"Changing" Cardinals...

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We all have our "preferences"...Things we like to do and things we think we're good at it. Applying that to our current Cardinals this is what I'm drawing from last night's game. As teams have adjusted to our desire to go deep I think we saw last night a willingness to "change"...In this case a check-down to D.J. or A.E. in the open-field can gain a good chunk of yardage. Maybe not as much as a 50-yarder but definitely enough to move the ball and ultimately get close enough to score. I heard somewhere...maybe commentary in the 1st game against the Pats..that some DC's think the Cards can become frustrated if you repeatedly take away the deep pass. ...and the 1st-part of the season we missed a lot of deep shots and seemed out of sorts.

A long drive of 10+ plays may not be "sexy" but getting in the end-zone wins games.

I think we can all agree that being 3-3 is a good place to be in at this point.

...And now...SEATTLE!!

Have a GREAT day! ( I think that's (3) "Redneck Voodoo". LOL

Mark :)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you control the ball for 36 minutes and you win the turnover battle, the likelihood is very high you are going to win the game.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully BA is learning to take what the defense is giving. Last night was a perfect example. So many times in previous games, we would have a 3rd and short situation and throw a 50 yard incompletion when there was a man open underneath for the first down.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We all have our "preferences"...Things we like to do and things we think we're good at it. Applying that to our current Cardinals this is what I'm drawing from last night's game. As teams have adjusted to our desire to go deep I think we saw last night a willingness to "change"...In this case a check-down to D.J. or A.E. in the open-field can gain a good chunk of yardage. Maybe not as much as a 50-yarder but definitely enough to move the ball and ultimately get close enough to score. I heard somewhere...maybe commentary in the 1st game against the Pats..that some DC's think the Cards can become frustrated if you repeatedly take away the deep pass. ...and the 1st-part of the season we missed a lot of deep shots and seemed out of sorts.

A long drive of 10+ plays may not be "sexy" but getting in the end-zone wins games.

I think we can all agree that being 3-3 is a good place to be in at this point.

...And now...SEATTLE!!

Have a GREAT day! ( I think that's (3) "Redneck Voodoo". LOL

Mark :)
we had back to back 14 play scoring drives last night...that is very sexy..
truth is...if we become known as a running team it will open up those long passes BA likes so much. The more the NFL defensive coordinators fear David Johnson the more opportunities Palmer will get to punish them with Brown and Brown

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully BA is learning to take what the defense is giving. Last night was a perfect example. So many times in previous games, we would have a 3rd and short situation and throw a 50 yard incompletion when there was a man open underneath for the first down.

I'll keep posting this until everyone understands. Every pass play in BA's offense has options for the long ball, mid range and short outlet passes. BA does stress No Risk It No Biscuit but Palmer has to make the smart choices on those plays.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree with Never...., not sexy but it is winning FB. Also, short passes and great running will lead to long pass completions.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Hey cardinals fans download this amazing new app. IT’S FREE!! Click on the link and enter 911911 for free tokens. LET’S GO!! https://www.firefan.com/?code=911911 Please download this app it is a great way for all of us to have fun and cheer on our team. I look forward to competing against you soon!

Anyway to get rid of this guy? Every post is spam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard