is one of Hollywood’s greatest mysteries.

This dude is one of the best actors in Hollywood right now and he keeps hilariously slumming it in this show. It only makes the show more confounding and ridiculous.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yoooooo… Teen Witch is in this?! Holy cow! Talking about Top That!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay… it took a while, but show has reached ludicrous speed again.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
How this show keeps roping Paul Walter Hauser back as Stingray is one of Hollywood’s greatest mysteries.

This dude is one of the best actors in Hollywood right now and he keeps hilariously slumming it in this show. It only makes the show more confounding and ridiculous.
How could he not want to be part of this ridiculousness?

It has to be fun getting to be this over the top after some of the more serious roles that he's done.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How could he not want to be part of this ridiculousness?

It has to be fun getting to be this over the top after some of the more serious roles that he's done.
That's my thinking. Being an over-the-top character has to be fun to play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my thinking. Being an over-the-top character has to be fun to play.
But it’s not like he’s even given a lot to even do. It’s just such a great actor doing such a nothing part. Especially the last couple years.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it’s not like he’s even given a lot to even do. It’s just such a great actor doing such a nothing part. Especially the last couple years.
Which is exactly why it has to be fun for him. There is no other explanation.