Clippers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 4-28-2021

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that’s not an excuse. We double George and he still torches us.

Right. PG makes and incredible play and hits a circus shots and it’s OMG AYTON IS KILLING US!!!

no big time guys make big time plays when you need them and Booker ain’t been big time in a close 4th in a minute.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Feels like forever.
Yeah think about it...

Old man Nash
Hornacek, Earl Watson, Igor...
Hedo Turkoglu
Michael Beasley
Hakim Warrick
Mike James
Isaiah Canaan
Isaiah Thomas/Eric Bledsoe/Goran Dragic
Dragan Bender
Josh Jackson
Kendall Marshall
Alex Len
The Morris twins

All gone. Poof

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton and Cam couldn’t throw it in the ocean tonight a combined 3/15 but both played lock down D
Yeah that’s not what I saw from Ayton. I saw guys shoot over the top of him and drive the ball on him. And him foul and-1s. He’s had some great defensive efforts this year - not tonight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah that’s not what I saw from Ayton. I saw guys shoot over the top of him and drive the ball on him. And him foul and-1s. He’s had some great defensive efforts this year - not tonight.

Well...you know

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man am I stoked for Friday... I can't believe the Suns are eclipsing my normal love for the NFL Draft, but Friday is all I can think about!
Suns playing for top record in the league can do that!!!! And I LOVE THE DRAFT!

So we beat the clips - keim effs up - then suns beat Utah! Great three days!!!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right. PG makes and incredible play and hits a circus shots and it’s OMG AYTON IS KILLING US!!!

no big time guys make big time plays when you need them and Booker ain’t been big time in a close 4th in a minute.

What is really driving me crazy is the double comes on booker and he still holds the ball for like 5 seconds, and usually ends up throwing up a bad shot, or passing it too late in the clock.

It’s not a coincidence we closed the last two games out by going with Paul at the end instead of booker. I hope it stays that way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah think about it...

Old man Nash
Hornacek, Earl Watson, Igor...
Hedo Turkoglu
Michael Beasley
Hakim Warrick
Mike James
Isaiah Canaan
Isaiah Thomas/Eric Bledsoe/Goran Dragic
Dragan Bender
Josh Jackson
Kendall Marshall
Alex Len
The Morris twins

All gone. Poof
I never want to think about all that again. Ever.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is really driving me crazy is the double comes on booker and he still holds the ball for like 5 seconds, and usually ends up throwing up a bad shot, or passing it too late in the clock.

It’s not a coincidence we closed the last two games out by going with Paul at the end instead of booker. I hope it stays that way.

agreed. He’s got to get better when they bring guys at him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Agreed

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns playing for top record in the league can do that!!!! And I LOVE THE DRAFT!

So we beat the clips - keim effs up - then suns beat Utah! Great three days!!!

It's going to be absolutely crazy fun!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. I had insomnia a couple nights ago and watched the fourth quarters of Game 5 and 7 of the WCF finals against Seattle back in 93. Electric doesn’t begin to describe that stadium back then.

My family was driving up from Tucson during game 5 of the Laker series that year, getting into Phoenix was eerie, an absolute ghost town on the streets, eeeeeveryone was somewhere watching the game.

But, here is one of my favorite home moments.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What a killer Bell was that year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was great about that game is that they did let the lead get all the way down to 1, but showed the intestinal fortitude to close it out again. Book hit two big shots when only up one, Ayton was big on the boards and CP3 was the MVP down the stretch.

good practice for tight playoff games. But man, I’d love to get a laugher in here soon just to relieve a little of the stress the last six or seven games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty very thankful to make playoffs in only his second season coaching the Suns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My family was driving up from Tucson during game 5 of the Laker series that year, getting into Phoenix was eerie, an absolute ghost town on the streets, eeeeeveryone was somewhere watching the game.

But, here is one of my favorite home moments.

What a killer Bell was that year.

that’s my second favorite Suns team ever behind the 93 squad. They were the ULTIMATE overachievers and made such a great, gutty run, held together with string and duct-tape after Amare and KT went down and I believe would have gotten to Finals if Raja didn’t get hurt against Dallas.

but let’s see what this club can do when the bright lights go on. Can’t wait to see how we respond!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MVP chants for Chris Paul!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says the Suns arena was the loudest he has been in all season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still trying to enjoy the magnitude of the Suns making the playoffs.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
no worse than 6th seed is all we could have asked for at the beginning of the season

new mission: win a playoff round

side mission: get some damn rest, some how. the past 2 weeks have been brutal and the last 2 will be more of the same. it feels like we've already been through a tough 7 game playoff series.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul praises Devin Booker.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see the city supporting the Suns. Its been a long time since we had a winner here. They deserve support regardless IMO but an 11 year playoff drought turned a lot of people away. There are kids in high school now that probably have no memories of the Suns in the playoffs and that's crazy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Glad to see the city supporting the Suns. Its been a long time since we had a winner here. They deserve support regardless IMO but an 11 year playoff drought turned a lot of people away. There are kids in high school now that probably have no memories of the Suns in the playoffs and that's crazy.
Yup. Sort of a lost generation of fans.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Sort of a lost generation of fans.

this is a great team to get them on board. This team is SUPER likable. There’s no bad guys on it and most of the roster is young that a younger generation can grow up with.