Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to downplay if the Suns win again I’m Game 2. However, they only would have held court against a team that doesn’t seem to be phased by being down in a series. I won’t feel good about this series unless the Suns win Game 2 and steal one there.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns don't have a jet they could send for him? Sarver doesn't have connections? Professional athletes that regularly travel thousands of miles of month probably have connections to get where they need to be.

Get Michael Bidwill on the phone..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on cheese, that is way out of touch. If CP doesn’t have his own jet, Sarver certainly does.

It’s not out of touch. It’s reality based on experience. Do you think that Sarver just has his jet permanently docked in LA during CP3’s quarantine, Chap? Yes, Sarver has a jet... but that would mean he might need to fly that jet out to LA. That’s an hour flight. Then back to Phoenix. That’s just two hours in flight time. You also have to factor in making arrangements and times with air traffic control to make sure there’s a time to schedule arrival, departure and arrival back at airports. And we’re talking about a 12:30 tip time, which means if he tested negative for the second time today, that means they would have tested him, and then did ALL of the above? Sorry man, that’s not being out of touch. It’s REALISM.

Chap, let me ask you this... have you ever had the displeasure of being tasked with chartering a jet or dealt with private jets or this kind of thing. I ACTUALLY have personally working for Steve Golin years ago and recently have seen emergency use of Les Moonves’ private jet dealing with scheduling emergencies on NCIS and NCIS New Orleans. I assure you, CBS is just as powerful as Sarver was and Golin had his own plane. It’s not just easy as snapping your fingers.

Hell... you can just completely ignore my actual experience and we can just look at this situation via Occam’s Razor... which is the most likely reason CP3 isn’t in state is because he knows he probably knew when he tested that he wouldn’t be back for a bit.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this really the case? I know none of the Suns who got Covid have talked about it, tweeted or anything while they had it, but I don’t know that about every other player on every other team who got in. I don’t follow other teams that closely. Do you?

we’ve definitely seen people with Covid interviewed either on camera or just through sound while positive in other areas of life during this stretch.
Gotta admit, I didn’t research it, it just seems like this has been the pattern. Can’t remember anyone talking while under quarantine.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not out of touch. It’s reality based on experience. Do you think that Sarver just has his jet permanently docked in LA during CP3’s quarantine, Chap? Yes, Sarver has a jet... but that would mean he might need to fly that jet out to LA. That’s an hour flight. Then back to Phoenix. That’s just two hours in flight time. You also have to factor in making arrangements and times with air traffic control to make sure there’s a time to schedule arrival, departure and arrival back at airports. And we’re talking about a 12:30 tip time, which means if he tested negative for the second time today, that means they would have tested him, and then did ALL of the above? Sorry man, that’s not being out of touch. It’s REALISM.

Chap, let me ask you this... have you ever had the displeasure of being tasked with chartering a jet or dealt with private jets or this kind of thing. I ACTUALLY have personally working for Steve Golin years ago and recently have seen emergency use of Les Moonves’ private jet dealing with scheduling emergencies on NCIS and NCIS New Orleans. I assure you, CBS is just as powerful as Sarver was and Golin had his own plane. It’s not just easy as snapping your fingers.

Hell... you can just completely ignore my actual experience and we can just look at this situation via Occam’s Razor... which is the most likely reason CP3 isn’t in state is because he knows he probably knew when he tested that he wouldn’t be back for a bit.

For the record, when I mentioned private jet for Paul I was simply saying I wouldn't take him being in LA today as a sign he's out for game 2, or until the Suns travel to LA for game 3.

We knew he'd miss game 1 yesterday afternoon. There's plenty of time for him to get here if he can get cleared before game 2, which is still a possibility. We'll probably learn more about his game 2 availability tomorrow afternoon.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seriously? That's not good enough for you?

Monty can't comment on players in health and safety protocols, neither can James Jones, or the Suns organization. So go ahead and give up waiting to hear from them. The next thing they'll say is when he's available but won't comment more than whether he's available for a game or not.

Chris Paul is at home with his family, he's spoken to some people to get word out but he's not going to give a live interview. He's quarantining. Its standard behavior for an NBA player going through the covid protocols.

