Clippers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 4-28-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I watch the games and then read the game threads after. It's usually a hoot.

Takeaways here.

1. Not having Kawhi in the game is a bummer. I usually don't care about this, but it just leaves that little bit of doubt in the minds of the Suns should they face the Clips in the playoffs. But it's out of their control. You have to play the teams you face. So this was taking care of business.
2. Frank has earned a spot ahead of Saric. He plays solid big man ball but has a nice three to go with it. Frank is not athletic but uses his size and is even playing decent D. We are better when he is in the rotation.
3. Cam Payne seems to be gaining confidence with each game. He is a potential starting pg somewhere soon. Probably not a starting pg on a championship caliber team but more than a back up. Hope we can keep him this summer.
4. People keep saying that Ayton doesn't know how to block out on rebounds. He does. I watch him do it all the time. Its just that when he doesn't do it, its so easy to see. He has good long stretches and then seems to forget for an entire game. Its weird.

I am still adjusting to the idea that we are going to the playoffs. Hasnt sunk in yet.
watching the clippers post game that’s all they could talk about - how the suns couldn’t beat a full clippers team in a 7 game series. They’d talk for a minute about what actually happened in the game but couldn’t help themselves but keep returning to “yeah but . . . full team . . . 7 game series.” I smirking about them being poor losers. I’m not saying they’re wrong. I hate a matchup with them. But the fact they couldn’t just admit the defeat was lame and comical.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
watching the clippers post game that’s all they could talk about - how the suns couldn’t beat a full clippers team in a 7 game series. They’d talk for a minute about what actually happened in the game but couldn’t help themselves but keep returning to “yeah but . . . full team . . . 7 game series.” I smirking about them being poor losers. I’m not saying they’re wrong. I hate a matchup with them. But the fact they couldn’t just admit the defeat was lame and comical.

that is the most entitled team that has accomplished nothing I've ever seen.

I hate the matchup with them if they're healthy too, but after such an embarassing exit last season, you'd think the announcers would have a little humility.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
We were missing Crowder and Saric too. They are in no way comparable to Kahwi, of course, but neither team was at full strength. You have to win the games you play. Can't change the rest.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We were missing Crowder and Saric too. They are in no way comparable to Kahwi, of course, but neither team was at full strength. You have to win the games you play. Can't change the rest.
What, you don't think the, "No, keep the #1 seed no matter if you win or lose since you don't have Mitchell or Conley" line is viable?

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
What, you don't think the, "No, keep the #1 seed no matter if you win or lose since you don't have Mitchell or Conley" line is viable?
I must be dense. Not following. My guess, from the sarcastic tone of the post, the answer would be "no" but I am not sure.

BTW. Since they don't have Mitchell or Conley and since the #2 seed with a matchup potentially against Portland/Memphis might be better for the Suns than the #1 seed, why not rest CP3 for the Utah game?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
@Chaplin:

out of curiosity I went back and checked. From 9:16pm (when game roughly ended from posts in the game thread) to now here’s what I posted in all suns threads:

posted 34 times.
- 6 were negative (one of which was a whopping post of “agreed” to someone else’s negative post)
- 9 were positive
- 8 were neutral (not a topic that was negative or positive)
- 4 were about Chris sanders “******** posts”
- 7 were arguing with you

6/34 = 17.6% negative

not a majority.
Nowhere close to “90%”
And I’ve written more posts defending myself against you than were negative in the first place

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I must be dense. Not following. My guess, from the sarcastic tone of the post, the answer would be "no" but I am not sure.

BTW. Since they don't have Mitchell or Conley and since the #2 seed with a matchup potentially against Portland/Memphis might be better for the Suns than the #1 seed, why not rest CP3 for the Utah game?
You prefer to face Portland over either San Antonio or Dallas? I’d prefer the latter.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
@Chaplin:

out of curiosity I went back and checked. From 9:16pm (when game roughly ended from posts in the game thread) to now here’s what I posted in all suns threads:

posted 34 times.
- 6 were negative (one of which was a whopping post of “agreed” to someone else’s negative post)
- 9 were positive

6/34 = 17.6% negative

not a majority.
Nowhere close to “90%”
And I’ve written more posts defending myself against you than were negative in the first place
Stat padder.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
You prefer to face Portland over either San Antonio or Dallas? I’d prefer the latter.
I prefer Portland/Memphis.

Coaching matters a lot in a playoff series and I am afraid Pop will somehow figure something out. Portland has Lillard. The coaching is not what San Antonio has. It's just me, and its probably more emotional than logical.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Chaplin:

posted 34 times.
- 9 were positive

6/34 = 17.6% negative

not a majority.
Nowhere close to “90%”

slow work day, huh?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
@Chaplin:

posted 34 times.
- 9 were positive

6/34 = 17.6% negative

not a majority.
Nowhere close to “90%”
I can't lie, that's amazing. I'll shut up from now on.