Chandler Jones to the Raiders

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the quote is BS? You think dropping Jones into coverage for example is the best use of his talents?
He didn’t go to the raiders for his use of talent he went for the money not even a question. And last I checked that’s actually the job of a 3-4 OLBer…. They need to drop in coverage at times.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Chandler is a good player and he will be missed

i think he puts up serious numbers with the Raiders -- he arguably becomes the #2 guy in the pass rush with Max Crosby there. He could feast on protection schemes that dont slide to him

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I know it is water under the bridge now but does anyone know what salary he was asking to stat a cardinal?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn’t go to the raiders for his use of talent he went for the money not even a question. And last I checked that’s actually the job of a 3-4 OLBer…. They need to drop in coverage at times.
Of course he went for money, why wouldn't he? Why can't both statements be true?

1. Went for money = True
2. Not utilized for his strengths = True

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What about the quote is BS? You think dropping Jones into coverage for example is the best use of his talents?
No, but it’s not like other DCs won’t do that on occasion, they all will. It’s about money and the “respect” players attach to the money.

OP
OP
Dayman

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe CJ became the scapegoat for a flawed defense last year. The guy isn't a perfect player, but you would think he is a Travis Laboy level player from some of these comments. He will be missed on this defense more than a lot of people think he will.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe CJ became the scapegoat for a flawed defense last year. The guy isn't a perfect player, but you would think he is a Travis Laboy level player from some of these comments. He will be missed on this defense more than a lot of people think he will.
Will he be missed sure? But better to get rid of a little too early than far to late. He is clear as day slowing down and on the back hill slide.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Of course he went for money, why wouldn't he? Why can't both statements be true?

1. Went for money = True
2. Not utilized for his strengths = True
If that were a real reason he wouldn’t have been stumping for an extension, he’s have been hell bent on getting out and that was never the case.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think the quote is complete BS
I think that saying that it is not about money at all is BS. It is always about money.

That said, some systems give special players the freedom to be special. I go back to Troy Polamalu with that. Troy has said that he would not have been the player he was if he didn't have a DC who let him be special. Vance's scheme does not give the players that freedom. The argument if that is better or worse is a different convo.

If the Cardinals had offered 17, I don't believe Jones would have left.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that were a real reason he wouldn’t have been stumping for an extension, he’s have been hell bent on getting out and that was never the case.
Every single person has complaints about their job and some still want to keep working there. Everything isn't always sunshine and rainbows just because you didn't sign a contract, or want an extension, or even ask for a trade...

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think that saying that it is not about money at all is BS. It is always about money.

That said, some systems give special players the freedom to be special. I go back to Troy Polamalu with that. Troy has said that he would not have been the player he was if he didn't have a DC who let him be special. Vance's scheme does not give the players that freedom. The argument if that is better or worse is a different convo.

If the Cardinals had offered 17, I don't believe Jones would have left.
And do you think it would have been a good move for the Cardinals?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And do you think it would have been a good move for the Cardinals?
I think we would be a better team and I don't really care about the money. The same argument is made about Zach Ertz and his three year deal. I also like the idea of have an edge rusher not named Dimukeje or Gardeck signed for 2023.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For context, we have 18 players under contract for 2023 and that is counting David Wells and Nolan Cooney. Our roster is pretty ****** moving forward. A lot of RBs, Ss and ILBs. Not a lot of OL, EDGE, WRs, CBs and DL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For context, we have 18 players under contract for 2023 and that is counting David Wells and Nolan Cooney. Our roster is pretty ****** moving forward. A lot of RBs, Ss and ILBs. Not a lot of OL, EDGE, WRs, CBs and DL.

Yes but surely plenty of cap space too.

I expect Keim will get the current holes sorted then work on extensions.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, the arguably most important pieces...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it wasn't all about the money then...
You crack me up… Yeah because he’s going to get up in his press conference and say “I’m here because it’s all about the money” smh

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You crack me up… Yeah because he’s going to get up in his press conference and say “I’m here because it’s all about the money” smh

Same. How can you say with certainty that all about the money in one post/player, and then say the player should think about their families when discussing a different player? Something is amiss.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. Because he says something twice doesn’t make it true. If you want to believe the fairytales that players tell the press by all means that’s your prerogative.
If you don't think that money isn't always a factor when deciding on an employer, that's your prerogative.
If you don't think that Chandler Jones being next to Maxx Crosby isn't a factor, that's your prerogative.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard