Chris Simms for GM

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh with this, I don't mind any outside the box thinking, and Lynch has been surprising, but I want a proven football executive to take the reins from MB's hands for the most part, and revamp what has been a status-quo, internal hire program for the team since we got Ferguson in 1994. That's over 25 years of an organization having one model to go off of/learn from.

I would love a proven GM as well but those people are already GM’s. Not a lot to pick from.

I would still try to throw the bank at Kevin Colbert to come here as first priority but I doubt he would.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would love a proven GM as well but those people are already GM’s. Not a lot to pick from.

I would still try to throw the bank at Kevin Colbert to come here as first priority but I doubt he would.
Well, it's not happening this year, so who knows whose contract expires or emerges as a viable future GM candidate, y'know? Caserio from NE didn't end up going to Houston, so he'd be around next year, for example.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No comment on the original post but Simms has a bit out now saying he's not convinced Washington will draft Chase Young they might move down a few slots and try and get a CB. his argument is on paper their DL is probably their biggest strength, he's not saying Young is not legit, just that Washington has bigger needs.

I read it and tried in my head to put together a package to move up and get Young that wouldn't be too high for us, but I can't really get one. I don't want to move Peterson and that's about the only high value chip we have to move up to 2nd. 8 is too low for Okudah, if they want a CB that would be their target, so we'd have to give picks and or players to get 2 for 8 and I just don't see a deal.

Still the idea of Young and Chandler Jones both rushing the passer is pretty enticing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No comment on the original post but Simms has a bit out now saying he's not convinced Washington will draft Chase Young they might move down a few slots and try and get a CB. his argument is on paper their DL is probably their biggest strength, he's not saying Young is not legit, just that Washington has bigger needs.

I read it and tried in my head to put together a package to move up and get Young that wouldn't be too high for us, but I can't really get one. I don't want to move Peterson and that's about the only high value chip we have to move up to 2nd. 8 is too low for Okudah, if they want a CB that would be their target, so we'd have to give picks and or players to get 2 for 8 and I just don't see a deal.

Still the idea of Young and Chandler Jones both rushing the passer is pretty enticing.

I could see it happening if someone wanted to give up a bunch of capital for Young. He's right in that it's not their biggest need but it would take a lot I think and is anyone willing to give up a lot for an Edge guy?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Mitch was pushing Daniel Jeremiah for GM a few weeks ago, this is how desperate we have become.

I would bet both my arms that when Keim eventually goes it will be in internal promotion. Almost certain A Dub. Mikes Grooming his as we speak. It's why he gets him involved in so much stuff.

Bidwill cares more about having a puppet who won't complain about him having his fingers in pies he shouldn't than winning games.

For all the Keim hate he is only a part of the problem. Mikey B is as much involved in personnel decisions as Keim.
Neither Keim or Bill B. operate in a vacuum.
Their method is usually filling a starting spot of greatest need 1st. It's a pretty universal method in the 1st round for most all teams, unless there's such a no brainer that falls in your lap you have to pull the trigger. And even that hasn't really worked out the best at times...Leinart.

All GM's have a great amount of input from scouts, but Keims problem is he is swayed to much in thinking that he knows better, imo. Too much reaching for potential, than highly intelligent and productive players that produce against top teams in BIG games.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither Keim or Bill B. operate in a vacuum.
Their method is usually filling a starting spot of greatest need 1st. It's a pretty universal method in the 1st round for most all teams, unless there's such a no brainer that falls in your lap you have to pull the trigger. And even that hasn't really worked out the best at times...Leinart.

All GM's have a great amount of input from scouts, but Keims problem is he is swayed to much in thinking that he knows better, imo. Too much reaching for potential, than highly intelligent and productive players that produce against top teams in BIG games.

Bill is no long with us. I think you meant Mike.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Just a comment on the original post...There are probably hundreds of fantasy football "experts" who made the same predictions...and No, they shouldn't be the GM of an NFL team. Sometimes you roll the dice and get lucky....sometimes not. It's easy to make predictions, but a lot harder when the big money is on the line.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard