Chopper's Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft (1st Round + Cardinals)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
1-Kansas City-Geno Smith-QB-West Virginia
*Say what you want, as long as the Chiefs have Branden Albert and Eric Winston, I can't see them spending the #1 pick on Luke Joeckel. They need a QB, Smith might be the best at the end of the draft process, and Reid knows you have to have a QB to be successful.

2-Jacksonville-Barkevious Mingo-OLB-LSU
*They have invested in a bunch of young players along the defensive line, are paying a good LT in Eugene Monroe, but still need to upgrade the pass defense. No player better than a Bruce Irvin type of player with a bit better size to improve Gus's new pass defense.

3-Oakland-Luke Joeckel-OT-Texas A&M
*Oakland gets the best player in the draft in Joeckel because it is too early for a QB. They could go defense, but I think they wait since it is a loaded defensive draft.

4-Philadelphia-Star Lotulelei-DT-Utah
*Rumors are Kelly might go with a 3-4 defense, and the one hole on the Eagles roster is really large, gap controlling DTs. Lotulelei gives them a guy to throw in the middle of their defense to protect their linebackers.

5-Detroit-Bjoern Werner-DE-Florida St.
*A bit more polished DE than Demontre Moore and less of a potential hybrid player. I see the Lions letting Cliff Avril go, saving the franchise money, and drafting a pass rusher to fill out their defensive line.

6-Cleveland-Jarvis Jones-LB-Georgia
*I think the Browns will see what they have in Weeden, like Gordon's potential at WR, and have a great offensive line. This means they look to improve a good defense, will most likely take the more experienced 3-4 OLB in the draft as they will be already working to convert Sheard and I doubt they want to try and convert Moore at the same time.

7-Arizona-Chance Warmack-OG-Alabama
*A ton of needs, but the line needs to become more physical if they want to have the threat of a running game in the NFC West. Warmack improves both pass blocking and run blocking, while allowing the Cardinals to move on from some bad contracts in the future.

8-Buffalo-Mike Glennon-QB-North Carolina St.
*Marrone got the best out of Ryan Nassib at Syracuse and I expect he will take his shot at getting the most out of Glennon who might have the best tools of any QB in the draft.

9-NY Jets-Damontre Moore-OLB-Texas A&M
*Rex Ryan wants to get more physical on both sides of the ball, and the team has been lacking a strong edge pass rusher. No QBs really make sense here, neither do RBs and it is a strong interior line class. Moore has some questions as he had his best year as a DE, but shows enough athleticism that the Jets try to make him fit.

10-Tennessee-Jonathan Cooper-OG-North Carolina
*The Titans really need to get more out of their offense, especially Chris Johnson. Cooper is a really good OG and could elevate their interior line to the same level as their tackles which are pretty good. They could use help on defense, but I can't see them taking a LB, and this is a very deep CB class despite lacking a true top CB.

11-San Diego-Eric Fisher-OT-Central Michigan
*The Chargers need to keep Rivers upright if they want to win, and Fisher is the LT they need to do so. This pick just makes too much sense.

12-Miami-Keenan Allen-WR-California
*Tannahill needs more weapons and Allen is the best weapon in the draft. This might change after free agency, but right now, Allen is the guy.

13-Tampa Bay-Sam Mongomery-DE-LSU
*Not a great draft to search for a rush DE in the middle rounds so the Bucs improve their pass defense by adding a pass rusher early and with the intention of using the draft's depth at CB later.

14-Carolina-Sheldon Richardson-DT-Missouri
*Carolina is terrible against the run and has a terrible interior pass rush. Richardson improves both of these and is a fiery competitor that the defense needs.

15-New Orleans-Jonathan Hankins-DT-Ohio St.
*A bunch of needs on defense for this team, but I think they see to compete with the NFC East and NFC West, they need to have a physical pressence in the middle of their defense. Hankins flashes dominance which is why he lasts until the mid 1st round, but the Saints will believe they can motivate him to do so more often.

16-St. Louis-Lane Johnson-OT-Oklahoma
*The Rams like Saffold at LT, but most people understand that he is better suited to be a RT in the NFL. Johnson has risen up the draft boards because of tremendous feet which is why the Rams are thrilled he is available. essentially improves two position on their offensive line with one pick.

17-Pittsburgh-Stepfan Taylor-RB-Stanford
*Maybe the first shocker of the draft, but it shouldn't be. Taylor showed at the Senior Bowl that he does EVERYTHING really well. For a team that will let Mendenhall go because of his struggles in pass protection and receiving, Taylor fills all of their needs. He can run with power, pass block, and provide a receiving option out of the backfield. A pretty solid fit.

18-Dallas-Dion Jordan -DE-Oregon
*Kiffen likes undersized edge rushers, and pairing Jordan with Ware at DE in Dallas' new cover 2 scheme is exactly what Jerry Jones can be sold on. Athletic edge rushers to get after Eli Manning and chase down RGIII are exactly what Dallas needs to win the division.

19-NY Giants-Ezekiel Ansah-DE-BYU
*The Giants love versatile defensive pass rushers they can rotate across their defensive front. Ansah fits this mold perfectly and can provide future relief from potential large contract deals with their current d-line players.

20-Chicago-Kyle Long-OT-Oregon
*Hard to figure the Bears can fire Lovie Smith due to an offense which failed because of the offensive line, and not address it early in this draft. Long might be a bit of a reach, but he is huge, physical and athletic enough to contribute at a high level. Cutler doesn't need a ton of help, but he does need some and Long can do that.

21-Cincinatti-Kenny Vaccaro-FS-Texas
*A great S who can shore up their deep defense. They are deep at CB, strong along the defensive line, and their offense is pretty good. Vaccaro helps prevent big plays and is athletic enough to play man coverage when needed.

22-St Louis frm Washington-Jessie Williams-DT-Alabama
*Rob Ryan needs to be able to stop the run to compete in the NFC West. Williams is a tremendous NT who can combine with Langford/Long and the kid they drafted last year to formulate a really solid defensive line.

23-Minnesota-Alec Ogletree-ILB -Georgia
*Minnesota has several needs, but getting more athletic at the LB position has to be high on the list. They have invested time and money in their defensive line, there are a ton of WRs in this draft (and they drafted two last year), and their secondary filled out well with last years new additions. Upgrading the LB position is the next logical step to supporting Ponder and their offense.

24-Indianapolis-Manti Te'o-ILB -Notre Dame
*Big, physical and athletic ILB who can help the Colts defense stop Arian Foster, MJD and Chris Johnson. He is a leader despite the girlfriend scandal, and I can't imagine Chuck Pagano not willing to give someone else a second chance. Young team and lockerroom that Te'o can move on with.

25-Seattle-Zack Ertz-TE-Stanford
*Russell Wilson got the most out of Zach Miller, and now I expect the Seahawks to give him a bit more to work with. Ertz can run, catch and block which is rare for college TEs and fits what the Seahawks want to do on offense.

26-Green Bay-John Jenkins-DT-Georgia
*Say what you want about Green Bay's defense, they lack up front other than Raji. Jenkins gives them another interior threat which can limit teams ability to double and triple team Matthews outside. Also helps against AP and Forte.

27-Houston-Dee Milliner-CB-Alabama
*Houston needs another CB opposite of Joseph and Milliner drops a bit in the draft due to not being a sure, shut down corner. However, he is still very talented and upgrades a very shaky unit on the Houston defense.

28-Denver-Eric Reid-FS-LSU
*We all saw R Moore against Baltimore and the play he missed. Reid's selection is in a way because of that play, but more because the Broncos need to get more atheltic in their secondary.

29-New England-Desmond Trufant-CB-Washington
*Physical CB who is smart, competes, and can tackle. He is a CB who allows the Pats to move McCourty to S full time.

30-Atlanta-Tyler Eifert-TE-Notre Dame
*Falcons try to replace Tony Gonzalez, and Eifert at least the stature to do it.

31-Baltimore-Kevin Minter-ILB-LSU
*This team needs to get cheaper on defense, and Minter is really talented. He isn't Ray Lewis, but he is a very good player.

32-San Francisco-Larry Warford-OG-Kentucky
*Not many needs on this team, but they did sign Leonard Davis for a reason last year and they have shown a willingness to draft linemen high. Warford is a power RG that is young, cheap and keeps this team near the top of the NFC.

*That is it. Rip to shreds if you want. Here is my Cardinals mock draft. I'm not going to project the AJ Jefferson pick or comp picks at this time.

1-Chance Warmack-OG-Alabama-6'3 320
*Arguable BPA and fills a huge need. Upgrades both running game and passing game.

2-Ryan Nassib-QB-Syracuse-6'2 228
*Arians type of QB that stands tall in the pocket, is confident, and seems cool under pressure.

3-Cornellius Carradine-DE-Florida St-6'4 265
*Coming off an injury, but still warrents a mid pick. Primarily a DE, but looks to be athletic enough to play in different fronts which the Cardinals are reporting they want to do.

4-Kenjon Barner-RB-Oregon-5'9 188
*Arians wants an explosive offense, has two physical RBs in Wells and Williams, and will need to fill the void left by LSH who I don't believe the Cardinals can afford to keep. Barner brings big plays to the running game which it has historically lacked, and doesn't require the high draft pick that would force him to play more than he is suited for.

5-Denard Robinson-WR-Michigan-5'11 197
*Another big time playmaker which Arians covets, but Robinson is a bit of a project. He is not a developed WR, but is a versatile player, can make big plays, and is elusive in the open field. A guy who seems willing to work hard in order to create a niche for himself with a NFL team.

6-Michael Williams-TE-Alabama-6'5 272
*Traditional #2 TE who will drop because of the better athletes that are drafted earlier at his position. Not flashy, but is a really good blocker, and is solid in the short/intermediate passing game. A younger, cheaper Jeff King who is a more natural blocker.

7-Greg Blair-ILB-Cincinnati-6'1 252
*Thumping, two down ILB to develop behind Paris Lenon and can play MLB in 4-3 sets. Solid last day pick who helps on special teams as well.

I edited the draft order because I was an idiot and had it wrong. Sorry.

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not saying "no" to Nassib, but, his shortcomings on the long ball are evident and a concern. And I wonder why you'd think he's an Arians' type. Given your board, there may be better choices for a second round QB.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not saying "no" to Nassib, but, his shortcomings on the long ball are evident and a concern. And I wonder why you'd think he's an Arians' type. Given your board, there may be better choices for a second round QB.

If you look at all of the QBs Arians has coached (Manning, Couch, Roethlisberger and Luck) they are all pretty smart, tough, competitive guys. They all were guys who would stand in the pocket and deliver the tough throws. Couch had some issues (was really over drafted), but he took a bunch of shots when he was in Cleveland and still hung in the pocket. Nassib is the same type of guy. Not as big as those QBs, but similar in that he plays bigger in the pocket than he is.

Just my opinion from what I have seen from Nassib and Arians in the past.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Like the Barner and Robinson picks. They are both guys that can turn a short pass or screen play into a very long play. Something that we have lacked for the most part for quite a while.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Like the Barner and Robinson picks. They are both guys that can turn a short pass or screen play into a very long play. Something that we have lacked for the most part for quite a while.

Yeah. I think Arians understands that most offenses aren't talented enough to consistently manage 10-15 play drives and that chunk yardage plays are very important. Both Barner and Robinson are versatile players who can bring some different elements to our offense which we have lacked in the past. Also, both save money as LSH will probably command about 2 mil on the open market and Early Doucet will have a similar cap hit.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is it true the Cardinals have to picks in the 6th round due to the Jefferson trade?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah. I think Arians understands that most offenses aren't talented enough to consistently manage 10-15 play drives and that chunk yardage plays are very important. Both Barner and Robinson are versatile players who can bring some different elements to our offense which we have lacked in the past. Also, both save money as LSH will probably command about 2 mil on the open market and Early Doucet will have a similar cap hit.
Another thing to take into account with Robinson is his ability to throw the ball. WR screen passes and reverse passes could be a factor with Robinson as well.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So is it true the Cardinals have to picks in the 6th round due to the Jefferson trade?
This could be wrong, but I heard somewhere that they gave up a 7th in that trade but will be getting 2 6th rounders in return.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i know trades are tough -- but--

if the top of the first plays out like you project: I would think you could trade with Buffalo

they want a qb. so do the Jets right below them -- I suspect you could smoke a pick out of them to ensure they get their guy

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
1-Kansas City-Geno Smith-QB-West Virginia
*Say what you want, as long as the Chiefs have Branden Albert and Eric Winston, I can't see them spending the #1 pick on Luke Joeckel. They need a QB, Smith might be the best at the end of the draft process, and Reid knows you have to have a QB to be successful.

2-Jacksonville-Barkevious Mingo-OLB-LSU
*They have invested in a bunch of young players along the defensive line, are paying a good LT in Eugene Monroe, but still need to upgrade the pass defense. No player better than a Bruce Irvin type of player with a bit better size to improve Gus's new pass defense.

3-Oakland-Luke Joeckel-OT-Texas A&M
*Oakland gets the best player in the draft in Joeckel because it is too early for a QB. They could go defense, but I think they wait since it is a loaded defensive draft.

4-Philadelphia-Star Lotulelei-DT-Utah
*Rumors are Kelly might go with a 3-4 defense, and the one hole on the Eagles roster is really large, gap controlling DTs. Lotulelei gives them a guy to throw in the middle of their defense to protect their linebackers.

5-Detroit-Bjoern Werner-DE-Florida St.
*A bit more polished DE than Demontre Moore and less of a potential hybrid player. I see the Lions letting Cliff Avril go, saving the franchise money, and drafting a pass rusher to fill out their defensive line.

6-Cleveland-Jarvis Jones-LB-Georgia
*I think the Browns will see what they have in Weeden, like Gordon's potential at WR, and have a great offensive line. This means they look to improve a good defense, will most likely take the more experienced 3-4 OLB in the draft as they will be already working to convert Sheard and I doubt they want to try and convert Moore at the same time.

7-Arizona-Chance Warmack-OG-Alabama
*A ton of needs, but the line needs to become more physical if they want to have the threat of a running game in the NFC West. Warmack improves both pass blocking and run blocking, while allowing the Cardinals to move on from some bad contracts in the future.

8-Buffalo-Mike Glennon-QB-North Carolina St.
*Marrone got the best out of Ryan Nassib at Syracuse and I expect he will take his shot at getting the most out of Glennon who might have the best tools of any QB in the draft.

9-NY Jets-Damontre Moore-OLB-Texas A&M
*Rex Ryan wants to get more physical on both sides of the ball, and the team has been lacking a strong edge pass rusher. No QBs really make sense here, neither do RBs and it is a strong interior line class. Moore has some questions as he had his best year as a DE, but shows enough athleticism that the Jets try to make him fit.

10-Tennessee-Jonathan Cooper-OG-North Carolina
*The Titans really need to get more out of their offense, especially Chris Johnson. Cooper is a really good OG and could elevate their interior line to the same level as their tackles which are pretty good. They could use help on defense, but I can't see them taking a LB, and this is a very deep CB class despite lacking a true top CB.

11-San Diego-Eric Fisher-OT-Central Michigan
*The Chargers need to keep Rivers upright if they want to win, and Fisher is the LT they need to do so. This pick just makes too much sense.

12-Miami-Keenan Allen-WR-California
*Tannahill needs more weapons and Allen is the best weapon in the draft. This might change after free agency, but right now, Allen is the guy.

13-Tampa Bay-Sam Mongomery-DE-LSU
*Not a great draft to search for a rush DE in the middle rounds so the Bucs improve their pass defense by adding a pass rusher early and with the intention of using the draft's depth at CB later.

14-Carolina-Sheldon Richardson-DT-Missouri
*Carolina is terrible against the run and has a terrible interior pass rush. Richardson improves both of these and is a fiery competitor that the defense needs.

15-New Orleans-Jonathan Hankins-DT-Ohio St.
*A bunch of needs on defense for this team, but I think they see to compete with the NFC East and NFC West, they need to have a physical pressence in the middle of their defense. Hankins flashes dominance which is why he lasts until the mid 1st round, but the Saints will believe they can motivate him to do so more often.

16-St. Louis-Lane Johnson-OT-Oklahoma
*The Rams like Saffold at LT, but most people understand that he is better suited to be a RT in the NFL. Johnson has risen up the draft boards because of tremendous feet which is why the Rams are thrilled he is available. essentially improves two position on their offensive line with one pick.

17-Pittsburgh-Stepfan Taylor-RB-Stanford
*Maybe the first shocker of the draft, but it shouldn't be. Taylor showed at the Senior Bowl that he does EVERYTHING really well. For a team that will let Mendenhall go because of his struggles in pass protection and receiving, Taylor fills all of their needs. He can run with power, pass block, and provide a receiving option out of the backfield. A pretty solid fit.

18-Dallas-Dion Jordan -DE-Oregon
*Kiffen likes undersized edge rushers, and pairing Jordan with Ware at DE in Dallas' new cover 2 scheme is exactly what Jerry Jones can be sold on. Athletic edge rushers to get after Eli Manning and chase down RGIII are exactly what Dallas needs to win the division.

19-NY Giants-Ezekiel Ansah-DE-BYU
*The Giants love versatile defensive pass rushers they can rotate across their defensive front. Ansah fits this mold perfectly and can provide future relief from potential large contract deals with their current d-line players.

20-Chicago-Kyle Long-OT-Oregon
*Hard to figure the Bears can fire Lovie Smith due to an offense which failed because of the offensive line, and not address it early in this draft. Long might be a bit of a reach, but he is huge, physical and athletic enough to contribute at a high level. Cutler doesn't need a ton of help, but he does need some and Long can do that.

21-Minnesota-Alec Ogletree-ILB -Georgia
*Minnesota has several needs, but getting more athletic at the LB position has to be high on the list. They have invested time and money in their defensive line, there are a ton of WRs in this draft (and they drafted two last year), and their secondary filled out well with last years new additions. Upgrading the LB position is the next logical step to supporting Ponder and their offense.

22-Cincinatti-Kenny Vaccaro-FS-Texas
*A great S who can shore up their deep defense. They are deep at CB, strong along the defensive line, and their offense is pretty good. Vaccaro helps prevent big plays and is athletic enough to play man coverage when needed.

23-St Louis frm Washington-Jessie Williams-DT-Alabama
*Rob Ryan needs to be able to stop the run to compete in the NFC West. Williams is a tremendous NT who can combine with Langford/Long and the kid they drafted last year to formulate a really solid defensive line.

24-Indianapolis-Manti Te'o-ILB -Notre Dame
*Big, physical and athletic ILB who can help the Colts defense stop Arian Foster, MJD and Chris Johnson. He is a leader despite the girlfriend scandal, and I can't imagine Chuck Pagano not willing to give someone else a second chance. Young team and lockerroom that Te'o can move on with.

25-Seattle-Zack Ertz-TE-Stanford
*Russell Wilson got the most out of Zach Miller, and now I expect the Seahawks to give him a bit more to work with. Ertz can run, catch and block which is rare for college TEs and fits what the Seahawks want to do on offense.

26-Green Bay-John Jenkins-DT-Georgia
*Say what you want about Green Bay's defense, they lack up front other than Raji. Jenkins gives them another interior threat which can limit teams ability to double and triple team Matthews outside. Also helps against AP and Forte.

27-Houston-Dee Milliner-CB-Alabama
*Houston needs another CB opposite of Joseph and Milliner drops a bit in the draft due to not being a sure, shut down corner. However, he is still very talented and upgrades a very shaky unit on the Houston defense.

28-Denver-Eric Reid-FS-LSU
*We all saw R Moore against Baltimore and the play he missed. Reid's selection is in a way because of that play, but more because the Broncos need to get more atheltic in their secondary.

29-New England-Desmond Trufant-CB-Washington
*Physical CB who is smart, competes, and can tackle. He is a CB who allows the Pats to move McCourty to S full time.

30-Atlanta-Tyler Eifert-TE-Notre Dame
*Falcons try to replace Tony Gonzalez, and Eifert at least the stature to do it.

31-Baltimore-Kevin Minter-ILB-LSU
*This team needs to get cheaper on defense, and Minter is really talented. He isn't Ray Lewis, but he is a very good player.

32-San Francisco-Larry Warford-OG-Kentucky
*Not many needs on this team, but they did sign Leonard Davis for a reason last year and they have shown a willingness to draft linemen high. Warford is a power RG that is young, cheap and keeps this team near the top of the NFC.

*That is it. Rip to shreds if you want. Here is my Cardinals mock draft. I'm not going to project the AJ Jefferson pick or comp picks at this time.

1-Chance Warmack-OG-Alabama-6'3 320
*Arguable BPA and fills a huge need. Upgrades both running game and passing game.

2-Ryan Nassib-QB-Syracuse-6'2 228
*Arians type of QB that stands tall in the pocket, is confident, and seems cool under pressure.

3-Cornellius Carradine-DE-Florida St-6'4 265
*Coming off an injury, but still warrents a mid pick. Primarily a DE, but looks to be athletic enough to play in different fronts which the Cardinals are reporting they want to do.

4-Kenjon Barner-RB-Oregon-5'9 188
*Arians wants an explosive offense, has two physical RBs in Wells and Williams, and will need to fill the void left by LSH who I don't believe the Cardinals can afford to keep. Barner brings big plays to the running game which it has historically lacked, and doesn't require the high draft pick that would force him to play more than he is suited for.

5-Denard Robinson-WR-Michigan-5'11 197
*Another big time playmaker which Arians covets, but Robinson is a bit of a project. He is not a developed WR, but is a versatile player, can make big plays, and is elusive in the open field. A guy who seems willing to work hard in order to create a niche for himself with a NFL team.

6-Michael Williams-TE-Alabama-6'5 272
*Traditional #2 TE who will drop because of the better athletes that are drafted earlier at his position. Not flashy, but is a really good blocker, and is solid in the short/intermediate passing game. A younger, cheaper Jeff King who is a more natural blocker.

7-Greg Blair-ILB-Cincinnati-6'1 252
*Thumping, two down ILB to develop behind Paris Lenon and can play MLB in 4-3 sets. Solid last day pick who helps on special teams as well.

Nice NFL Mock.Well thought out.like most of your Cards mock.
1.Warmack G -good pick.Although i wonder if Cards would go OG inthe 1st Round?Still Warmack seems to fit what BA says he wants.
2.Nassib QB-all the QBs have warts and Wilson,Bray and Nassib are left after your Glennon to Buffalo pick.Its a tough pick between Wilson and Nassib.BA chooses.
3.Cornelius Carradine DE-knee injury question mark.................him and Werner made a hell of a pass rush together.I question will Carradine have his quickness after his injury?If he gets a clean BOH then go for it.
4.Barner RB-How about a Montee Ball Wisconsin.More size and tough.
5.Denard Robinson WR-I read your reason and cn see it.Could this guy be another Boldin with some coaching?
6.Michael Williams TE-too slow,bad hands,got to be a better option
7.Blair ILB-like the pick.A big body inside.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
i know trades are tough -- but--

if the top of the first plays out like you project: I would think you could trade with Buffalo

they want a qb. so do the Jets right below them -- I suspect you could smoke a pick out of them to ensure they get their guy

It all depends on who is available. Glennon, Demontre Moore, Werner, Eric Fisher, Star Lotulelei, Jarvis Jones, Keenan Allen, and Mingo are all players teams might consider moving up for. The key is what can you get and how far you have to move back. If I was the Cardinals, I am not sure if I would move past #14 unless I was offered a king's ransom. Any later and there might not be a top player, like we need, available.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nice NFL Mock.Well thought out.like most of your Cards mock.
1.Warmack G -good pick.Although i wonder if Cards would go OG inthe 1st Round?Still Warmack seems to fit what BA says he wants.
2.Nassib QB-all the QBs have warts and Wilson,Bray and Nassib are left after your Glennon to Buffalo pick.Its a tough pick between Wilson and Nassib.BA chooses.
3.Cornelius Carradine DE-knee injury question mark.................him and Werner made a hell of a pass rush together.I question will Carradine have his quickness after his injury?If he gets a clean BOH then go for it.
4.Barner RB-How about a Montee Ball Wisconsin.More size and tough.
5.Denard Robinson WR-I read your reason and cn see it.Could this guy be another Boldin with some coaching?
6.Michael Williams TE-too slow,bad hands,got to be a better option
7.Blair ILB-like the pick.A big body inside.

Carradine is a bit of a reach and I will admit that. There just aren't too many rush DEs available at that point which makes me think the Cards might take a chance on a top 45 talent in Carradine (when healthy) in the 3rd round.

I think Montee Ball goes in the 3rd round.

On Williams, his value is primarily as a blocker. I liked Nick Kasa, Vance McDonald, Dion Sims and some other TEs better, but I didn't see them as valuable enough to pass on the other players drafted. My point with Williams is we are scheduled to pay Jeff King 1.8 mil in 2013, and Williams can do most of what King can do as well or better and will cost around 500k. If I can save 1.3 mil, I will in a heartbeat and put that money towards getting better in other areas.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
Robinson may be able to throw the ball some but can he catch? Talking heads say his sr. bowl practices were atrocious.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would find it hard to believe that Damontre Moore would not be higher on the board than Warmack. And I LOVE Warmack.

If I was to rank my board from 1 to 7 for the Cards it would go:

Luke Joeckel
Jarvis Jones
Damontre Moore
Chance Warmack
Barkevious Mingo
Eric Fischer
Jonathon Cooper

But I can't see any way that Moore, Jones, or Joeckel drop to us. Only reason we have Warmack dropping is because he is a guard.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Carradine is a bit of a reach and I will admit that. There just aren't too many rush DEs available at that point which makes me think the Cards might take a chance on a top 45 talent in Carradine (when healthy) in the 3rd round.

I think Montee Ball goes in the 3rd round.

On Williams, his value is primarily as a blocker. I liked Nick Kasa, Vance McDonald, Dion Sims and some other TEs better, but I didn't see them as valuable enough to pass on the other players drafted. My point with Williams is we are scheduled to pay Jeff King 1.8 mil in 2013, and Williams can do most of what King can do as well or better and will cost around 500k. If I can save 1.3 mil, I will in a heartbeat and put that money towards getting better in other areas.

You sure got that right about pass rushing DEs.Seems like most f the other DEs are more the stay at home hold your ground types who get a sack sometimes (Goodman,Kruger,Devin Taylor,Gholston,Okafor,Margus Hunt,Simon).Very few real DE`s who can really go after the QB.Most of the pass rushers in this draft seem to be college DEa who are too small to be DE in the NFL.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Tough pick between Moore and Warmack. Both would upgrade team at essential positions for a long long time. I'd go with Moore. He'd create havoc. Shouldn't have been there. Most scouts have him going top 5 and higher.

After that I'd draft OL, QB, OL. Try to sign Alex Smith for a few yrs.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
I like he Womack pick if Smith is off the board, but this boards obsession with Ryan Nassib has to stop. The kid is not NFL ready. Syracuse runs a 'one-read' offense and Nassib is good at either throwing to the read or just throwing it away. It will take several full seasons on the bench to get anything out of this kid.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would find it hard to believe that Damontre Moore would not be higher on the board than Warmack. And I LOVE Warmack.

Luke Joeckel
Jarvis Jones
Damontre Moore
Chance Warmack
Barkevious Mingo
Eric Fischer
Jonathon Cooper

But I can't see any way that Moore, Jones, or Joeckel drop to us. Only reason we have Warmack dropping is because he is a guard.

The issue with Moore is that his most productive season was this year as a DE which he is thought to be too small for at 250 lbs, and he was switched to the DE position because last year he was not very effective as a OLB.

Long story short, Moore is a really good player who is the definition of a tweener and risk top 10 pick.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like he Womack pick if Smith is off the board, but this boards obsession with Ryan Nassib has to stop. The kid is not NFL ready. Syracuse runs a 'one-read' offense and Nassib is good at either throwing to the read or just throwing it away. It will take several full seasons on the bench to get anything out of this kid.

Hmmm, that is interesting because one of the reasons he was highly thought of is because his coach, Doug Marrone (now the Bills coach), ran a pro style offense at Syracuse and Nassib would have an easier transition to the pro game over other college QBs. Conflicting reports go to the Pros unfortunately.

The main issue I have heard with Nassib is his deep ball which could prevent Arians from targeting him unless Arians feels that is a very coachable flaw.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Robinson may be able to throw the ball some but can he catch? Talking heads say his sr. bowl practices were atrocious.

His practices where not as explosive because they said he was thinking too much. Same went for his hands, one of which was injured the first two days.

If you want the finished project, draft Tavon Austin in the 2nd round. If you have other needs like QB and OL and DE then you take the project, Denard Robinson, in round 5.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Tough pick between Moore and Warmack. Both would upgrade team at essential positions for a long long time. I'd go with Moore. He'd create havoc. Shouldn't have been there. Most scouts have him going top 5 and higher.

After that I'd draft OL, QB, OL. Try to sign Alex Smith for a few yrs.

I have a tough time thinking Bruce Arians would bring in a QB like Alex Smith, who was replaced in San Fran because of his inability/unwillingness to throw the ball down the field, to run his vertical passing game.

Just saying.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Cards will go OL in Rd 1 and QB in Rd 2. However, it would not surprise me if they ended up taken OT Eric Fisher with their first pick. Keim in an interview with Jurecki indicated that Potter could be moved inside. They could take Fisher, start him at LT and move Levi back to the right side and have Massie as the backup. That would give us good depth at OT and also at OG.

I think that Nassib is a good pick in round 2. Some on the Board don't like him but he is a leader, has good accuracy and his played in a pro style offense. Mike Mayock compared him to Andy Dalton. I think he can become a solid starter for us.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LOL @ the people saying that Eric Fisher is now a Top 10 pick. Nice prospect, but he's still undersized. Not sure if he's a better prospect than Joe Staley, and Staley didn't go until the early 20s. I know that he's a shiny new toy, but there are going to be underclassmen who come out and make a difference in the Combine and Workouts.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You rip on Nassib for running a one read offense, which is false btw, yet tout Geno Smith and the simplistic one read offense that WVU runs. Maybe your WV homerism is showing a bit.

Luke Joeckel
Jarvis Jones
Damontre Moore
Chance Warmack
Barkevious Mingo
Eric Fischer
Jonathon Cooper

I've read where Moore was given a top 5 grade by the NFL draft advisory board.

I also read where the most likely player to drop some is Jones and not because of his stenosis. He's supposedly isn't a workout guy and relied on athleticism to get by in college. That could also be viewed as a good thing. If he commits to a workout program, he may become a beast. BUt I don't know much about his work ethic. I think he may be there for the Cards at 7.