CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't mind if we drafted Anderson and then nothing but O-line after him, and even trading up to get the good ones

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It depends on how far the trade back is, but to answer the question it's Carter for me, the man just has too much talent to pass up. If I am trading back to the teens the for sure it's Carter. But if its around 7 of so, you just cant afford to make a big mistake.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
will levis might transition to linebacker...if he passes his PED test, lol

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Along with Hooker the other QB I wouldn't mind bringing in is DTR with a later round pick

I honestly don't get why DTR isn't getting more hype. Maybe NFL see him different and he does go higher.

Played 50 college games. 63% comp rate. 88/36 TD INT ratio. 8 yards career YPA. Good runner. Plays in a pro style offense.

He's a little undersized but no more so than Stroud or Young. He's a 3rd round max guy for me. I think he can be a good player in the league.

He's far better than Malik Willis and he went round 2. Or Matt Corral who went round 3 last year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coaches comments on Anderson from Bruce Feldman in The Athletic

“Getting a lot of sacks usually comes down to desire, want-to and grit, and he’s really got that. Here’s what I also really love about him: He’s out there on PAT and field goal block, and he’s going like it’s the last play of his career. His motor is fantastic.”

“I love him. He plays with tremendous speed. Everybody tried to account for him in every way possible this year, so maybe that’s why he didn’t put up quite as big numbers as he did last year. I know their staff really well and they talked about how he’s so coachable, and whether it’s what you see on the film or in the game, you can tell that he took all of that in.”

“He’s elite off the edge, but it was his short-area power and punch that really caught us off guard. We’ve had first-round defensive ends, but the explosion and pop that he had was pretty remarkable. When he punches you, it’s like he’s a nose guard. He’s so rare.”

“He was better than either of the guys (Travon Walker and Aidan Hutchinson) who went 1-2 in last year’s draft. He’s like Derrick Thomas. He has great get-off and length. When we played against Myles Garrett, we said, ‘Let’s run right at him.’ The thing with Will is (that) he’s equally good against the run. He’s hard to chip. You try to put two guys on him, and he does just as good a job of twisting and moving.”

“Relentless. He can wiggle through blocks in the run game and get through double teams. He does a phenomenal job of getting skinny and playing low. I don’t even know who to compare him to. He’s like a better Montez Sweat or a Jeffery Simmons-level type.”

“He’s got that alpha dog in him. He’s that rare type of guy. To me, him playing in the bowl game says everything about him.”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Tyree Wilson. The football equivalent of "you have a nice personality"

“He has the size and great length. I thought he played better a year ago. He affected games more then. I left that game, thinking, ‘Man, he’s a dude. He’s really good.’ But I didn’t think lottery pick. He’s just not as consistent, but talent-wise, it’s definitely there.”

“His best ball is ahead of him. He’s made tremendous progress. Has a great motor and length. He is really strong when he goes speed to power. He can walk tackles back. He can’t really play in space that well. He’s a little stiff, and did not look comfortable in space. But he can turn and chase. He makes tons of plays at the point of attack and chases plays down from behind.”

“He’s versatile. I am surprised that people are talking about him as a top-10 pick, but the NFL people know a helluva lot more than me. He is damn ginormous and twitchy. He is a big 4-technique who can rush the passer and plays hard. Off of potential and projection, I guess I can see his upside.”

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he's there in the later rounds, I'm definitely giving him a look see. I doubt he will be, though.
He may be there in the 4th round. Lot's of good backs rated higher than him. He didn't compete in the Indy Combine. He is fast but players always have better times in their college pro days.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jalen Carter's interview the night of the crash

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose