Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by offset, Aug 4, 2017.

1. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Didactic

I hope you're saying that with deference to William Zabka, who has been amazing in his scenes.

2. WaywardFan

WaywardFan Waywardier than before Contributor

I tried this way back when the first season came out and couldn't get into it after like 2 or 3 episodes. Knowing they go to Okinawa (actually Okinawa), where I lived a long time ago, makes me want to give it another shot.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  3. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

When you first start to watch it, you don't really know where it's going. I felt like the producers weren't sure just how much Daniel they were going to put in the show. It seemed like they were just going to go all-in on Johnny and his misadventures.

I don't know if getting Daniel in as one of the main characters was the original plan, but once they brought him in with equal time, the show really takes off.

4. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

From all I've read the plan originally was a series for Johnny only with Daniel only being mentioned. They hoped he'd do a cameo or show up 2-3 times in the first season. Ralph Machio had essentially retired from acting and wanted nothing to do with Karate Kid. He's said he's been pitched ideas for almost 3 decades to get him to return as Daniel Larusso but he had zero interest. This series sold him though. What was initially going to be a very short guest spot turned into a full fledged return. I'm glad he did return because I don't think we'd be going into season 4 without his inclusion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  5. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

I'm not sure if Zabka can do any other character, but I agree, he's been the most compelling actor in the series.

Of course,
    Liz Shue came in guns a blazin' which was to be expected. She's so great that I'm still crushing on her thirty-odd years later.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  6. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

yup. she's still amazing in every way. lights up a screen any time she's on it.

she had to have retired early or something, right? I can't imagine how she wouldn't have continued to blow up as a star after the 80's.

7. StreetTruckinTitan

StreetTruckinTitan You talkin' to me?

Loved her in Leaving Las Vegas in 1995. Nominated for an Academy Award. Enjoyed her in The Boys as well.

8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

It’s interesting bc she looked so much older and severe in the boys but in this she looks just like she did in the 80s.

9. StreetTruckinTitan

StreetTruckinTitan You talkin' to me?

I havent seen the new season yet. Looking forward to seeing her as Ali again.

10. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

Have really enjoyed season 3 cool Elizabeth shue made an appearance she is gorgeous and a talented actress!!

Also love that chosen is in it amazing scene!!! Hope a lot more of him

Also always good johnny scene

No mercy!!! Honk :) lol

Ronin likes this.
  11. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

Anybody know that he has been nominated for an Academy Award? Albeit not for acting...