I posted a link...lighten up there bud

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
?? Did I miss something? How does that post warrant a break? Not arguing, just mystified.
He banned me and let EVERYONE else slide (and continues to let them slide) because he does like my perspective. Censorship is strong with the “tolerant”

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He banned me and let EVERYONE else slide (and continues to let them slide) because he does like my perspective. Censorship is strong with the “tolerant”
Not what happened but I will let Chris defend himself on this.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So he is just chilling in LA waiting for game 3 lol

This was my initial reaction as well.

I hope if Chris Paul clears NBA health and safety protocols he can play sooner but the chances of him being available for Game 3 are likely higher.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

This is… thorough.

You may indeed be right, but CP3’s family lives in LA. Why is it easier to believe that he’s here simply because he knows Game 3 is the earliest he is going to play vs. he’s quarantining at home, like the rest of humanity does when they are quarantining?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is… thorough.

You may indeed be right, but CP3’s family lives in LA. Why is it easier to believe that he’s here simply because he knows Game 3 is the earliest he is going to play vs. he’s quarantining at home, like the rest of humanity does when they are quarantining?

that’s a good point too. I was really more just commenting on the private plane of it all.

that said, if the idea was he could test negative on Sunday for negative test 2, there’s nothing from stopping him from leaving LA on Saturday after getting a negative test to make sure that if he tested negative on Sunday there would be no question about his availability a couple hours later. As far as we know, the NBA doesn’t have some kind of ankle bracelet on these guys monitoring where they are with Covid. And if he tested negative, he could believe that he didn’t need to keep quarantining. The second positive test is only for the NBA’s benefit to get out of the protocol.

I just think if Paul really thought he had a chance to come back yesterday and had already tested negative once, he would have found a way to get to Phoenix before yesterday in the hopes of testing negative for a second time in the morning and being back on the court as easily as possible.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
that’s a good point too. I was really more just commenting on the private plane of it all.

that said, if the idea was he could test negative on Sunday for negative test 2, there’s nothing from stopping him from leaving LA on Saturday after getting a negative test to make sure that if he tested negative on Sunday there would be no question about his availability a couple hours later. As far as we know, the NBA doesn’t have some kind of ankle bracelet on these guys monitoring where they are with Covid. And if he tested negative, he could believe that he didn’t need to keep quarantining. The second positive test is only for the NBA’s benefit to get out of the protocol.

I just think if Paul really thought he had a chance to come back yesterday and had already tested negative once, he would have found a way to get to Phoenix before yesterday in the hopes of testing negative for a second time in the morning and being back on the court as easily as possible.
I suppose that’s if he would get the ok to travel only after a single negative test. Another confusing thing about the NBAs policy we don’t know about.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do think the odd thing in all of this is that the NBA's policy is not really stated. Its all sort of a guess.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Somebody remind me again - how many NBA players have died of COVID? NFL players? MLB? NCAA athletes?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Somebody remind me again - how many NBA players have died of COVID? NFL players? MLB? NCAA athletes?
Jesus this terrible take again. It’s like you’ve read nothing about how Covid is so easily transmittable, even when asymptomatic when you can pass it to ten people who might come into contact with people at risk and kill them. I mean you’d have to be living in a hole in the ground to not know this by now.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus this terrible take again. It’s like you’ve read nothing about how Covid is so easily transmittable, even when asymptomatic when you can pass it to ten people who might come into contact with people at risk and kill them. I mean you’d have to be living in a hole in the ground to not know this by now.

My dad died of covid. 90% chance he contracted it from one of our family (we all got it around the same time). We are glad we don't know which of us it was.

Anyone see Chris hug his mom after the game? He might not be in danger, but she could be. Glad he was vaccinated. Makes everything tons less dangerous for everyone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Paul plays tomorrow. I think he comes off protocols on Wed and plays in LA Thursday night. Nothing is ever easy when your breaking a curse.

same. I’m even starting to lean on Game 4. That would be the normal 10 days needed to get out of the protocol. If we win tomorrow, we can drop Game 3 and then get CP3 back to steal Game 4 before we end it in 5.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
same. I’m even starting to lean on Game 4. That would be the normal 10 days needed to get out of the protocol. If we win tomorrow, we can drop Game 3 and then get CP3 back to steal Game 4 before we end it in 5.

Game 4.. man.. hopefully he makes it in time for the sweep..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose