Changes for Next Season?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really liked what I saw of Stix in college. He has a ways to go to be a starter or a rotation player in the NBA. I hope he develops.

In 2-3 years, I could see him being a Myles Turner or Jarrett Allen type, which we definitely could use. The problem is that we have no clue what the rest of the team will look like by then...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 2-3 years, I could see him being a Myles Turner or Jarrett Allen type, which we definitely could use. The problem is that we have no clue what the rest of the team will look like by then...

I do like Myles Turner. Wish there was some way to get him from the Pacers to play alongside and backup Ayton.

I think Jalen Smith may be a project player as well if he develops.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Signing Ayton to a big money extension is a huge mistake. Trade him for pieces and picks, extend CP3 and build around the backcourt.
That's ridiculous. Ayton is still improving. As long as he's improving and producing you dont dump him. He surprised many of us in these playoffs. Yeah he's had dud games too but so what...he's young. A lot of players had off games.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nope not really. The Bucks are a good team and Giannis was unstoppable
Yeah they were bigger, stronger, and more experienced, very fee things the suns could do against a taller team who could outrebound them and with a player who could score or get fouled at will.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Bulking up 30+ lbs the summer before college, playing All-American basketball as a freshman (amidst bulls**t news reports in his periphery), becoming one of the NBA’s best rebounders and interior defenders, sacrificing part of his offensive game for the betterment of the team, and being receptive to (and asking for) tough coaching. Amongst other things I’ve seen and heard.

The lengths his current and former coaches will go to praise him is enough reassurance on its own, but there’s much, much more
Ayton played above the rim for about 3 weeks during the playoffs and then reverted back to his softness the last 2 weeks. I wouldn't "openly" put him on the block but would listen. Book needs to put on about 10 solid lbs, Bridges needs about 20+lbs. Cam Johnson needs to get Crowders minutes. Crowder is a chucker and i like shooters. Need to fins a legit PF/C option. I truly thought DA turned a corner, he did not. After listening to his pathetic statement after game 5 all day yesterday before game 6 i knew he would crap the bed and not do the very thing the team needed from him.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
You’ve already developed the notion that Ayton lacks effort in your head and won’t budge even with the accolades I presented. Fair. Not going to try and sway you otherwise. But to draw sweeping generalizations about him is a big silly
Ayton has proven to be soft, lazy with low BB IQ and throw in some hands of stone. He cowered to players smaller than him and CHOOSES to play below the rim. his FTA numbers are pathetic for a Big. I say trade him before he is completely exposed and the last thing i would do is max him out.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ayton has proven to be soft, lazy with low BB IQ and throw in some hands of stone. He cowered to players smaller than him and CHOOSES to play below the rim. his FTA numbers are pathetic for a Big. I say trade him before he is completely exposed and the last thing i would do is max him out.
Easy to say trade him without hearing names in return. Plus he's our only true big that produces. We'd better get a big back or our team just gets smaller and smaller.

Reaction score
The Suns have to get bigger. That was an epic collapse. They were out worked and couldn’t handle the physical play of the Bucks.
I wouldn't necessarily say bigger, but George & Greek were more than handfuls. I'd say tougher. A couple of real defensive enforcers would help. However, I warn all you guys, historically (going back 50 years) every time PHX has traded to get a great enforcer "big guy," it has pretty much backfired. Barkley was the exception. When they came to PHX, they immediately became foul magnets. (Dennis Awtrey, for example). Probably the best big guy we ever traded for, who wasn't quite a dominant player, was James Edwards.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. Ayton is still improving. As long as he's improving and producing you dont dump him. He surprised many of us in these playoffs. Yeah he's had dud games too but so what...he's young. A lot of players had off games.
This. You don't dump a guy on the upswing that put up historic numbers in the playoffs. He wasn't consistent, especially down the stretch. The second you feel this guy isn't going to get better that's a different story.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton's defense improved by leaps and bounds but he's still so incredibly frustrating because the production doesn't equal the tools. At his size, length and vertical how can he only block 1.2 shots per game? DBPM was 0 this year, he was negative the first 2 years so he improved but VanGundy was right last night the whole night he was out of position he wasn't walling up in front of Giannis. Giannis is a phenom Ayton certainly isn't the only guy in the NBA who can't guard him but you can live with a guy who's trying to do the right things and Giannis is just too good, but many times that wasn't the case. There's one play last night that typifies it for me they miss, Giannis gets rebound and goes in and powers to the basket for a layup. Ayton is on the other side of the paint, feet from Giannis, and never takes a single step to go over and try and challenge the shot he just stands there looking. they showed the replay to show how hard Giannis was playing and all I can think is the contrast is startling, Ayton never moved. Athletically they're pretty similar, but Giannis plays as hard as anybody in the league and Ayton drifts. Great rebounder, got much better, but at a certain point if he can't learn to play harder he's going to continue to frustrate.

I think he's got one year left on his rookie deal but I think its' going to be interesting to see what happens to Bamba in Orlando. no offense but he blocks more shots than Ayton in about half the minutes and he's just scratching the surface. Would be a great backup to develop but my guess is after they traded Vucevic they probably won't let Bamba go.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What an epic, epic choke job.
not at all, the bucks are a great team. Giannis was not fit to start the series. I think the suns had an advantage because of that early on. and to their credit they took advantage in the first 2 games. if you look at the rest of the series, in spite of Giannis being the dominant superstar in this series who is surrounded by great talent, the suns were really close to winning games 4-6, thanks to great performances from Booker, they were just a bit overmatched overall. For me that is not choking.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I thought this board was done with the garbage Ayton takes, but alas, here we are. ‍♂️

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going up 2-0 in a series and then losing 4 straight games is a choke job however you want to slice it. Giannis was unstoppable. So why wasn't our unstoppable star/stars?
Because we don't have anybody on this roster on Giannis's level. We have multiple players that play as a team to make up for it. Did the Suns choke away the lead? You can make that argument. Did the Bucks seize control of the series and win because they were the better team? IMO yes. I wish we were not on the opposite end of it but we just witnessed one of the greatest finals performances in NBA history.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Going up 2-0 in a series and then losing 4 straight games is a choke job however you want to slice it. Giannis was unstoppable. So why wasn't our unstoppable star/stars?
What...you can't accept the better team won? That's not choking...Giannis was the best player on the floor and proved it...over and over.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't understand why the Suns didn't draft Haliburton. This team would be loaded for the future if they had with money to spend if Paul left and only needing depth at the 4/5 plus a third point guard.

I hope Stix shows more this summer but I'm not counting on it.

because his agent said he didn’t want to play here.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this board was done with the garbage Ayton takes, but alas, here we are. ‍♂️

All it takes is one bad game from any Suns player to get the ball rolling.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
because his agent said he didn’t want to play here.

I'd like to see it from a reliable source. If you could provide me a link it would be helpful although I think you draft BPA anyway.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My offseason wishlist

1 Sabonis
2 Lou Dort
3 Lonzo ball

Sabonis isn’t really realistic but Dort and Ball would add a lot of size. Bridges is flat out not strong enough we seen that same with Paul

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to see it from a reliable source. If you could provide me a link it would be helpful although I think you draft BPA anyway.

it’s been all over from Woj to Windhorst

the Halliburton team refused to workout, meet and even send tapes to certain teams that’s why he slid so far and we were one of those teams he made it known he didn’t want to come to.

there’s a whole Halliburton thread talking about this. We’ve gone over this a 100 times

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it’s been all over from Woj to Windhorst

the Halliburton team refused to workout, meet and even send tapes to certain teams that’s why he slid so far and we were one of those teams he made it known he didn’t want to come to.

there’s a whole Halliburton thread talking about this. We’ve gone over this a 100 times

I've never seen anything tangible about it although I've heard the rumor and read the thread. IMO, it's all rumor until substantiated. If major media sources have talked about it there should be a source.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose