Chike to get an MRI on arm.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Aparently Chike hurt his bicep tonight and is to get an MRI to determine the extent of the injury.

Really crappy news.:(

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
Injury Update

From azcentral.com.....

Injury report

Center Nick Leckey has a sprained left knee ligament and will be out two to four weeks. OLB Chike Okeafor suffered a biceps injury. He'll have an MRI today Left knee; safety Terrence Holt, ribs; safety Aaron Francisco, left ankle; linebacker Monty Beisel, back spasms. Initial indication is that none of the injuries is serious.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason for an MRI is they think there is a possible tear. That would suck. He'd be out for a long time if that was the case.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason for an MRI is they think there is a possible tear. That would suck. He'd be out for a long time if that was the case.

I think a tear in his bidep would put him out for the year. Much like in a tricep. Unless Im mistaken.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think a tear in his bidep would put him out for the year. Much like in a tricep. Unless Im mistaken.

Muscle tears are what has caused Berry to miss a lot of playing time the last two seasons.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, how long until we get the inevitable news that Chike's gone for two and half months?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
preseason should only be 1 or 2 games max 4 games is way to long :( hope chike is ok we need him this year

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
in my opinion if the docs are getting an MRI on his biceps it can't be good. Cross your fingers but I think he is done for the season. Major blow to the D!!!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Thank goodness for John Lott's conditioning program. :rolleyes:

This is why he got fired in Cleveland.

Soft camps and poor conditioning leads to these things.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score

Sometimes you just lose it, don't you?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

so why did berry get torn the last 2 years without lott?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sometimes you just lose it, don't you?

Lott didn't just leave because we lured him away from Cleveland. He got fired. Have the Browns seemed especially well-conditioned to you over the years? He got fired in Cleveland because their players kept getting injured. Whether he was scapegoated or because his players were poorly conditioned is an open question, but that's the reason why he's not still there.

The unspoken truth through all of Whis's first camp is that there's not much hitting and it's not very physical. This is what happens when you run a soft camp.

:shrug:

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Lott didn't just leave because we lured him away from Cleveland. He got fired. Have the Browns seemed especially well-conditioned to you over the years? He got fired in Cleveland because their players kept getting injured. Whether he was scapegoated or because his players were poorly conditioned is an open question, but that's the reason why he's not still there.

The unspoken truth through all of Whis's first camp is that there's not much hitting and it's not very physical. This is what happens when you run a soft camp.

or maybe football is a physical game and unfortunately injuries are part of it. hopefully this is just a precaution and it's minor.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score

Shipp looked strong and physical.

Credit goes to...?

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Shipp was running with the 1st team, and lloking great.

How about Arrington?

Looking strong and physical.

I could go on like this all day. Dockett?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Shipp was running with the 1st team, and lloking great.

How about Arrington?

Looking strong and physical.

I could go on like this all day. Dockett?

No, you're right... In order for me to be right, every player needs to have been injured or gotten pushed off the LOS. :rolleyes:

Edit: Check out this thread from the Browns board from last December. Their conversation about Lott sounds much like what we said about our previous OL coach or ST coaches: They're supposed to be good, but WTF with the underperformance. there weren't many Browns fans in Cleveland sad to see the guy leave.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson