Clippers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 4-28-2021

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
@Chaplin:

out of curiosity I went back and checked. From 9:16pm (when game roughly ended from posts in the game thread) to now here’s what I posted in all suns threads:

posted 34 times.
- 6 were negative (one of which was a whopping post of “agreed” to someone else’s negative post)
- 9 were positive
- 8 were neutral (not a topic that was negative or positive)
- 4 were about Chris sanders “******** posts”
- 7 were arguing with you

6/34 = 17.6% negative

not a majority.
Nowhere close to “90%”
And I’ve written more posts defending myself against you than were negative in the first place
I can't lie, that's amazing. I'll shut up from now on.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Guys, I couldn't really believe it even though we kept on winning. Playoffs! Playoffs. Playoffs? Hell yes. Let's try to win round one. It is a new experience (seems like). What a time to be alive (uh, except for the pandemic -- but hey, at least Donald is no longer a world leader).

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yeah think about it...

Old man Nash
Hornacek, Earl Watson, Igor...
Hedo Turkoglu
Michael Beasley
Hakim Warrick
Mike James
Isaiah Canaan
Isaiah Thomas/Eric Bledsoe/Goran Dragic
Dragan Bender
Josh Jackson
Kendall Marshall
Alex Len
The Morris twins

All gone. Poof
Not to mention surviving Terry Porter. Oof!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I drank the koolaid on that guy.

I turned against his personality (people skills) fairly early but other than that I was in his corner too for most of his time here. I started questioning his GM skills when we traded up to draft Chriss, prior to that I thought he at least had a clue when it came to judging talent but I didn't give up on him completely until Jackson flopped.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I turned against his personality (people skills) fairly early but other than that I was in his corner too for most of his time here. I started questioning his GM skills when we traded up to draft Chriss, prior to that I thought he at least had a clue when it came to judging talent but I didn't give up on him completely until Jackson flopped.

I wanted to believe in Ryan McDonough especially since I think Robert Sarver trusted him to turn the franchise around. His powers as GM were mostly unchecked until the end. This is one time Sarver would have been better off getting involved earlier.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luc or McD? Never understood anyone having anything positive about luc signing.

Me either but I remember several "finally we have a true center" kind of posts on the AOL Suns forum when we signed Luc. The mood soon changed. I think that's the first time I went a little insane following a Suns player, ended up ripping him on the board almost every time he did anything wrong. To be fair though, I was equally complimentary both times he did something positive.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Luc or McD? Never understood anyone having anything positive about luc signing.
McD.

Luc was never that big of a deal. I knew at his intro press conference it was a mistake.

Like Ainge later said, “I watched the press conference and thought “oh no, this guy actually thinks he is good!””

The reason I bought in on McD was that first year turnaround he had. McD ran the team like a message board fan. He drafted the dudes that the mocks loved. He was always looking for individual players with great athleticism but seemed to care little about leadership, work ethic, or even ball skills. He was a horrible communicator, obviously. Sarver tried to make up for that by being the team “buddy.” McD did not understand team building. He would be happy with three point guards—or none. He never valued the floor general aspect of being a pg.

and his coaching choices. ..

Last edited: